Hydaelyn Role-Players
Re-intro and a question for all - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Re-intro and a question for all (/showthread.php?tid=1067)

Re-intro and a question for all - faceman7381 - 09-23-2011

To all those who have taken a moment to read this:

First let me thank you for taking a small amount of your time to read this message and for continuing to support Final Fantasy 14, FF in-general, and roleplaying in FF 14.

This is a re-introduction as I am returning to the game after being excited by the prospects of patch 1.19 with everything it has reported to be bringing and the job class patch of 1.20.

Although I am reserving judgment on the job patch package until details are released, if it gives us the tradition of FF Jobs, what could be better?

Anyways, I am back and with a new character named Konner Kinkaid. I haven't yet fleshed out everything of him, but what I do know is this: All too often I, like so many others, have made a character and then attempted to make myself stay within those boundaries and find others like me. After many mmos and years, I have come to the conclusion I have to try something new.

I cannot continue to stay closed within myself for the only reason of staying true to myself. In doing so, I have already, before speaking with anyone, forced semi-alienation upon myself. That is counter-productive when my real goal, like so many others, is to RP with others. I must find a new way for the sake of the expereince and the community itself. We all, as RPers, have to think within ourselves which is more important: The expereince that can only be gained within the RP community as a whole or the story of our character.

What I would like to ask everyone is this: What is FF RP? I mean to say, what makes FF Final Fantasy? To define it, I think you have to look over the entire line of games and look for common themes and appearances. I am not just talking about airships, chocobos, moogles and a guy named Cid. I am talking about those things like the female lead with a hidden past and/or power. The lead male character and his rival and their battles to define real good and evil.

I do not want to expand, but instead, offer that question up to all of you. I am not so green that I do not believe that this post will be well replied to, but I think it is worth trying. I don't have all the answers, but I believe that a community would. So I am here, reaching out, saying to all of you 'what is FF RP?' If we can, together, define it within the parameters of a 'true' FF experience on a majority idea, then perhaps we can all move foward in rethinking the RP community as a whole. I am not looking to unite here, or form one big group, I am only asking a question. I believe that this question is a necessary step to furthering the overall expereince and longevity moving forward as the game rebounds in the next year.

It is better to prepare as a community now for the certain influx that will occur when things iron themselves out. Please do not misunderstand my intentions. I am not someone seeking leadership, I am just a person asking a question to people much wiser than myself. I ask. Will you answer?

Many thanks to your prompt attention to this matter and your overall concern in general for the continued prosperity of a thriving, enjoyable RP community within the confines of this wonderful, unpolished world:

faceman7381 (Konner Kinkaid)

Re: Re-intro and a question for all - Darkvalkyr - 09-24-2011

Hello!

Nice to meet you.

Re: Re-intro and a question for all - Smiling River - 09-24-2011

Welcome to the community.

Any RP, to me, is subjective to what you prefer. I don't think there is such a thing as FF-specific RP. Yes, we're in a Final Fantasy game and must abide by the lore and the setting, but the RP within that setting could be adapted to any other MMO, really. I think it's simply what one finds interesting, what one things is good storytelling and writing.