Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. (/showthread.php?tid=10607)

Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - Malek Mil'ner - 03-16-2015

Hey again! I've also been looking around for a FC as of late and I've had very little success in finding an Ishgard-based FC. I've joined a couple different linkshells as well as asked around elsewhere so I figured I'd drop a quick thread on here to see if anyone has one or knows of one.

Though I'm looking for one that holds more true to the way Ishgard is actually represented by the lore we have at our disposal and the like. The one or two I have found seemed to have strayed drastically from the overall feel that Ishgard holds.

Thanks guys!

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - FloriaRaine - 03-16-2015

I've seen one fc advertising, the black suns, i believe they were called, or something along those lines, a group of ishgardian dragoons, perhaps someone knows more about them or of another fc.

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - Ardent Ghost - 03-17-2015

I'm not sure if we are one of the two that you have come across that you feel have 'strayed' too far from the feel of Ishgard, but I will post anyhow seeing as I don't feel it could hurt any! c:

In summary, the Black Sun Vanguard was originally an Ishgardian Dragoon unit that was formed hundreds of years ago, and for about as long, has been forced to overcome every hurdle and injustice thrown in their direction. They have kept their heads held high and have worked for the common man, working to make the lives of their people safer. They have taken in refugees, mended the broken, rose above humiliation, suffered terrible tragedy and have been forsaken by the very people they sought to protect. 

After the last injustice committed against them, the remnants of the Black Sun Vanguard scattered, only to be hunted down recently under a call to arms by the brightening of the Dragon Star. Led by a former member of the Black Sun, Ischyros Estalia, the Black Sun Vanguard has been repurposed to be more self-sustaining to that they may commit full-heartedly to the war against the Dravanians while simultaneously clearing their name with the Ishgardian people.

Various characters from all walks of life have come from near or far to enlist within the Black Sun Vanguard, be it to aid by sword and shield, word or knife, and hammer or pick. These individuals, while primarily Ishgardians, come from as far as Ala Mhigo, Doma or anywhere in between. This is not to say, however, that certain Ishgardian characters do not maintain their old habits and views on many things, and quite a number of them are quite loyal to their people and their homeland, while also being quite xenophobic toward other races in some regard. Normally we can be found operating out of Whitebrim Front, though recently our storyline has brought us over into Mor Dhona concerning the King of Kings and his reawakening. 

On an Out of Character level, our community is quite friendly and quite content to spend hours on end chatting in up in FC chat (Or Skype group chat. (Text, not voice. We don't do voice.), and are happy to offer assistance when able or needed. Our events range from one meeting a week, with a second and third for sermons of the twelve by our Faith branch or training for our soldiers. This does not, however, include rank specific events hosted by the leaders of each pillar (the three being sword, faith and service). Main events are focused around the Free Company storyline, while also working to weave in character development and storylines for the members of the Black Sun Vanguard, whom are very much responsible for making us what we are. 

Our website is integrated into our Free Company for the purpose of application, character development prompts, Free Company information (Like our extensive history located here.), our unique Job Board system that promotes roleplay between characters, events and other fun things to help us come together in roleplay and as a community.

If you would like to check into us more, you can read about us on our website. I do apologize for certain threads not being viewable to the public, but you can register an account to view those if you would like (You don't have to apply to view the hidden stuff, the registration is just a counter measure to copyright infringement in cases where people come and steal character histories and stuff). Or if you have any concerns or questions, I'd be happy to address them for you. We may not be for everyone, and I understand if we don't fit your fancy. But, we -are- very much Ishgardian and we -are- very much involved with Ishgard. (; If not, best of wishes in your search for an Ishgardian Free Company! We are expecting a drastic increase in them come Heavensward.

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - FloriaRaine - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 05:10 PM)Ardent Ghost Wrote: I'm not sure if we are one of the two that you have come across that you feel have 'strayed' too far from the feel of Ishgard, but I will post anyhow seeing as I don't feel it could hurt any! c:

In summary, the Black Sun Vanguard was originally an Ishgardian Dragoon unit that was formed hundreds of years ago, and for about as long, has been forced to overcome every hurdle and injustice thrown in their direction. They have kept their heads held high and have worked for the common man, working to make the lives of their people safer. They have taken in refugees, mended the broken, rose above humiliation, suffered terrible tragedy and have been forsaken by the very people they sought to protect. 

After the last injustice committed against them, the remnants of the Black Sun Vanguard scattered, only to be hunted down recently under a call to arms by the brightening of the Dragon Star. Led by a former member of the Black Sun, Ischyros Estalia, the Black Sun Vanguard has been repurposed to be more self-sustaining to that they may commit full-heartedly to the war against the Dravanians while simultaneously clearing their name with the Ishgardian people.

Various characters from all walks of life have come from near or far to enlist within the Black Sun Vanguard, be it to aid by sword and shield, word or knife, and hammer or pick. These individuals, while primarily Ishgardians, come from as far as Ala Mhigo, Doma or anywhere in between. This is not to say, however, that certain Ishgardian characters do not maintain their old habits and views on many things, and quite a number of them are quite loyal to their people and their homeland, while also being quite xenophobic toward other races in some regard. Normally we can be found operating out of Whitebrim Front, though recently our storyline has brought us over into Mor Dhona concerning the King of Kings and his reawakening. 

On an Out of Character level, our community is quite friendly and quite content to spend hours on end chatting in up in FC chat (Or Skype group chat. (Text, not voice. We don't do voice.), and are happy to offer assistance when able or needed. Our events range from one meeting a week, with a second and third for sermons of the twelve by our Faith branch or training for our soldiers. This does not, however, include rank specific events hosted by the leaders of each pillar (the three being sword, faith and service). Main events are focused around the Free Company storyline, while also working to weave in character development and storylines for the members of the Black Sun Vanguard, whom are very much responsible for making us what we are. 

Our website is integrated into our Free Company for the purpose of application, character development prompts, Free Company information (Like our extensive history located here.), our unique Job Board system that promotes roleplay between characters, events and other fun things to help us come together in roleplay and as a community.

If you would like to check into us more, you can read about us on our website. I do apologize for certain threads not being viewable to the public, but you can register an account to view those if you would like (You don't have to apply to view the hidden stuff, the registration is just a counter measure to copyright infringement in cases where people come and steal character histories and stuff). Or if you have any concerns or questions, I'd be happy to address them for you. We may not be for everyone, and I understand if we don't fit your fancy. But, we -are- very much Ishgardian and we -are- very much involved with Ishgard. (; If not, best of wishes in your search for an Ishgardian Free Company! We are expecting a drastic increase in them come Heavensward.

Ah yes, these are the guys i mentioned before ^

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - Ardent Ghost - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 05:17 PM)FloriaRaine Wrote: Ah yes, these are the guys i mentioned before ^

Ah, I forgot to thank you for mentioning us, Flo. I was a little caught up in my habitual novelling. Thank you~! c:

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - FloriaRaine - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 05:33 PM)Ardent Ghost Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 05:17 PM)FloriaRaine Wrote: Ah yes, these are the guys i mentioned before ^

Ah, I forgot to thank you for mentioning us, Flo. I was a little caught up in my habitual novelling. Thank you~! c:

Not a problem! Actually I've been meaning to contact your fc to discuss a potential personal story somewhere down the line should any one in it be interested, looking for some less xenophobic ishgardian(s) for some training rp

(03-17-2015, 06:48 PM)FloriaRaine Wrote: Not a problem! Actually I've been meaning to contact your fc to discuss a potential personal story somewhere down the line should any one in it be interested, looking for some less xenophobic ishgardian(s) for some training rp

Oh, please feel free! I've been on Arivi Vel'ecna a lot as of late, trying to get her caught up in the Main Storyline. If you'd like  to reach me, she's probably your best bet, or you can catch me on Skype at 'Canndid'. We can certainly do training. (:

RE: Ishgardian-Based RP'er looking for an Ishgard FC. - V'aleera - 03-17-2015

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9953

Aside from BSV, this is the only other Ishgardian FC I've heard of (and even then, I believe it's still in its conceptual stages and getting ready for the expansion). You may wish to consider messaging the OP of that thread for further information.

Quote:Not a problem! Actually I've been meaning to contact your fc to discuss a potential personal story somewhere down the line should any one in it be interested, looking for some less xenophobic ishgardian(s) for some training rp
Floria should ask Vetiver if she knows any Ishgardians. If nothing else, the reaction should be fairly amusing. Tongue