Hydaelyn Role-Players
Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Godbert Manderville a good guy. (/showthread.php?tid=10303)

Pages: 1 2

Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Aduu Avagnar - 02-24-2015

I forgot to take a screenshot of it, but I think that the question about whether or not Godbert Manderville was a good guy was answered at the end of the tour.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Dogberry - 02-24-2015

Godbert Manderville! BEST DAMN SALESMAN IN THE OFFICE! Did you know Godbert Manderville is the godfather of Dogberry's son?! He showed up to the church in his golf pants, caked in mud, and pushes the priest aside and says "I'LL BAPTISE THAT PIECE OF CALAMARI!" and soaks Dogberry's baby in whiskey and says "THERE YOU'RE BAPTISED!"

And his son is blind to this day!

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Kage - 02-24-2015

Two questions:

First, Dog are you drunk?

Second, are you sure it was Godbert and not Hildibrand?

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Dogberry - 02-24-2015

Nobody's drunk when compared to Godbert Manderville! He's a big guy, stands about 6 fulms 7 ilms, weighs about 380 ponzes. Did you know if you run a phonograph needle across his beautifully chiseled and oily physique it plays The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds?!

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Brio - 02-25-2015

(02-24-2015, 10:17 AM)Dogberry Wrote: Nobody's drunk when compared to Godbert Manderville! He's a big guy, stands about 6 fulms 7 ilms, weighs about 380 ponzes. Did you know if you run a phonograph needle across his beautifully chiseled and oily physique it plays The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds?!

I laughed way to hard at this.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Gegenji - 02-25-2015

I'm now eagerly awaiting the eventual parody video on YouTube with Godbert as the "Dos Kwehkies" guy.

The Most Interesting Man in Eorzea~...

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Aduu Avagnar - 02-25-2015

Nooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooones Drunk as Godbert,
No one's Tough as Godbert
No one's as incredibly hung as Godbert....

I mean..... ¬_¬

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Dogberry - 02-25-2015

Did I ever tell you about the time Godbert Manderville went hunting? He decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits! He stalks and kills every one of them with a machete. They all begged for their lives, except Fleagle!

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Kellach Woods - 02-25-2015

Essentially, the dude who models off the Setzer gear mentions that Godbert made the saucer to provide a little peace of mind and entertainment to the rich, and jobs to the refugees and downtrodden of Ul'dah - it's his way of helping out.

Obviously he can't employ everyone, and he's not above petty employee placement (as can be attested by a certain Elezen next to the GOLDEN GLEAMING GODBERT MANDERVILLE statue), but his heart is in the right place as other quests have shown. Whee.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Desu Nee - 02-25-2015

I feel there was a reference here and it missed me by countless atmospheres.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Haecid - 02-26-2015

I remember one time Godbert took his family to the beach. They were watching Leviathan the Whorleater when Godbert got splashed. So Godbert yells, "I'm Godbert Manderville and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the water, grabs Leviathan, and throws the fish onto the beach, splashes him and yells, "How do YOU like it?!" And then damn if Godbert didn't step in there and finish the show.

Did I ever tell you about the time Godbert Manderville showed up at my daughter's Ceremony of Eternal Bonding? You know my daughter, she's a beautiful girl. Well, Godbert shows up and you know, he's a big fella, he goes about 7'10", 590. Well, he's standing right between me and my daughter at the ceremony. He's got no right to be there, but he's drunk and he's Godbert. Well, long story short, the priest accidentally marries me and Godbert. We spend the weekend in Costa del Sol - he loved me like I've never been loved before.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Dogberry - 02-26-2015

I actively worship Dalamud!

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Steel Wolf - 02-26-2015

(02-25-2015, 10:04 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm now eagerly awaiting the eventual parody video on YouTube with Godbert as the "Dos Kwehkies" guy.

His smallclothes stay on him as a public service to other husbands.
He once used Zansetsuken to slice some bread.
Chocobos calm instantly at the thought of his presence.

He is...the most interesting man in Eorzea.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - SessionZero - 02-26-2015

Godbert once impregnated a woman by licking peanut butter off a knife suggestively. He Mandervilled so hard about it, it crystallized the fetus and long story short, Godbert named the kid Hydaelyn. 

11/10 would birth mothercrystal again.

RE: Godbert Manderville a good guy. - Ermine - 02-26-2015

(there's a Saturday Night Live recurring sketch with a bunch of drunk businessfolk talking about a legendary hero among men, Bill Brasky, which usually consists of strange, out of context admissions by the business men talking about him - like the "I ACTIVELY WORSHIP DALAMUD" thing above! video of an example here: https://screen.yahoo.com/tales-bill-brasky-airport-bar-000000422.html )

TO GODBERT MANDERVILLE