Hydaelyn Role-Players
[CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer (/showthread.php?tid=10341)

[CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Shatteringblue - 02-26-2015

Quote:Moderator Note:
Deemed safe but as with anything, please use with your own risk!

Hey guys, I made a quick website script to give you the best results when playing Cactpot.

Here's the link: http://cactacalc.com

Please test it out and give me some feedback Smile

Thanks!

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Gone. - 02-27-2015

Just tried, got 306 MGP. Thanks a bunch!

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Kilid/Torhe - 02-27-2015

It got it spot-on first try.  Good job! :3

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Gharen - 02-27-2015

Maybe it's just the I.T. guy in me, but when a new user pops on with 1 post and says "Hey run this script to win stuff!" it makes me leery.

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Spethah - 02-27-2015

There's an online version available right now if anyone is concerned.

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Kage - 02-27-2015

Yeah there's a few versions of this. One is on reddit that is (probably vetted By users)

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - K'nahli - 02-27-2015

I admit that these things make me wary too but I'm not very knowledgeable in this area so I won't remove the link - yet at least.

So please be mindful to use such things at your own risk.

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Gegenji - 02-27-2015

I just... try to scratch smart. If the revealed number is a low one, I use my three scratches to try and reveal any possible adjacent numbers that'll get me the best reward using it. If it's a high number (like my last one), I start checking the lines that DON'T have it to try to find a low number.

I got a 9 as my revealed number yesterday, hunted around until I found a 2. My other reveals made all options but one seem like bad ideas. Took the chance on the mystery last line... 1-3-2. Got 10k. Immediately spent it all on Gold Card boosters and got a Warrior of Light card. Blush

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Warren Castille - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 09:57 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I just... try to scratch smart. If the revealed number is a low one, I use my three scratches to try and reveal any possible adjacent numbers that'll get me the best reward using it. If it's a high number (like my last one), I start checking the lines that DON'T have it to try to find a low number.

I got a 9 as my revealed number yesterday, hunted around until I found a 2. My other reveals made all options but one seem like bad ideas. Took the chance on the mystery last line... 1-3-2. Got 10k. Immediately spent it all on Gold Card boosters and got a Warrior of Light card. Blush

Conversely, I had 3-2 revealed in a line and took a chance on it, gaining 108 GP for my gamble.

Sad

Then Sei came in for the first time and hit 10k on her card. And Mai did, too.

Sad Sad Sad

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - FreelanceWizard - 02-27-2015

So, I've looked this over, and it's basically just a simple client-side JavaScript application to do the math for the Cactpot. The version I looked at this morning is perfectly safe. Smile As usual, use your own judgment regarding anything off-site, and don't take this as an endorsement of any site by the RPC.

I'm sure there's quite a few of these running around on various web sites. It'd be interesting to see if they come to the same results.

EDIT: Oh, if anyone wants to throw one of these together and have it hosted on the RPC, feel free to drop me a PM and we can talk about it. I'd prefer client-side JS, but I could live with it being PHP.

#magicAdminHat

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Aduu Avagnar - 02-27-2015

the only time I've had the ability to get a chance at the top prize its always been a dud last number

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - K'nahli - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 10:51 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: So, I've looked this over, and it's basically just a simple client-side JavaScript application to do the math for the Cactpot. The version I looked at this morning is perfectly safe. Smile As usual, use your own judgment regarding anything off-site, and don't take this as an endorsement of any site by the RPC.

I'm sure there's quite a few of these running around on various web sites. It'd be interesting to see if they come to the same results.

EDIT: Oh, if anyone wants to throw one of these together and have it hosted on the RPC, feel free to drop me a PM and we can talk about it. I'd prefer client-side JS, but I could live with it being PHP.

#magicAdminHat

Thank you ^^  *edits OP note*

RE: [CactaCalc] Cactpot Solver and Optimizer - Seye Qhesu - 02-27-2015

Got me a payout of 32MPG when I saw I could have went with 360 instead. :<