Hydaelyn Role-Players
Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? (/showthread.php?tid=10496)

Pages: 1 2 3

Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - SicketySix - 03-09-2015

So just got to level 50, did the Maelstrom quests and have unlocked Hunts. I've collected the bounties from the board and have completed them.

And.......is that all there is to it?? If so, why are there these "Hunts All Day" parties that are being formed in Pf? I mean it takes me all of an hour tops to complete my bounties.

The other thing I thought of, was maybe you unlock more Allied Seals by just hunting down the named monsters in the wild, so I joined one of those hunt groups and killed 2 different mobs and didn't receive anything.

So what am I missing here?

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Kage - 03-09-2015

There are A ranks that will award people who get full "attendance" with 40 Allied Seals while S ranks give 100 seals.

A ranks are on 1 hr timers to force a spawn.

S ranks are on a 24hr? timer to force a spawn, though must be triggered by spawn condition (moon phase, completing all zone's fates in 1 hr, etc)?

These require parties to kill properly. It also requires you to be in the zone and actively on the mob (lots of damage, tank agro or healer agro).

Healers will spam their high healer agro stuff on tanks as well as needing to drop an aero or two on the mob (WHm especially useful. Divine Seal+ Medica II, Cure 3 bombs.)

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Enteris - 03-09-2015

Those parties are generally going after the A and S ranks. Rare hunts that spawn in each zone and give rewards to those that kill them without having to be a mark from the grand companies.

Edit: Kage beat me to it.

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Gegenji - 03-09-2015

The Hunt Parties are usually running around trying to find/spawn A and S rank Hunts, which give the most seals. A lot of the items you can buy, as you might have noticed, cost a hefty amount of seals, so the folks are effectively grinding for them as one might grind dungeons for tomes.

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - SicketySix - 03-09-2015

So can the same monster have different ranks? For instance, could Sewer Syrup be an S rank at some point, and then A rank the next day?

And how many ranks are there?

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-09-2015

these are for a and s rank monsters that spawn "randomly" in a given area once specific requirements are met (some take a specific type of weather, others you have to make sure a single fate in a zone does not fail for an hour, ect ect) people form up for parties to hunt them all day in order to get more hunt seals and tomes since there's no restriction on how many you can get versus the amount allowed for the weekly or daily hut marks you get off the hunt board.

as for the group you joined...i'm not sure why you didn't get anything if you were there when they pulled it monster and got a few attacks in....unless it was pulled beforehand and you took down something else? that could be my only guess... .----. do you remember anything specific about the mobs you helped them kill? like the names or what they looked like?

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Warren Castille - 03-09-2015

There's more to Hunts than just the daily/weekly bits.

There's a lot more to it.

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - Gegenji - 03-09-2015

No, each X-rank monster is unique. They're all named monsters, so Sewer Syrup will always be whatever rank he is when he spawns.

As for how many different ranks there are... I think it's just B, A, and S? I know the lowest rank gives basically nothing and they respawn all the time. They're mainly there for achievement fodder, I think?

(03-09-2015, 09:40 AM)Manasas Reed Wrote: So can the same monster have different ranks? For instance, could Sewer Syrup be an S rank at some point, and then A rank the next day?

And how many ranks are there?
No, specific monsters are their specific ranks.

You have 1 type for every zone. So every zone will have 1 A rank, 1 B rank and 1 S rank. (Then you have your daily types. They name the mobs and then a fate boss or two iirc)

B ranks are only useful for your weekly elite. B ranks spawn instantly after kill iirc

RE: Would you mind explaining Hunts to me? - K'nahli - 03-09-2015

Just the three ranks. B ranks, as far as I know, respawn practically as soon as you kill them since they are actively sought out by people wanting to complete those mark bills and they go down quickly.

Everything else is static in the sense that each zone has it's own A rank and S rank in addition to their B ranks.

For example, Western La Noscea has a crab thing as it's A Rank and a giant Buffalo thing as it's S rank. I forget the names, but they're always the same so after a while you'll know which is which just by looking at them.

(03-09-2015, 09:44 AM)Knahli Wrote: Just the three ranks. B ranks, as far as I know, respawn practically as soon as you kill them since they are actively sought out by people wanting to complete those mark bills and they go down quickly.

Everything else is static in the sense that each zone has it's own A rank and S rank in addition to their B ranks.

For example, Western La Noscea has a crab thing as it's A Rank and a giant Buffalo thing as it's S rank. I forget the names, but they're always the same so after a while you'll know which is which just by looking at them.

they also will activity try to murder your face off just by walking too close....regardless of level.....i learned that the hard way early on >n<;;;

Really? Last time I logged in at Behemoth's Domain an saw Maracco nearby. Granted he had his back turned to me but I walked up to him and petted him (^^)

I love him and the similar models from Stone Vigil. The way they swing their tails as though they are always so happy is too adorable.

B ranks should leave everyone alone.

A and S ranks are hostile and Aggressive.

i meant the a and s ranks.....running on about three hours of sleep here... xD i just remember my first encounter finding a wild ghede ti malice and wanting to get a "closer look" because i had no idea wtf it was did not go well and i had to be revived before the hunt crowds showed up....

Yes, I know what you meant ^^   Marraco is the Coerthan A rank.