Hydaelyn Role-Players
Halp - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Halp (/showthread.php?tid=10514)

Pages: 1 2

Halp - Warren Castille - 03-10-2015

I was just reminded at work that the Rita's Water Ice nearby is open for Spring. RIP Warren's wallet.

Also general dessert/treat/regional lexicon thread.

RE: Halp - Seye Qhesu - 03-10-2015

Never heard of it.

No treat place here that perks my fancy, sadly.

Edit...silly phone

RE: Halp - Warren Castille - 03-10-2015

Well then!

It's actually amusing regional advertising. In certain places they bill themselves as Water Ice, but most places it's just Italian Ice.

Water Ice being the correct term, of course.

RE: Halp - SessionZero - 03-10-2015

Nor here.

Though, living in the great white north (America version), people here are often loath to indulge in treats of the frozen kind, as we are ourselves often frozen. All of our tasty dishes are in some way baked, fried, or otherwise not-cold.

RE: Halp - Steel Wolf - 03-10-2015

There's this ice cream joint down the road from me. Christopher's. They serve this thing during the warmer months called a Zombie.

It's a 64 oz. Styrofoam cup with vanilla soft-serve, strawberries, chocolate soft-serve, pineapple, vanilla soft-serve, strawberries topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and nuts.

And a cherry.

...ohlawd.

RE: Halp - Dogberry - 03-10-2015

NO! NO!

YOU SHUT UP! MY WIFE WILL BUY RITAS CHERRY WATER ICE BY THE GALLONS! SHE HAS A RITAS PROBLEM. I WAS HOPING SHE WOULD FORGET ABOUT IT THIS YEAR. HELL I WAS HOPING I WOULD FORGET THIS YEAR...

BUT NO. YOU HAD TO REMIND US ALL.

DAMMIT.

SURRENDER.

[Image: ritas1.jpg]

RE: Halp - Kage - 03-10-2015

Snow ice.

Win.

Done

/thread

[Image: strawberry_snow_ice.jpg]

(jk)

RE: Halp - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 11:19 AM)Kage Wrote: Snow ice.

Win.

Done

/thread

[Image: strawberry_snow_ice.jpg]

(jk)

I raise you fluff ice.

[Image: 10462202524_2212b00084.jpg]

RE: Halp - Kage - 03-10-2015

Mine was a general version of the dessert that way I didn't have to link every single tea shop's version of it.

Jesus take the wheel, I'm having dessert for lunch today.

RE: Halp - Aya - 03-10-2015

Poor (Lucky) Guy!

RE: Halp - Cato - 03-10-2015

There's a number of lovely cafes, bakeries and patisseries near to where I live and so it's always very tempting to linger and buy something whenever I pass by. They're not the clinical chain stores either - they're the sort that are very friendly, welcoming and craft each dessert by hand which is evident by the quality and taste.

Today it was cold and so on my way back from a morning meeting I caved in and ended up buying a loaf of olive bread and a delicious egg custard.

It's good that I'm naturally thin and to my credit I only treat myself when I'm actually going somewhere.

RE: Halp - Mae - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 10:58 AM)SessionZero Wrote: Nor here.

Though, living in the great white north (America version), people here are often loath to indulge in treats of the frozen kind, as we are ourselves often frozen. All of our tasty dishes are in some way baked, fried, or otherwise not-cold.
Guess it depends on where in the north you are >_> I grew up on sugar-snow (snow that gets drizzled in maple sap that's been boiled to the point it crystallizes) and snow-cream (snow that gets mixed with cream/milk, a bit of sugar, and some flavorings). What better way to combat 6 feet of snow than to eat it?!

Anyways. "Italian ice", you can find as options at some ice cream shops back home (Maine and New Hampshire), but I honestly see more sno-cone stands and shaved ice carts. We had a large Korean population in the area I lived in in New Hampshire, so even the "shaved ice topped with soft serve ice cream and red bean paste and a ton of fruit" option was available. And is delicious.

RE: Halp - Seye Qhesu - 03-10-2015

I suppose I just ain't big on desserts since I don't know of any good places here but on saturday I tutored a lady at work who brought me Easter bread which was delicious.  Was nomming it in Kei's ear for two days.