Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. (/showthread.php?tid=10364)

Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Miqotegrl - 02-27-2015

Hello. I am pretty new to the community and the roleplay here. I am a very shy/self conscious gal. I know it sounds silly but I freeze up when I try to approach someone. I am looking for some people or person to help me come out of this shell. The type of rp I am interested in is medium/heavy. I am into dark rp but not to much. Romance rp. *blush* But all in all I am just looking for some help. I hope I am wording this right. :3 *is nervous*

L'seoria Runja

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Gharen - 02-27-2015

First of all, welcome to the RPC. You've come to the right place, the RPC is full of folks who are shy and self conscious. But I don't think you'll find a friendlier, more welcoming, (if a little neurotic at times) community for Final Fantasy.

Feel free to say hello in game if you see me around. =)

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Kurt S. - 02-27-2015

Not to be scary but....

I will find you...and I will say hi...and we will have a pleasant round of conversation in which we'll both walk away feeling better about it. Or you know i could toss one of my characters your way and see what happens >.>

OH WELCOME TO THE SITE!

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Lyriell - 02-27-2015

Welcome ^^ no need to be nervous. We don't bite. Well most of the time we don't! x3

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-27-2015

oh-kay tried to reply and my phone ate my post but i'm home now Big Grin

first off; hihi and welcome! it's great that you're wanting to try your hand and rp and asking for people for advice being new and shy is a great way to do so. (as you've already seen, i'm sure x3) you're also on balmung which is great! (nothing against greg....but i'm on bamung so you kno.. ;p )

at any point feel free to hit me up for either some chitchat or walkup rp. usually i post clio in the quicksand in uldah at night and just kinda idle there so anyone interested is more than welcome to come chat me up ic. or if you'd like; i'm usually open and up for tells/chat/linkshell chatter as well. if you haven't yet already; you should brows the linkshell forum and see if there's any that catch your interest.

most players that are open for rp will have something along the lines of "walk up welcome" in their search info as well so feel free to shoot them a quick tell to ask if they'd like to rp with you if they don't seem to be busy.

also there are some great guides and general lore debate threads in the rp discussion forum, i'd shoo you that way for a quick peek as well if you haven't already. i've found a lot of good information from them just lurking around and reading what others have posted. but if you're ever in rp and have a question about something, always feel free to send your rp partner a quick tell asking. more than likely; they'll be happy to answer and help you out. :3

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Ligardian Dreamer - 02-27-2015

Yay! You posted!

I don't blame you for the anxiety and especially the self-conscious bit... Believe me, I can relate!

Hey, if you're interested, hit me up anytime to chat or if you wanna work out an RP together, kay? =3 And don't worry, even if you feel nervous to ask, don't be! Even if you got nothing in mind, let's work something out together. Hope to hear from you soon! ^^

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Khoure - 02-27-2015

I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm still concentrating more on lvling than rp, and I'm more into light-medium than medium-heavy, but it's always nice to have more friends and potential connections.

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Gone. - 02-28-2015

Dark is fine, romance even more so. Also terribly shy with even worse social anxiety and thus fully understands how hard it is.

Feel free to send Vetiver a /tell any day. :3

RE: Shy and new Rp'er looking to come out of her shell. - Tynos Riller - 02-28-2015

I yammer at you at the skype chat and in the tavern you know you can send a tell to ty whenever ^^