Hydaelyn Role-Players
Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) (/showthread.php?tid=10197)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Warren Castille - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 08:58 AM)Gharen Wrote: But, but, we're not all special snowflakes!? Cry

In Thanalan? No, there are no snowflakes. Anyone thinking otherwise is mistaken.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Berrod Armstrong - 02-27-2015

Berrod will seldom have any reason to wear anything other than musky black leather harnesses or his ceremonial cyclas. 

I'll probably get the stuff for collecting's sake, but my minimal interest in the gold saucer means I'll be using the cactpot for that. 

(I mean, I took the tour and explored and it's all really cool but I'd honestly rather spend my game time doing other things. Not a fan of mini games!)

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Edda - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 08:58 AM)Gharen Wrote: But, but, we're not all special snowflakes!? Cry
Fool! Everyone knows there is snow in Thanalan! How preposterous... what's next, a Gridanian White Mage alt that has a penchant for wearing Riviera dresses? Ban this sick filth.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Kismet - 03-01-2015

I'm personally pissed that the Riviera dress is a one-piece outfit and that females did not get a separate top and bottom like the males. What is even the excuse for that...?

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Kage - 03-02-2015

I don't know about you but... not everything is always going to be very customizable. There are many times when I was younger that I did not wear a dress because it was one-piece.

Maybe the dress is just meant to be one piece.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Berrod Armstrong - 03-02-2015

(03-01-2015, 05:25 PM)Kismet Wrote: I'm personally pissed that the Riviera dress is a one-piece outfit and that females did not get a separate top and bottom like the males. What is even the excuse for that...?
There's no excuse. 

That's just what it is, take it or leave it! If the Lominsan ladies like their one pieces, who are we to argue?

Edited! I dunno why I put that there, I had Gridanians on the brain.

filthy tree fellators

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Inessa Hara - 03-02-2015

(03-02-2015, 09:33 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(03-01-2015, 05:25 PM)Kismet Wrote: I'm personally pissed that the Riviera dress is a one-piece outfit and that females did not get a separate top and bottom like the males. What is even the excuse for that...?
There's no excuse. 

That's just what it is, take it or leave it! If the Gridanian ladies like their one pieces, who are we to argue?
Isnt Riviera supposed to be Limsan instead of Shroud?

EDIT: Also, Oasis top is some pretty great stuff. Ive enjoyed mixing and matching to make an outfit for it.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Kage - 03-02-2015

Berrod is a Thanalan man through and through! It's ok if he doesn't know where different fashions come from!

I've always associated one piece dresses as really stuffy, stifling pieces of dress. As soon as I was able to use skirts for dress uniform I used them. Then I found out I could wear gray pants and I bought that shit with my own money cause my mom said "no you need to wear a skirt/dress sometimes".

:V Maybe Lominsan women are just really stuffy!!??

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Gegenji - 03-02-2015

I just feel bad that I have so little interest in the clothing despite everyone's clamoring for it. I mean, I picked up the baggy Limsan pants but... that's about it. I suppose Chachan isn't supposed to wear anything beyond crafter gear and his armor. Laugh

... I totally want to have him be able to wear the bunny ears, though. The idea of my little dork running around the Quicksand as a NIN (for the dork-run) with green bunny ears amuses me to no end.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Berrod Armstrong - 03-02-2015

Edited post to fix the slip! Also, I got the Riviera pants as well, they look SO GOOD with monk things, ARGH. I'm saving for the ponytail for cactpottery, and I'll probably get the Oasis pants next. Yay for loose fitting pants!

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Steel Wolf - 03-02-2015

I am highly disappointed in the Lominsan dress. Steel would look like a weird mixture of a bar wench and Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music.

I'm still shopping around for some outfit that would not look completely stupid on her. I swear, dressing this woman in casual-ass clothes has brought me more challenges and frustration than any raid in this game. ><

Pff...maybe I'll Fantasia into a kitty... :/

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Gegenji - 03-02-2015

Chachan's casual-wear ended up being a mix of All Class crafting/gathering/etc gear and other bits and pieces. Blush

Heck, his most recent one is an almost "Eorzean biker" look using the BSM bandanna, gloves, pants, and boots... and the Flames gathering "leather jacket." His other is the new Limsan baggypants and, like, the level 15 crafting top along with the Christmas boots and the black crafting gloves.

My best recommendation is just to put aside some time to stand in front of the Market Board and try on EVERYTHING to see how you think it looks. I also have a problem of always examining and trying on things that I see on other people that look interesting. Laugh

At least the cultural clothing is easy to get, by comparison, I guess. Just play some cards or race birds for a bit (or get lucky with the mini-Cactpot). Nothing worse than seeing a piece of clothing or something you like and it's from an event you missed (yukatas! Sad ), horrendously expensive (I only just got my Dream Cone for pajamas), or something from the Extreme Trials or Coil.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Bryn - 03-02-2015

It's a shame the Gridanian items are so drab. We didn't even get a pair of tie-dye hemp trousers or a peace symbol pendant.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - ProvaDiServo - 03-02-2015

I passed on it, The stuff that fits my character to wear boiled down to the male only things and the Gamblers jacket.

RE: Omfg we finally get the Ul'dahn/Lominsan cultural clothing?! (also Gridanian) - Aduu Avagnar - 03-02-2015

Luckily the Ul'dahn NPC gear is pretty much worn pretty exclusively in game by either seemingly wealthy nobles or merchants, so it suits Nako's character very well, and it looks damn good on him.

(that isn't to say that other people wouldn't wear it, but the people we've come across in it have all been fairly well off, so maybe it's a cultural statement?)