Hydaelyn Role-Players
How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name (/showthread.php?tid=10356)

Pages: 1 2

How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - ChewableMorphine - 02-27-2015

I crave those salty sweet sea salt stars dang nabbit, how does that work, and how do I obtain more dank namestars.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Volk - 02-27-2015

Why, RNG of course.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Warren Castille - 02-27-2015

You have to have 100 cards in your deck, it lets you make everything 5 star.

Show Content

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Melkire - 02-27-2015

Six Star Master Race. 100% positive that six stars and up are reserved for staff.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - FreelanceWizard - 02-27-2015

Do you mean the stars by your name here on the RPC? Those are based on post count and other characteristics:
  • 1 star: 0 posts
  • 2 stars: 1-49 posts
  • 3 stars: 50-249 posts
  • 4 stars: 250-749 posts
  • 5 stars: 750 or more posts
  • (Not in use yet) 6 stars (and red name): Benefactor
  • 7 stars (and blue name): Moderator
  • 8 stars (and purple italicized name): Administrator
There's no way currently to get more than 5 stars by your name. 6 stars will be something you can donate a certain amount to the site to get in the future, should we decide to start taking donations through some mechanism.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Kage - 02-27-2015

MEMBER LIST

SORT BY POST COUNT
DESCENDING ORDER

See which posters have how many posts and how many stars.

5 stars ~~ 752 (Edit: Correction 750)

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Warren Castille - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 04:21 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Do you mean the stars by your name here on the RPC? Those are based on post count and other characteristics:
  • 1 star: 0 posts
  • 2 stars: 1-49 posts
  • 3 stars: 50-249 posts
  • 4 stars: 250-749 posts
  • 5 stars: 750 or more posts
  • (Not in use yet) 6 stars (and red name): Benefactor
  • 7 stars (and blue name): Moderator
  • 8 stars (and purple name): Administrator

MY NAME CAN BE RED? HOW WHY IS THIS NOT WHAT ARE YOU C'MOOON MAN

(02-27-2015, 04:21 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: [*](Not in use yet) 6 stars (and red name): Benefactor

There's no way currently to get more than 5 stars by your name. 6 stars will be something you can donate a certain amount to the site to get in the future, should we decide to start taking donations through some mechanism.
Oh please start on my behalf.

I've been stuck at 5 stars for so long. >.>

<.<

/looks at post count and cringes

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - ChewableMorphine - 02-27-2015

I want 24 stars. No more no less. I must achieve this goal.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Dogberry - 02-27-2015

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - FreelanceWizard - 02-27-2015

I suppose while we're on the topic of getting that sweet 6th star and new name color, I can tease a few more things. Assuming we start accepting donations, the exact rewards you get will depend on how much you donate each month. Some of these will also be dependent on the aggregate donation value each month. If, for example, we were to break a particular monthly funding goal that lets me spin up an RPC voice chat server (in addition to a text chat server), a certain donation level would give you the right to have your own private room for your FC, LS, ERP, or whatever. Smile

With that in mind, the 6th star and red name would be a fairly low reward tier that remains on your account as long as you donate a certain amount each month.

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Chris Ganale - 02-27-2015

I think just a chatbox would be nice. -Reengages lurk shields-

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - ChewableMorphine - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 04:33 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: I suppose while we're on the topic of getting that sweet 6th star and new name color, I can tease a few more things. Assuming we start accepting donations, the exact rewards you get will depend on how much you donate each month. Some of these will also be dependent on the aggregate donation value each month. If, for example, we were to break a particular monthly funding goal that lets me spin up an RPC voice chat server (in addition to a text chat server), a certain donation level would give you the right to have your own private room for your FC, LS, ERP, or whatever. Smile

With that in mind, the 6th star and red name would be a fairly low reward tier that remains on your account as long as you donate a certain amount each month.

[throws money at]

[makes it rain]

RE: How do I horde wicked awesome stars over my name - Gegenji - 02-27-2015

I just hope this doesn't lead to folks spamming posts just to get their star count up, Flynt. Wink

Though, it does seem most FCs already have their own voice serves on the Mumbles or the Vents and what-have-you. So I'm uncertain how much sway having that as a reward would be, unless I've just been in the few that already have them and it's not actually the norm.

... Seconding the text chat, though. Live-interactions with RPC folks at work for more RPs and even more shirking of actual work? Yesplz. Laugh

At some point I'm ready to just make an irc channel but it's finding out what server would be best XD

And moderation is funny without some support..