Hydaelyn Role-Players
Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) (/showthread.php?tid=10197)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Mae - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 02:33 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:14 PM)Kage Wrote: Question about Gold Saucer MGP awards:

What kind of reward ratios?

Is there a minigame that you can simply grind without thought (so not playing strategic games such as Triple Triad)? Just racing and not winning. Or just hitting the power block?

Like in Chrono Trigger when you can just fight Gato for Silver Points all day erryday.

I'd like to think there's enough variance in all of them that you can find one you enjoy doing to get those delicious MGP... but I'm sure someone will do the math eventually and say which one gives the highest constant reward for the least amount of effort. Like, finding out how to cheese the strength machine or something.

That's kind of a depressing thought, actually. If the game can be boiled down to something you could macro and then you just "push buttan, get MGP" while you watch a movie or something. On the other hand, it'd be nice to know if you just want to get to that 1M for the Fenrir mount.
So far, the GATEs, chocobo racing, and challenging other players to Triple Triad seem to be the best. The minigame-minigames only get you a max of 5 MGP for best scores.

Challenging other players to Triple Triad (at least with what little I've encountered so far) doesn't have a MGP fee like challenging NPCs does, so even if you lose you come out ahead. You can only challenge someone so many times, though, before your winnings gets cut down drastically (180 MGP to the winner down to 25 to the winner)... currently testing to see how long that cap lasts.
[[EDIT: Can only get the 180 five times per day... bummer...]]

GATEs, the only one I've managed to finish to the end (mainly because I keep getting called away for work), I got over 400MGP for. They can be a -bit- tricky because how busy the zone is and lag issues. I think they pop about every... half-hour or so?

I'm horrible with keyboard controls, but I was doing okay with Chocobo Racing. I placed 4th or better in four of the five races I did a little while ago. I wasn't getting SUPER AWESOME earnings through that, but I was at least coming out ahead.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Kage - 02-25-2015

I enjoy chocoracing and it's been the easiest for me to grind.

But when other people have chocodash skills ; ;

So expensive those skills

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Gegenji - 02-25-2015

I was using a trick to fight the King with a basic loadout trying to get his Bahamut card. Something hiccuped with my internet and now apparently FFXIV has put me under login restriction. Sad

I can only hope I can get this fixed in the morning or tomorrow after work. I had just gotten Chachan into the Saucer for the most part and was trying to get that card before going to finish the rest of the starting quests around there. Didn't even get to grab the Chocobo quest so I could knock that out tomorrow too. Sad

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Izmina - 02-25-2015

Were there shoes to match the Ul'dan ladies clothes? if not what did everyone use?

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Seriphyn - 02-25-2015

There are no shoes to match the Oasis set, just a top/bottom for male and female. The NPCs seem to use the crakows set.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Ilwe'ran - 02-25-2015

[Image: ffxiv_26022015_004620_zpsx2ec4u8b.png~original]

I matched it with the Glade shoes Wink !
Though they work really well with some Hard Leather Caligae !

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-25-2015

Is it safe to invade Ul'dah yet?

[Image: k92UlB9.jpg]

Or what about Limsa?

[Image: VIOoN3C.jpg]

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Seriphyn - 02-26-2015

I'm walking around and all these people are wearing the Oasis Tunic not because they're Ul'dahn but because it's FOTM! Like how DoW characters would wear Noct Lorica, then ST gear, then Ironworks or WoD gear as they were released. Likely they'll move onto something else as soon as it stops being new and shiny.

Me, however, will continue to wear it forever! Like my Flame Elite cuirass.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Coatleque - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 05:59 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: I'm walking around and all these people are wearing the Oasis Tunic not because they're Ul'dahn but because it's FOTM! Like how DoW characters would wear Noct Lorica, then ST gear, then Ironworks or WoD gear as they were released. Likely they'll move onto something else as soon as it stops being new and shiny.

... Kay

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Edda - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:04 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 05:59 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: I'm walking around and all these people are wearing the Oasis Tunic not because they're Ul'dahn but because it's FOTM! Like how DoW characters would wear Noct Lorica, then ST gear, then Ironworks or WoD gear as they were released. Likely they'll move onto something else as soon as it stops being new and shiny.

... Kay
Such ELOQUENCE Crofters. I dunno about you but I like the tunic so much I'm rewriting Edda's backstory to be from Ul'dah. For like, a few months. It's gonna be totes awesome.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Seriphyn - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:04 PM)Coatleque Wrote:

... Kay

Posting purely to get your post count up, ey Coat? Tongue

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Coatleque - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:33 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Posting purely to get your post count up, ey Coat? Tongue

When I reach 1500, I get a free ice-cream. Ask Freelance!

/end derailment

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Gegenji - 02-27-2015

(02-26-2015, 06:39 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 06:33 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Posting purely to get your post count up, ey Coat? Tongue

When I reach 1500, I get a free ice-cream.  Ask Freelance!

/end derailment

Surprise

*postpostpost*

I actually went through and tried on all the cultural clothing on Chachan and... well, none of them seemed to fit him really well. I have already put together some decent "casualwear" for him, so most of it doesn't interest me. Maybe I might get those baggy pants (Gridanian?) or the Limsan top if I want a more "refined" casual look... but the little guy looks well enough in his crafting top or Flames "leather jacket."

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Warren Castille - 02-27-2015

Look, people, we all know fashion never leaves the place it is born. You're not allowed to wear Ul'dahn clothing if you're not from Ul'dah just like in real life no one's allowed to wear anything from outside of their country.

You're all just a bunch of imposters, and us REAL nationalists are somehow better than you.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Gharen - 02-27-2015

But, but, we're not all special snowflakes!? Cry