Hydaelyn Role-Players
[split] Cynel1's questions about Sultansworn RP and RP in general - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: [split] Cynel1's questions about Sultansworn RP and RP in general (/showthread.php?tid=10172)

Pages: 1 2 3

[split] Cynel1's questions about Sultansworn RP and RP in general - Cynel1 - 01-20-2015

so for me im a Flame private third class. so would i be a good candidate for the Sworn?

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Erik Mynhier - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 10:34 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: so for me im a Flame private third class. so would i be a good candidate for the Sworn?

Anyone can find their way into service, but keep in mind that the Sworn are on the scale of the US Secret Service. So to just walk in would take some doing. It might be fun if you are interested to get with a few of us for some RP that could lead to you joining. Say we investigate some shady deals and have this Flame (you) help us. In the course of things you get the chance to show your best and it moves you to the Sworn. Makes things more interesting then just showing up and going "I'm a Sworn." I'm off game until Friday, so if you wanna get with me then we can do some stuffs.

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-21-2015

(01-20-2015, 11:48 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 10:34 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: so for me im a Flame private third class. so would i be a good candidate for the Sworn?

Anyone can find their way into service, but keep in mind that the Sworn are on the scale of the US Secret Service. So to just walk in would take some doing. It might be fun if you are interested to get with a few of us for some RP that could lead to you joining. Say we investigate some shady deals and have this Flame (you) help us. In the course of things you get the chance to show your best and it moves you to the Sworn. Makes things more interesting then just showing up and going "I'm a Sworn." I'm off game until Friday, so if you wanna get with me then we can do some stuffs.
okay that would work infact it would help by character getting a promotion from third Class to Second Class after the mission is done.

oh right im gettiing the Ul'dahn Soldier's Overcoat this week to show why my character  is still in the army.

well the idea i had was i would get evaluated by a sworn member.

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Coatleque - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 01:12 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: well the idea i had was i would get evaluated by a sworn member.

A perfectly valid assumption. Just because the Order is actively recruiting doesn't mean they would just take anyone off the streets of course. I would imagine previous martial training is a plus, and also some kind of psyche evaluation, stress test, and background check to make sure you're not going to backstab the Monarch you're supposed to protect.

All of that bureaucratic stuff is just hand-waved as an assumption for RP sake though.

(01-21-2015, 01:19 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 01:12 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: well the idea i had was i would get evaluated by a sworn member.

A perfectly valid assumption.  Just because the Order is actively recruiting doesn't mean they would just take anyone off the streets of course.  I would imagine previous martial training is a plus, and also some kind of psyche evalua
tion, stress
test, and background check to make sure you're not going to backstab the Monarch you're supposed to protect.

All of that bureaucratic stuff is just hand-waved as an assumption for RP sake though.
hmm in that case i think ill go with the idea that im a Flame Private getting involved in Sworn job.

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-22-2015

er okay then what kind of job i would geting involved with the swarm

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Coatleque - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 02:05 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: er okay then what kind of job i would geting involved with the swarm

It's not so much of a job you're getting into, but how you want your character to be associated in RP. If he is joining the Sultansworn and standing around wearing the armor, calling himself the elite of Ul'dah, then other people are going to expect him to act like a Knight would.

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 03:18 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 02:05 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: er okay then what kind of job i would geting involved with the swarm

It's not so much of a job you're getting into, but how you want your character to be associated in RP.  If he is joining the Sultansworn and standing around wearing the armor, calling himself the elite of Ul'dah, then other people are going to expect him to act like a Knight would.
 well i was in the flames first but i thought i would go through a mission RP to be noticed to join the swarm.

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-23-2015

(01-20-2015, 11:48 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

well i thought about it and yes this would work besides im level 27 im close to level 30 and Finishing my Gladiator quests.

Ps this is what i look like as a Solider
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9536159/blog/1981140/

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-23-2015

like i said im im for a RP mission if it gets me notcised by the swarm

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-24-2015

i know this is  isn't important but i posted my Profile its really bare bones i could use some help.
https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Cyneler_Fenrir

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Cynel1 - 01-26-2015

well i decided to bite the bullet and take the trial of becoming a free PLD and i promoted myself to private 2nd class but i want to still do that rp to make if offical

RE: The Sultansworn RP Guide - Coatleque - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 09:36 AM)Cynel1 Wrote: well i decided to bite the bullet and take the trial of becoming a free PLD and i promoted myself to private 2nd class but i want to still do that rp to make if offical

Crofte typically does not train free Paladins right from the start. She sees it as a waste of her time since they're just going to leave when she's done. We can meet in-game if you want to discuss things in-character.