Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Attempt Nahmber 2! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Attempt Nahmber 2! (/showthread.php?tid=10656)

Attempt Nahmber 2! - Kurt S. - 03-19-2015

So after tossing and turning over something Liliro once said in a tell once upon a time. I decided that maybe I should put in another connections thread, this time reflecting the recent things I realized about her...also because she's level 50 as a PLD (Am I doing it right, Liliro? I pointed out she's 50 and I invested a shitload of time into her getting her Zenith, 4/12 of the atmas and WoD access.) Also made me realize that her initial recruitment thread would have really gotten 0 replies and 50 views.

Anyway in the time since her creation, Nah's gone through...well not a lot really. I'm looking to change that. I mean I can count on my hand the time's she's been IC since her creation.

So here's what I'm looking for for Nah right now.

-Someone she can (try to) steal from using methods Theula'sae taught her.
She'd end up failing miserably but still, if not feel really bad about it once she pulls it off. 

-Someone who might be able to teach her more about using the sword and board. Despite having Zeean and Floria teaching her something at least once already, wouldn't mind doing it again with them really, still more mentors means more things to work and synthesize into her own style. 

-Someone who could teach her how to maybe lighten some pockets and purses.
Even though she has Theula'sae teaching her, maybe another pick pocket could teach her too. This'll be hard to find though. 

-Someone who might(will) just mug her.
Nuff said. 

-An Adventuring companion or something
Could be someone who teaches her how to fight with a sword effectively too, we'll see. She isn't really that fond sitting around doing nothing or people watching for long periods of time, she'll take any excuse to step out and go hit something with her sword or maybe a long walk from Limsa to Swiftperch to deliver something. 

-A friend.
Nuff said too.

-Another older brother figure.
this seems to be a trend with all the catboys she's met. *coughTheula'saecough* *coughZeeancough*

-A possible love interest(?)
/laugh, good luck.

-Someone who knows that she works in Amariyousities! Also might just inherit it. 
Bouncing off business ideas and concepts and tips amirite? Either that or asking about the old man or even just making simple small talk or arrange a business proposition. I dunno.

-Someone who could help her investigate her mother. Now this part is a tricky bit. I have three possibilities stewing in my head, one of which I'm not sure of the plausibility, another of which is just seems crazy no matter how you look at it. None of has any immediate bearing on her relationship with her husband, she still owns him and he's still a slave. I suppose a conjurer or a thaumaturge could help in this department. Which case could be within accepted standards? Barring that, can someone help me brainstorm a case D or something.

Case A: Voidsent possession
Simply put her mom's been possessed by a voidsent that just wants to see the world burn. Therefore, tests to see if the daughter has any potential. Not that it changes things she'll probably be possessed too when the time is right. Sending her to Ul'dah and training among the gladiators is simply a way to strengthen the new vessel. Whether or not she has the stomach to 'sow chaos' wherever she went is of little consequence. Now my question here is, is it safe to assume what happened to Cocobusi is voidsent possession in a nutshell? Also is there any reliable method of detecting such a possession? 

Case B: Eorzean Illuminati or some such
I don't think there's much work needed here. I've played around with organization concepts in my head. The most apparent of which is like an underground organization that might just have more behind the scenes influence in Ul'dah than say the syndicate. Of course that's easily thrown out the window, pretty much artificially maintaining the balance of Chaos and Order. No one's gonna sit well with that I suppose so my actual proposition here is some sort of underground assassin organization, like you know the brotherhood. Of course Nah asking someone to help out with this might come a little later, after crossing out Cases A and C. As well as after *variable personal storyline spoilers, up to and including an OOC time limit.* 

Case C: Elemental Intervention
I'll put the /sounsyysignal like so here.

Well it speaks for itself. Some elemental out there wants to see the world burn...well just mankind really, I mean prevention is better than cure ho boy what if another Black Mage decides to spark a war eh and then they have to churn out white mages again eh. I thought about this since Amariyousities! is located in Gridania after all. I'm not entirely sure if a voidsent could easily slip into Gridania what with it being a stone's throw from the conjurers' guild AND the Padjal. So this time an elemental is what's either outright possessing her or heavily influencing her mother (can an elemental possess someone?). Can this actually be a thing or are all elementals like a hive mind or something? Also if it can be a thing, I'd probably like help to flesh it out a bit more or some resources about Elementals I could draw on. 

Of course approaching her is a simple matter in itself seeing as she's either in the markets or in the Quicksand. Sometimes she'll be in the Wench at Limsa or the Canopy or around the markets at Gridania. We can also set up something somewhere. 

Though if you want to we can also plan something out that ties you to either her father, Nah herself, her mother, maybe even the Amariyousities! shop too. 

*Prepares the 'double digit views and 0 replies' card on the desk.

RE: Attempt Nahmber 2! - SicketySix - 03-19-2015

Oh man, I know how "0 replies 76 views" feel, so I'm just going to post a little about my characters, so see if there is anything that you could use!

Manasa: Being a Pirate type character, I'm not sure if adventuring companion would be the word for it, but being a pirate, he may of had dealings or had seen your mother about doing what she does, maybe thru some less than savory dealings between criminal activity in Limsa, and your mothers in Gridania. He is only 27, so it's not likely he'd know your mother very well. Maybe he accompanied your mother back to the shop, along with his Captain or something similar at same point. Being only a few years older than you, I'm sure he would of at the least said Hi to you.

T'avh T'avh is just a stumbling, bumbling, orphaned, currently homeless, kinda creepy 17yr old Miqo'te lad, who also has a MAJOR lying problem when trying to impress those around him. This character is just a funny alt I play on a fair amount. Seeing as how he is in Uldah, I'm sure there could be some kinda super awkward friendship between the two.

If anything sound sof interest, or you have some ideas, feel free to pm me here or send tell to either character in-game.

RE: Attempt Nahmber 2! - Kurt S. - 03-19-2015

(03-19-2015, 11:38 AM)Manasas Reed Wrote: Oh man, I know how  "0 replies 76 views" feel, so I'm just going to post a little about my characters, so see if there is anything that you could use!

Manasa: Being a Pirate type character, I'm not sure if adventuring companion would be the word for it, but being a pirate, he may of had dealings or had seen your mother about doing what she does, maybe thru some less than savory dealings between criminal activity in Limsa, and your mothers in Gridania. He is only 27, so it's not likely he'd know your mother very well. Maybe he accompanied your mother back to the shop, along with his Captain or something similar at same point. Being only a few years older than you, I'm sure he would of at the least said Hi to you.

T'avh   T'avh is just a stumbling, bumbling, orphaned, currently homeless, kinda creepy 17yr old Miqo'te lad, who also has a MAJOR lying problem when trying to impress those around him. This character is just a funny alt I play on a fair amount. Seeing as how he is in Uldah, I'm sure there could be some kinda super awkward friendship between the two.

If anything sound sof interest, or you have some ideas, feel free to pm me here or send tell to either character in-game.

T'avh well, Nah can always run into him and we'll see how her somewhat usual snarky smartassness measures up to this guy's crafted lies. A tell works perfectly if I can't find him in or around Ul'dah. 

If anything Manasa might know Kurt and his mom more than Nah and her mom. Seeing as Kurt was supposed to be a pirate and his mom really is a pirate, not as often as before but she still sails with her crew every now and then. It's highly likely Kurt knows about Rowdy Reed as well. Maybe when I'm more coherent(read as: when I wake up tomorrow cuz it's midnight right now') I'll shoot a PM your way with a few ideas. Maybe Kurt could also explore the potential pirate half of his life.

RE: Attempt Nahmber 2! - FloriaRaine - 03-19-2015

Oh man too much for my sleep deprived state to read over! Anyways, feel free to contact me again for more training ... or any sort of rp really, could be on any of your characters, think i'm usually in the middle of something when you're online but i'm willing to drop everytinh (including this baby) for rp, because zodiacs is blah!