Hydaelyn Role-Players
Another Round (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Another Round (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=10078)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Another Round (Open) - Inessa Hara - 02-13-2015

Show Content

RE: Another Round (Open) - Gegenji - 02-13-2015

"YES," the Judge responded neatly. "WE ENGAGED IN CONVERSATION, WHEREIN WE BOTH HAVE EQUAL SANCTION ON THE DIRECTION OF IT. I SET A RULE, WHICH WAS WELL IN YOUR RIGHTS TO REFUTE, BUT YOU DID NOT. YOU INSTEAD BROKE THE RULE, AND RECEIVED YOUR JUST PUNISHMENT. I WOULD EXPECT THE SAME WERE THE SITUATION REVERSED."

He seemed rather unmoved by her harsh tone and insulting manner to which she spoke to him. Actually, Jredthys very clearly looked like someone who would not be moved unless he so desired it, conversationally or otherwise. So, "buggering off" was certainly not in the equation at all from his point of view. Besides, it wasn't "acting" high and mighty when he was in his perceived right as both Judge and equal participant in the conversation. It was not his fault for her not refuting the rule or setting her own.

"SO YOU MOVE TO END THIS CONVERSATION, THEN." If it was a question, it certainly wasn't worded like it. "VERY WELL, I SECOND THE MOTION. HOWEVER, I WILL REMAIN WHERE I AM. YOU ARE FREE TO RELOCATE IF YOU WISH."

He turned back towards Momodi to inquire about a second martini and perhaps even a menu, if one existed.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Inessa Hara - 02-13-2015

Inessa rolled her eyes and returned back to her paper. Clearly, she did not think it was worth the effort to dealing with the Tin Idiot, so she set her cup of Coffee back down on the counter and returned to her paper.

The Tin Idiot clearly did not understand how Inessa thought and interpreted things. In fact, she found it insulting that he would set rules and that he said that Inessa agreed to them using clever word's and bending the truth. However, Inessa was not about to start anything. While she would love to beat his face in, there were others here and she wanted to be respectful and mindful of the other patron's, so she swallowed her pride a little bit and decided to focus on her reading.

Of course if the Tin Idiot threw the first punch, then Inessa would have a BEEF with him.

((Im so not sorry))

RE: Another Round (Open) - SicketySix - 02-13-2015

*quickly snaps to attention upon hearing the word BEEF*

RE: Another Round (Open) - Gegenji - 02-13-2015

The Judge's hand in the matter was over and done with, despite Inessa's desire for a more physical resolution. He had engaged in a conversation, albeit one with someone obviously against following proper etiquette and structure, and it had ended concisely and clearly enough. There would be no punch thrown unless she herself initiated it. Which would probably be quite the disappointment to all the onlookers who were expecting a brawl to break out.

Well, except for Momodi and her staff, of course. A look of stern concern had crept onto her features as the conversation started to look more and more like it would end up with fists flying and damage to her fine establishment. It melted away, however, when the situation seemed to have defused itself somewhat. Neither side looked willing to throw the first punch, leaving just a tense air about the bar, and she was content enough to leave it at that. The menu reached Jredthys with slightly larger martini glass in silent thanks for not letting the discussion devolve into fisticuffs.

Now the Judge perused the menu, trying to decide what the proper choice would be from the provided selection. It was not quite the time for a proper full meal, so something light was in order. Perhaps along the lines of a soup or a small salad, or something else from the list appetizers. Maybe even something as simple as some bread to balance out the liquor and stave off any hintings of hunger until the proper time to eat.

Hm.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-13-2015

"I'm still figuring on a time and location as of late. Granted it seems that I announce these things a bit rushed; it actually does take some time on my end to figure them out." Chuckling softly with her words. This was nice; the little bit of placid conversation was a needed change compared to her usual miniature companion's booming torrents of self servicing praises. Brows knitting slightly, she shook her head at the thought and drew a few heavy lines on the paper; striking her notes and starting over with slightly different ones.

"Well personally I enjoyed the ale but as requested; I'll change the subject...." Trailing off, Cliodhna looked up at the dispute from the bar. Being part of the nationality in question herself; she had been half listening to their quickly heating argument but had felt no desire to comment. Things from her perspective would undoubtedly be considered skewed and that was something Cliodhna would rather not get into anyway.

However, the snapping of the wineglass and the placement of....the curious card was strange enough to make Cliodhna twist around in her chair and openly look, hands grabbing the top of the back to her now tilting chair as she leaned over to get a clearer view; her book left open on the table showing a half formed drawing of what looked like various parts with rather delicate inner workings. Some could be crafted by a blacksmith for sure but others would require the more detailed touch, a goldsmith perhaps? Scattered across the page were various notations on sizes, weight, strength requirements and even suggestions on which metals would be preferred over others. Reasons for this were not stated save for one small comment; "Needs Garlean steel for proper conducting"

As quickly as it flared up, it seemed to settle. Slightly disappointed, Cliodhna turned around back to her table companion. "Hmm....Thought things were about to get fun for a moment."

RE: Another Round (Open) - Star Lin - 02-16-2015

The female Seawolf push the door open into the Quicksand and brushing a bit of green/yellow hair out of her face.  Kestlona had spent most of the day mining, selling the copper and tin for a bit of extra gil in her pocket.  She stretch her arms up, working out the kink where the pickaxe is resting along her back, but those that might have been paying attention to her will see her eyes flicker across the room, taking in those that were fighters.

Kest notice a few others around the Quicksand but instead heads for the bar.  "Miss Momodi," she call out, reaching for the small sack at her side.  As she walk by the Highlander at the center table, eyes turn to the sack, and not paying attention to how close she was to the table.  Her hip hit the table, causing her to freeze in place, and hoping that she hadn't spill any drinks that might have been on it.

"'orry, orry," she said, to the hyuran in the worn tunic.  "Pa say I should 'ook where 'm goin'."

RE: Another Round (Open) - Gegenji - 02-25-2015

Judge placed his menu down as Momodi made another circuit around the bar to check on the various patrons seated there. More folks seemed to be flowing in, either to escape the heat of the day outside or to escape the stresses through copious amounts of alcohol.  If the influx continued at this rate, it wouldn't be long at all before all available seats were taken. It was truly the perfect time to be in such an establishment, to see it running as it properly should - as a respite from the day's ills. While Jredthys himself had suffered from no such ills as of yet, he was still here for the complete experience. And that meant partaking of the menu beyond its liquor list.

"MADAMME," he intoned. "I WOULD LIKE TO FORMALLY REQUEST ONE 'FINGER SANDWICH,' PLEASE. ON PROPERLY TOASTED WALNUT BREAD, EGG HARD-BOILED AND CUT NEATLY INTO HALF-ILM SLICES, WITH EXACTLY TWO LEAVES OF LETTUCE. PLEASE HAVE IT CUT, DIAGONALLY, INTO HALVES."

Jredthys ended his very specific order with a gentle sip of his martini, seemingly oblivious to the look the owner of the establishment was giving him. Or those of the other folks at the bar. Or most anyone who had overheard his nuanced request for a simple finger food. He had placed his order and now it was upon him to wait patiently for it to be prepared and brought to him, prepared as per his instruction. Momodi had provided him with an excellently crafted martini, so the Judge expected much of the sandwich.

He would hate to have to Card the owner of such a fine establishment, though perhaps that would be outside the scope his his abilities. He was not here to judge the inadequacies of the establishment, merely to partake of them as fully as a patron should. However, was it not the purpose of a dissatisfied customer to make his complaints known? He would need to ponder deeply on this.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Warren Castille - 02-25-2015

Warren looked up as the female Roe bumped into the table. Momodi's furniture was mostly heavier stuff to help deter brawls (and to stand up to the collateral damage in the event they did break out) but the highlander was slightly surprised to see the thing budge anyway, ever so slightly. He looked up with a smile and opened his hands, palms out to show there was no trouble.

"No harm, no foul. He likely mentioned it to help look out for us little folk." Warren smiled again at his comment, the joke obvious given his highlander heritage. Aya had fluttered away, ever the busy bee and social butterfly. He retrieved the glass he'd emptied with some nonchalance, pausing to glance at the band his wife had fashioned for him.

"Long day in the hot sun?" Warren let his gaze flicker to the inactive pick on her person, nodding to it casually. "Don't miss those days, but did me a lot of good."

RE: Another Round (Open) - Star Lin - 02-25-2015

Kestlona threw her head back, laughter pouring from her thoat at the Highlander's statement.  "Pa be right about 'hat," she said, grinning at the guy.  She was relieved to see that the mug was empty anyway.  Her own eyes flicker to the ring as well.  The grin became more warm at this turn of event.  She turn her own head slightly, catching site of her pick.  "Ah, it is."  She turn back to him, shrugging her shoulders.  "It bring in the gil...and the city doesn't have much use for a fisher."

"KESTLONA," Momodi called out.  Kest's attention snapped over to the female Lalafell.  She gave a quick salute and made her way over to the counter.

"Here ya go, Momodi," she said, placing the sack on the counter.  "Cover for the rest off the week."

"More then enough."

"Need anything run today?" Kest asked, but the Lalafell shakes her head.  "Then can I get two mugs of beer please?"  With both mugs in hand, she made her way back to the highlander.  She sat the beer down then motion to one of the others.  "Might ah join ya?"

RE: Another Round (Open) - Warren Castille - 02-26-2015

Warren watched the roe fetch her drinks and then return. Once she requested permission to sit he nodded at one of the empty chairs present.

"Sure, sure. Have a seat! Name's Warren. I figured it's only fair to introduce myself, since Momodi so gleefully introduced you to everyone present. Nice to meet you, Miss Kestlona."

The highlander couldn't tell if that was a first name or last name, so he erred on the side of informal formality. He also wasn't too concerned with Sei or Howl discovering him sharing drinks with another woman; Warren was pretty confident they knew his type. That didn't preclude him from meeting new folks, either, even if there was a certain expectation of random encounters in the Quicksand. That was neither here nor there, however.

"You mentioned you fish? Curious habit to pick up in a desert. Not from around here, then?"

RE: Another Round (Open) - Kishi - 02-26-2015

This became a typical event in his evening, after a long day of gathering information and going about his daily routine. He would head to the Sands, to have a drink and look over the information he had collected throughout his day. It all became a habit to Keiragi, even down to the clothing he wore. The short sleeve brown leather
jacket, with a red tunic underneath it. A black pair of of pants, and the brown leather boots.

He pushed the doors open to the Sands, making his way straight to the bar to order a drink. He didn’t bother giving a look around the room or  pay any mind to the patrons for the evening, figuring them to the same drunken fools he saw nearly on a daily basis. With his drink in hand now, he made his way over to an empty table, tossing the stack of papers he held onto the tabletop, as he took a seat. His gaze lingered on the stack for a moment, at the same time the glass lifted upwards allowing him to take long swig of its contents, before he got to work reading over the papers.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Telluride - 02-26-2015

The bard gave his lute another idle strum as the immediate response to the tinge of disappointment in his table-mate's tone, and quietly plucked out a few more of the notes of the ribald tune that the shattering glass had interrupted.

"The night's not over yet, my dear, and people are still coming in. I'm not sure whether or not you really want to see a skirmish go on up there, but if you're going to leap from your chair and go pounce upon one of the patrons, shouting some battle cry, do warn me so I can properly deny that we're together." He followed the sentence with a quick wink.

However, the open book caught his eye, and peering from under the brim of his hat, he took a quick scan of the pages, clucked his tongue, and lifted his chin to give the blonde a better view of him.

"It occurs to me that despite our more frequent conversations, I don't have much of a grasp as to what it is you do with your time when you aren't getting everyone plastered and turning heads. What's all that?" He said, finally nodding towards the book.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-27-2015

"Would be a nice change of pace and it's good exercise, in any case." Tinted lips pucker into a soft pout with her reply before curving into a grin. "I'm sure you've already been spotted in my company and any attempts to denial of your involvement will go unheard." Cliodna rested her chin in the palms of her upturned hands; elbows propped on the table as she spoke.

"Well...work doesn't really come into conversation when we've had our last few encounters, but as I've stated before," She paused, shifting her weight till she was sitting on one folded leg, the other rocking back and forth on the toe of her boot in a slightly jittery manner. "I make monsters."

Waiting a moment with a straight face, Cliodhna let her free hand skirt over the edge of the book and flip a few more pages; quick images of various devices and weaponry fluttered past view in quick succession. "Currently I'm working on outfitting some airships with proper weaponry to defend themselves in combat. So you can guess that would mean building and attaching all sorts of nasty cannons and things of that nature."

A wicked expression gracing her features at this point, her enjoyment from the thought obvious. "but I also tinker in my spare time and make things of my own devices or even reverse engineer things that....others...have made. Usually the latter is done by request of my job to get a better understanding and to see how it can be utilized, but I'd be lying if I didn't say there wasn't a personal interest in it as well...." Cliodhna swept her hair form her shoulders as she trailed off.

RE: Another Round (Open) - Star Lin - 02-27-2015

"Thank ya," Kest said, taking the chair across from him.  Once she was seated, she took a long draw off the first mug of beer.  "Ah, that help a right bit."  She lean back in the chair, eyes closed as she let the last bit of the hot work she had done ease off in the coolness of the room.  One eye fluttered at the sound of the Quicksand's door opening and conversation rolled over her ears, picking bits and pieces out of them, like Alex had taught her.  Nothing of interest, moving on.

She sat up a little straighter, "Nice ta meet ya, Warren."  Kestlona gave a grin.  "Me," she said, pointing at herself, "this seawolf be from Limsa."

(ooc: sorry, it was short.  Had a lot more to say but I'm suppose to leave for work in a few.)