Hydaelyn Role-Players
In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: In the Shadows of Death's Wings (/showthread.php?tid=8167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-19-2014

Thank you to everyone involved so far, this has been a fantastic ride so far and I look forward to seeing where the RP takes everything Big Grin

Also, new names have appeared on the roster(page 5), remember, for organizational purposes we would like people to let us know who they are coming as and what team they'll be playing for. Just shoot me a PM here.

Heroes looking to get involved, contact Iron Sea. Villains, contact myself, Askier, or Osric.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Erik Mynhier - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 01:32 PM)Ragnar Wrote: Thank you to everyone involved so far, this has been a fantastic ride and I look forward to seeing where the RP takes everything Big Grin

Also, new names have appeared on the roster(page 5), remember, for organizational purposes we would like people to let us know who they are coming as and what team they'll be playing for. Just shoot me a PM here.

Heroes looking to get involved, contact Iron Sea. Villains, contact myself, Askier, or Osric.

[Image: 1dd435ca60ea1b1a9929499b28fb92cd.jpg]
Erik cried later that night I'll have you know. I'm going to post a memorial in the town square in an hour or so. Red Wings and others welcomed to join me in remembering our brother.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - DoomsdayClock - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 01:06 PM)Askier Wrote: Well I'd like to thank Iron for setting this up. The mini event that happened was really his brain child. I had basically nothing to do with the set up. I was just sort of there. He did all the organizing and collecting people and thank.you for your hard work Iron. Smile
Nothing works out without good people. That set of heroes last night turned out to be a goldmine. That girl who wanted to come along in town still wants in, so I'll try to reach out for her and Viral for the last part. I'm just glad to hear such positive reactions!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 01:48 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Erik cried later that night I'll have you know. I'm going to post a memorial in the town square in an hour or so. Red Wings and others welcomed to join me in remembering our brother.

Really hope you guys bring him back >.>

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 02:21 PM)Ragnar Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 01:48 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Erik cried later that night I'll have you know. I'm going to post a memorial in the town square in an hour or so. Red Wings and others welcomed to join me in remembering our brother.

Askier isn't leaving Clan house till they do.  . . Lol

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Coatleque - 09-19-2014

I have too much to catch up on now it seems...

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 03:33 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I have too much to catch up on now it seems...
Cliff notes:

Voice makes Crows to raise their 'god'

Crows harass Liadan and attack several key people.

Iron Sea catches Atrium at a shrine to Nald'thal and over hears plans. They fight.

Crows keep killing people.

The Voice's house is burned down because of Liadan and her FC

Crows try to steal book from Thaumaturge guild. Heroes stop them. Atrium's male body is destroyed.

Atrium gets new body.

Iron Sea begins organizing Crow hunt.

Atrium recruits Laforet. Atrium and Oubliette meet Misha , Iron's spy.

Atrium and oubliette kidnap Rhaq.

Iron Sea, Misha, Franz, and others attack Crows in Limsa.

Atrium and Oubliette are attacked near Limsa. Voice posses Atrium, attacks heroes, let's secret slip.

(And now you are caught up!)

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Erik Mynhier - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 02:21 PM)Ragnar Wrote:

This was actually encountered in an rp in the past, back in beta. Erik, with the help of a few key people could do it, but there's a price. Let me know if youre interested in details.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - DoomsdayClock - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 04:04 PM)Askier Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 03:33 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I have too much to catch up on now it seems...
Cliff notes:

Voice makes Crows to raise their 'god'

Crows harass Liadan and attack several key people.

Iron Sea catches Atrium at a shrine to Nald'thal and over hears plans. They fight.

Crows keep killing people.

The Voice's house is burned down because of Liadan and her FC

Crows try to steal book from Thaumaturge guild. Heroes stop them. Atrium's male body is destroyed.

Atrium gets new body.

Iron Sea begins organizing Crow hunt.

Atrium recruits Laforet. Atrium and Oubliette meet Misha , Iron's spy.

Atrium and oubliette kidnap Rhaq.

Iron Sea, Misha, Franz, and others attack Crows in Limsa.

Atrium and Oubliette are attacked near Limsa. Voice posses Atrium, attacks heroes, let's secret slip.

(And now you are caught up!)
Wut? Is this other FC going to be present Saturday? If so we need to arrange a meet up with all these damned heroes. There are things Iron has to beak down before they go breaking through doors and such!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-20-2014

Hello all!

Tonight is number 2. 

For this evening, the event shall occur at Moraby Drydocks in La Noscea at coordinate 25,33 

Check in will start around 8 p.m. CST. Heroes will meet with Iron Sea and Rhaq/Leilani who will divide you up into your combat parties. Baddies will meet with Oubliette(Ragnar) or Rotunda at the same location.

During this set up process, and after the event has started, we request any ooc requests the above members ask of your are accomidated.  This is to help keep this organized as there seems to be a very good turn out tonight.

I will likely not be on till at least 8:30 pm cst due to work and these 4 have been briefed on what is to come and know the plan. Smile

At 9 cst pm we shall begin the event, even if I am late.  From there rp will begin and, then, very likely fighting will break out. Each group will be faced off with at least 1 baddie and combat will occurred as per normal based on my rules. (Can someone copy/paste it like last time Jan is did it for easy reference? I keep forgetting to update first post and only have my cell meow)

Each group will have their own rolz.org room for their fight and all rp once combat starts should be kept in party chat to prevent the chat log window from.being overcome.with way to Much text and only text you see is relateted to your fight.

If you know someone who is comong tonight but does not frequent these forumns, I ask that you link this post to them.so they can be on the same page. Smile

If I am forgetting anything, post and remind me. Otherwise, have an awesome.day and see you all tonight hopefully
 Lol. Now to push through my remaining 10 hours of work.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Meta Xi - 09-20-2014

(09-13-2014, 01:31 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 01:32 PM)Askier Wrote: ((The Rules and set up))

1)  IC knowledge does not equal OOC knowledge.  For this role-play it is imperative that you don't use OOC information.  I know this will be a problem though since oyu are all awesome rpers. 

2) Please note that no character may be harmed or killed without their player’s consent (OOC)  Does not mean you can’t attack them and miss all day lol 

3) Combat:  There will be fighting in this.  Rules are below.

4) Have fun! 

Combat:  to make combat a smooth action and to remove level gaps from the equation, we will be rping combat.  However, to keep things from getting bogged down, we will be using the following rules.

1)  Combat will take place as a back-and-forth.  One side will go, making their attack (or attacks, if multiple attackers) first.  To see if your attack hits, we will be using rollz.org for combat. Combat will be based on dice rolls with Attacker and defender trying to role higher than the other, in the event of a tie, it is a draw.  When attacking,  you will post how you want to attack and roll the dice, adding the dice roll to the post:  Ex:

-Tom rolls his dice and then posts in game : Adin draws his sword and lunges forward, trying to impale his foe with the pointy end.  (( rolled 4))

It's important that your post says what you're trying to do, not that you hit, because the defender will roll and then post what happens.  Ex:

- Ali rolls her dice and gets a five.  Since the result is higher,she takes no damage.  Ali posts: Meera steps to the side and avoids the attack, grinning. ((Rolled 5))

Now that Tom's attack is resolved, it is Ali's turn to attack.  In the likely situation of multiple attackers on one person, all players on one side attack first, each going in order from left to right making an attack and letting the defender defend. Ex:

-Tom keeps missing so Fred joins in.  Tom is on left so he goesfirst - Adin attacks ((Rolls 3))

- Ali rolls and posts "Meera dodge." ((5))

- Fred rolls and posts - Torin attacks with an axeswing.  ((6))

-  Ali rolls and scowls as she posts  -  "Aliis struck with a glancing blow on the shoulder and blood rushes out.  ((rolled 3))

Now it's Ali's turn to attack but she can only attack one so she must becareful.

But what happens when you are hit?  You lose a hit point!  All characters have 3 hp (this is subject to change based on player numbers on either side.)

Once you have 0 hp, you are knocked out, or forced to flee, player's choice.

Healing classes can, instead of attacking, heal a wound on someone.  Note, can only do this once every three rounds to prevent over healing.

2) No one player may be engaged in combat with more than 3 opponents simultaneously.  To indicate you are in combat with someone, walk up to them and unsheathe your weapon.  Once a player has 3 people standing in front of them, no other player may enter the fray until a player is beaten.  An example of said formation is below with "O"representing one side and "X" the other

O  O  O
    X

3) But what if a friend is in trouble against three people?  You may run over and engage one of the enemies one on one by walking over and standing in front of them with your weapon unsheathed.  Whisper them you are engaging them and both you and the person you've engaged move a few feet away to show your ally is only engaged with 2 people now.  Visual example below.

O  O  O = O  O  O =  O  O      O
    X     =     X  X  =       X      X

4) IMPORTANT:  During combat, your emotes should be no more than a few sentences long.  This is to keep combat flowing quickly and from jumbling up the chat window with long posts.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - DoomsdayClock - 09-21-2014

Hey folks,
Before I crash for the night, I wanted to take a moment to thank the ridiculously large number of heroes that showed up for this event tonight. I know I was sort of in charge of the hero side...but I never expected to have that many people..AND the event to go relatively smoothly!
Not trying to step on Askier's toes, but I just wanted to really thank everyone for a very fun night of Rp, and something that felt like the community was really a living thing.
I had a great time, and am glad to have made some awesome IC connections in the process. I hope everyone else had a similar vibe. It's really not an easy thing to get something that large to move like it did!
And Misha...thank the twelve for your help in wrangling everyone together at the beginning! I'd have just facedesked without you, or Ran away Cactuar

That's all, just wanted to toss that buzz out there while I was still riding the energy wave of it all.
Night folks!!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Melkire - 09-21-2014

On behalf of the organizers, thank you all!

Iron Sea & Misha Jinhri: Thank you for stepping up to the colossal challenge of helping organize such a high turnout! Trust me when I say that we understand how swamped one can get when buried under /tell and LS messages from so many people. Was even more impressed when I learned that you're on PS4, Iron! And Misha, tyvm for helping poor Iron out when things got to be too much.

Igluvijaq Crow, Austurmax Laforet, Anelia Sadowyn, Oscare Iono as "The Strategist", and Zachary Evans as "Theatre Crow": Thank you for showing up and throwing in with the baddies to help bolster our ranks! We would have been much more hard-pressed for tense conflict had you not given your time and energy to stand against the forces of good! It's regrettable that we didn't have more time for pre-event RP and that our villains were strewn throughout Moraby for the duration of the event, meaning less interaction. Perhaps next time!

Everyone who participated: Thank you so very much for being patient with us when it came to organization, explanation, etc. Thank you for showing up, and thank you also for sticking around! We hope everyone had fun. <3

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-21-2014

^^ That! We thank you all so much for participating and making this event a success! I hope you all had as much fun as I did, and again, a special thank you to Iron and Misha for stepping up and getting everything together! Big Grin

Also here are a few pictures I took.
[Image: ffxiv_09202014_203459_zps5fbfba03.png]
[Image: ffxiv_09202014_215240_zpsc4d4f62a.png]
[Image: ffxiv_09202014_215348_zpsd73b1237.png]

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Raik Samil - 09-22-2014

the event saturday night was tons of fun and had me falling out of my char laughing at one part, i was curious as to when the next part will be, or has it not been decided yet?