Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

I'm a girl, so I love my romance, but FF8 had too much... even for me. Some of those Rinoa/Squall scenes I wanted to go "Do you guys want me to leave the room till you're finished?"

This is coming from someone who thinks FF12 was in dire need of a romance that wasn't Balthier and himself.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Tadir - 09-02-2010

Hey! Balthier's romance with himself is what every person should aspire to!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Renaise - 09-02-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:I'm a girl, so I love my romance, but FF8 had too much... even for me. Some of those Rinoa/Squall scenes I wanted to go "Do you guys want me to leave the room till you're finished?"

This is coming from someone who thinks FF12 was in dire need of a romance that wasn't Balthier and himself.

The Irvine, and any girl with a pulse scenes made up for those for me lol Tongue

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

Tadir Wrote:Hey! Balthier's romance with himself is what every person should aspire to!

I loled IRL
Tonberry

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:I'm a girl, so I love my romance, but FF8 had too much... even for me. Some of those Rinoa/Squall scenes I wanted to go "Do you guys want me to leave the room till you're finished?"

I wish it had just stopped there. I really do.

It wasn't just that the romance scenes were wholly extraneous, it was that the characters involved had precisely no chemistry with one another. You knew that Rinoa was the love interest because you were told, repeatedly, that she was cute and charming and funny. We never saw her actually being anything aside from petulant, spoiled, and astonishingly stupid. Combine that with the fact that every single character in the game essentially acknowledged Squall and Rinoa as a couple from moment one, and the whole thing felt forced.

I'm going to stop now before this becomes a page-long off-topic rant.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Eeam - 09-02-2010

Mysidia needs more love. :C

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kylin - 09-02-2010

Please try to stay semi-on topic everyone. The forums are very difficult to keep up on right now for everyone. So spamming posts about favorite heroes/villains/games/etc in a major thread like this just makes keeping up on everything that much harder.

Let's also try to mobilize more voters. We're almost to 200 votes now!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Zyanya - 09-02-2010

I posted a suggestion on the news post. I'm not sure if it got noticed at all since things seem to get avalanched pretty quickly here. I don't want to spam but was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion if we're trying to make the voting a bit punchier!

*goes back to hiding in paper bag*

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kagato - 09-02-2010

I voted for Lindblum, if only for the fact it's the server I picked for Open Beta and also because I enjoyed that town in FFIX. As much as I love VI, Figaro wasn't as interesting a town.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

It seems like the Gamefaqs FFXIV crowd will be hitting Lindblum as well.
The Core's EU players will go to Cornelia, as will the Japanese.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Eeam - 09-02-2010

Gamefaqs? :U

I think Lindblum is going to be one of the more popular servers...

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Soren Miren - 09-02-2010

I agree, Eeam. I had it pegged as such from the start >.>

But I'll go where the vote takes us.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Tadir - 09-02-2010

Me too. I have a feeling it will be Lindblum. So we may be in for serious wait times every time we log in.
Tonberry

[Edit: Trabia got another vote!]

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Alevra - 09-02-2010

Tadir Wrote:Me too. I have a feeling it will be Lindblum. So we may be in for serious wait times every time we log in.
Tonberry
Well, as long as everyone from RPC is in same place im happy. Wink

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kejira - 09-02-2010

Tadir Wrote:Me too. I have a feeling it will be Lindblum. So we may be in for serious wait times every time we log in.
Tonberry

[Edit: Trabia got another vote!]

Hmm...it could be worse right?