Hydaelyn Role-Players
New player ready to join the party! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New player ready to join the party! (/showthread.php?tid=10539)

New player ready to join the party! - CyberJarl - 03-11-2015

Hello everyone! 

I'm a new player on FFXIV, started playing maybe a week ago, but I've been a roleplayer online since MUD days. After taking a extended break from playing seriously in any MMO, I feel it's time for a comeback to the roleplay scene, and thus I'd like to find a FC to call home.

My current main is Ahlsy Synnj, a female city-raised Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te Thaumaturge (going for Black Mage most likely).  I also have a couple more characters on Faerie that I'm going to transfer over to Balmung as soon as they clear. One of them is a male Hyur Gladiator (future Paladin) that could become a secondary main or main, depending probably on the DPS/Tank and Male/Female ratio of whatever FC I end up with since I read that both males and tanks are in short supply.

My first RP experience was from MUDs, where I played Aeldalethsy and Hellerick on a MUD called Hrielith and Teleorn on Shadows of Isildur (until he died since that MUD had perma-death >.<Wink. From there, I added pictures to words and moved on to MMOs.

I've roleplayed in every MMO I played since then, my most notable alter-egos being Tara'wia (Twi'lek Rebel Pilot/Master Pistoleer/Master Doctor) in SWG back in 2005ish, Aeldalethsy (Fae Wizard) in EQ2, The Fierce Lynx (Claws Scrapper) in CoH and Garriald (Human/IC Dunadan Guardian) in LotRO. I also roleplayed (albeit briefly) in Tabula Rasa (RIP), Pirates of the Burning Sea and SW:TOR. 

RL-wise, I'm a 36 y.o French Canadian dude who works in technical support and enjoys Tabletop RPGs (DnD 3.5, Star Wars d20, New World of Darkness), drawing and writing and online Poker.  I can usually play on weekday evenings and weekends, but that may change as my work schedule changes. Regardless of schedule, I can put at least 15-20 hours a week into the game.

I'm looking for a social Free Company, medium to heavy roleplay with a healthy mix of events/impromptu roleplay and PVE.  I'm not interested in PVP whatsoever, at least for now Wink

If you think you have a home for me and my characters, feel free to drop me a tell in-game or PM me on these boards Smile

Edited for typos, because everyone hates them.

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Nirri - 03-11-2015

Welcome to FFXIV! Hope you're liking it so far!

If you ever want to start off roleplay or just have questions. Don't hesitate to send a tell to Aeron Volkova!

(I'm on most of the time.)

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Parvacake - 03-11-2015

Welcome and have fun! Big Grin

RE: New player ready to join the party! - CyberJarl - 03-11-2015

Thanks Nirri and Lilith Smile 

I do like the game so far Smile It's depth and size remind me a bit of EQ2 in it's glory days.  Newer western MMOs are so incredibly shallow, it's good to see a game that goes back to creating a virtual world first instead of being a PVP/Raiding outlet before all.

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Maril - 03-11-2015

Welcome aboard Smile Remember to keep your seat-belt on at all times.

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Heart Quintessence - 03-11-2015

Yeah a Fellow MUD/MUSher! Welcome to the party!

Which Server?

RE: New player ready to join the party! - CyberJarl - 03-11-2015

ThanksSmile

I'm on Balmung

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Rosamund - 03-11-2015

Hello and welcome! Big Grin

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Izayoi - 03-11-2015

Hello and welcome Smile

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Jaliqai - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 04:58 PM)Nirri Wrote: Welcome to FFXIV! Hope you're liking it so far!

If you ever want to start off roleplay or just have questions. Don't hesitate to send a tell to Aeron Volkova!

(I'm on most of the time.)

Just look for the tall hyur who keeps motioning to himself!

But yes, hello and welcome to Balmung! Also throwing my name out there (Xheja Rajhera / Meiko Amano) for if you ever need any help or want to RP or anything! :D

RE: New player ready to join the party! - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-16-2015

Hello and welcome!

Have fun! And, "may the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!