Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature (/showthread.php?tid=10239)

Pages: 1 2

A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - GrimUlfr - 02-22-2015

* A NOTE TO THE ADMINISTRATION: If this ad is out of line, please know that I do not mean to offend. Please guide me, rather than reprimand me, for I crafted this ad carefully after attempting to look for rules & guidelines and could not find anything sufficient as to not warrant this ad. 

Introduction:

Hello!

Firstly, let me start this thread by saying this isn't an ad for pointless ERP. I am seeking a single female companion to develop a long-term, monogamous, story with. 

What I am not seeking is OOC love, and can assure you that I will not stalk you, for I do not wish a stalker upon myself. 

What--or rather, who I am looking for, is someone special for my character. 

I am the leader of a new, growing Free Company, and would also like your character to be apart of this as well, as my character's story is quite entangled with the fate of his new organization and all the people within. So unless you're a new character without a Free Company, or you're willing to leave the one you're in now, please don't bother sending me a PM.

I can assure you that I will not stalk you, as I am happily married, but I don't mind OOC flirting, or being friends. I am quite the friendly person, and am rather open, almost to a fault. My Free Company does use Teamspeak, so someone who is able to jump on and interact with the group will most certainly win my heart, but of course it is not a requirement. All I can say is that we have a mix of men and women, and you will not be harassed or made to feel inferior, for if anyone does, it means instant banishment.

My schedule is rather open these days, I can adjust as necessary to match your own time zone.

Who Am I Looking For?

I am looking for someone to play the role of my character's female companion. Someone who is literate, and can write long, descriptive posts. 

My potential companion should be willing to actively enjoy and play the game, and not simply jump on an alt for an hour before swapping out. As mentioned above, I would like my future companion to be an active part of my Free Company, possibly even acting as my right hand, to aid me in the creation of RP events and the like, so my partner must be willing to partake in at least the bare minimum of PVE content. I'm not saying my partner should become a raider, or anything like that, but at least be willing to aid other members and myself in questing, dungeons, and helping towards our Free Company's goal of obtaining a house.

With all that is mentioned, it is easily implied that I want my potential companion to be able to play quite a bit, but I do understand the restraints of those who have busy schedules, and so I must say that if you cannot commit to at least 4 hours a week to the game, do not bother replying to this ad.

* For those of you who may be interested in FFXIV: ARR, but do not have a copy. I do have a spare CD key that someone gifted me a very long time ago, and after a trial period between the two of us, either in Skype RP or playing during the in-game free trial together, I would not mind handing this over to you.

My Character:

My character is a Hyur Highlander, a large, brute of a human essentially. A former soldier of Ala Mhigo, who has since turned to a life of crime after the destruction of his home nation at the hands of the Garlean Empire. 

He is an aggressive, intimidating juggernaut, who has recently become the leader of a criminal syndicate. He once had a heart for honor, for justice, but the time he spent as a refugee has long sapped him of such qualities and has instilled in him a darkness that craves power, fear, and respect.

When the expansion releases, I intend for him to become a Dark Knight, for right now he is delving into darker magics, attempting to learn and study its qualities so that when the time comes, he can emerge with shadow in one hand, a great sword in the other.

RP Ideas:

The Instrument of His Will: Perhaps your character had been raised by him as a child, maybe even an orphan created by him, taught to wield a blade, spear, or maybe even taught the arcane arts, so that one day she could serve him as an adult. An already loyal, and steadfast weapon for him to take at any time, or to dispatch against his foes.

His Source of Power: A demon, a succubus, bound to his will during his elementary practice over the darker arts. Perhaps she becomes enslaved, or bound to him in some way, forced to take on the appearance of a regular denizen of Eorzea. Maybe she even becomes the dark fount from which he will later come to draw upon, to fuel the darker energies required of him in becoming a dark knight. If not a demon, maybe she is a well-versed Black Mage, powerful enough for him to draw upon. -- I will admit, my knowledge of lore is not all there, so if there are any corrections or suggestions people have, please do not hesitate to correct me, I am always wanting to learn more of the lore. 

These are only suggestions and ideas, I'm always of course, open to more. In fact, I 'd prefer to collaborate, to build something together. So, if you have an idea, please do not be afraid to share.

I am intentionally leaving out parts of this ad that are more mature in nature, as to not offend anyone, but if you have any questions or would simply like to know more, please do not hesitate to PM me. 

The End:

Thank you for taking the time out to read this ad. Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM. If I have a crossed a line, please do let me know, and I will make the necessary corrections. 

RE: Male Highlander Crime Boss seeks female companion! - Seye Qhesu - 02-22-2015

Sounds interesting so I hope you find one! If not he could probably try and swoon one at the Quicksand.

RE: Male Highlander Crime Boss seeks female companion! - Nauta Lyehga - 02-22-2015

I'm not sure she'd be a very good right hand lady, but my lovely elezen Aure Desoteaux is a independent information broker. If not a right hand lady or companion, she could certainly be a resource for him!

RE: Male Highlander Crime Boss seeks female companion! - GrimUlfr - 02-24-2015

Thank you for all your kind words! Looking forward to meeting you Aure, but I'm also looking to meet some more people, if anyone is interested!

RE: Male Highlander Crime Boss seeks female companion! - Madda - 02-24-2015

If you're still looking for somebody, Madda would enjoy helping out :3

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - GrimUlfr - 02-28-2015

I have completely overhauled the ad, and am attempting to put this into play.

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Faye - 02-28-2015

Sounds fun! I have a sinister succubus lady who would be perfect, but alas she is quite taken by her own Master. Good luck finding something!

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Val - 02-28-2015

The "source of his power" thing is something that I'm already doing with a partner of my own, and we're having a ton of fun with it. I hope you manage to find one Smile Good luck out there!

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - GrimUlfr - 03-01-2015

Thank you for all your encouragement, but alas, the search continues. =3

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Drifter - 03-01-2015

I have an alt that I'm planning on turning into an Au Ra as soon as possible, but otherwise have no idea what I'm going to do with her RP wise...

So chalk me up under 'curious' and feel free to hit me up here or ingame (currently 90% of the time i'll be on my main, Nyxh Jakkya)

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Saiyuki Kobuki - 03-02-2015

This sounds like a good time, Grim! Smile

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Jancis - 03-02-2015

(02-22-2015, 01:13 AM)GrimUlfr Wrote: My Character:

My character is a Hyur Highlander, a large, brute of a human essentially. A former soldier of Ala Mhigo, who has since turned to a life of crime after the destruction of his home nation at the hands of the Garlean Empire. 

He is an aggressive, intimidating juggernaut, who has recently become the leader of a criminal syndicate. He once had a heart for honor, for justice, but the time he spent as a refugee has long sapped him of such qualities and has instilled in him a darkness that craves power, fear, and respect.

The Instrument of His Will: Perhaps your character had been raised by him as a child, maybe even an orphan created by him, taught to wield a blade, spear, or maybe even taught the arcane arts, so that one day she could serve him as an adult. An already loyal, and steadfast weapon for him to take at any time, or to dispatch against his foes.

Mostly just want to give a bump for one of the more interesting posts I've seen.

Going to bluntly state I'm going to be super envious of this person because this man's description is nearly exactly what I was going for as the person from Jancis' background who 'raised' her and what she ended up breaking free of or proved to be not good enough to become in the man's eyes.

I will point people I know towards this post and see if it clicks with anyone; alas I already have commitments and cannot fulfill all of the qualifications.

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - GrimUlfr - 03-03-2015

Awww! Thank you for the praises! But still on the search...-Brings binoculars up to his eyes again.-

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - Liandri - 03-03-2015

I absolutely love the sound of "His Source of Power", but, my character currently has two lovers - and I sincerely doubt she'd give either of them up to pursue a monogamous relationship at this point in time.

Please please please give me a poke in the future for roleplay, I do love myself some well-thought out and descriptive posts, and will return the gesture in kind.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing what happens with this!

RE: A Dark & Twisted Romance - Mature - MikhaSunthistle - 03-04-2015

Such a fun idea!  Good luck finding someone. Smile