Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! (/showthread.php?tid=10705)

A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - WildCard - 03-21-2015

Hey all!

I've been playing the game for quite a while, and only just signed up here after things have settled down a bit in real life (I'm definitely on top of things joining with such punctual timing, don't question my authoriteh). You may have seen or even interacted with my friend shadottie and/or her character, Nonovi; but I figured I'd combine the effort of making a brief introduction of my character and seeking connections into one thread.

Eiji is a low-key Hyur with a most-often polite demeanour that arrived in Eorzea with fellow refugees en masse from Doma. ICly, he doesn't have much of a class to exhibit at the moment, given he's quite bare without the few items (including his sword) he held dear when they were taken from him after an unpleasant encounter on the road to Mor Dhona. Despite this, he's recently become a sort of guardian of a certain adventurous lalafell, and does what he can to ensure he's still in good shape to be able to fight off anything that might pose harm. While he's cool-headed a lot of times, he's still very much prone to be moved in some way given a strong enough situation; coincidentally, this also ties in with his sense of awe and uncertainty being in a land he isn't familiar with - along with feelings tied to the now-well-known events of back home. 

This might seem like an already well-established character but I'm actually still working out little details of his personality, and tweaking accordingly as I monitor his development as well as lore developments regarding Doma as they come. I do have vague goals in mind in regards to his character development, but how it shapes up will depend on his interactions with everybody he comes across! He's doesn't have a lot of people he can call friends yet, but I'm hoping him making more connections will also help connect him more to Eorzea that goes in hand with his personal development.

Since he's usually in close proximity with Nonovi, anyone that wants to throw their characters at him, or the excitable lalafell (or both!) can feel free to give either me or shadottie a shout! Thanks for taking the time to read through all this, and I look forward to meeting more players and their characters! Big Grin

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - FloriaRaine - 03-21-2015

My doman alt would be happy to meet more of her fellow country men, If you can find Yumei Rockbreaker online give her a /tell or find my main Floria Raine, she's always looking for new connections as well.

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Heart Quintessence - 03-21-2015

Yhisa would be happy to help him! If he doesn't mind Miqo'te that is!

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Alothia - 03-21-2015

Our FC actually deals with getting refugees across the border and whatnot. I know some of the people on our FC have characters that are refugees as well. Perhaps there would be some connections there?

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Elaris - 03-21-2015

One of my characters has made her way to Eorzea as well from Othard because of the same reasons plus a few more personal quests that she needs to fulfill. Hopefully I can run into you and your partner! Don't hesitate to poke her should you come across her at Limsa Lominsa, her name is Saeren Orbanis. I'll be sure to keep a look out for you two as well. Smile

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - ThatOldDusk - 03-21-2015

Feel free to approach Fafrung sometimes. Knowing a pocket tank could be useful.

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - ChewableMorphine - 03-21-2015

Flynt's a general purpose NPC type who'll gladly say your outfit is hideous and will challenge you to any form of gamble. Be it cards, dice, arm wrestling; he'll take you on.

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - WildCard - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 08:22 AM)FloriaRaine Wrote: My doman alt would be happy to meet more of her fellow country men, If you can find Yumei Rockbreaker online give her a /tell or find my main Floria Raine, she's always looking for new connections as well.
Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out.

(03-21-2015, 10:12 AM)Heart Quintessence Wrote: Yhisa would be happy to help him! If he doesn't mind Miqo'te that is!
He wouldn't mind Miqo'te at all, no!

(03-21-2015, 10:44 AM)Alothia Wrote: Our FC actually deals with getting refugees across the border and whatnot. I know some of the people on our FC have characters that are refugees as well. Perhaps there would be some connections there?
Very possible. If anyone from the FC would be interested, please let them know they're welcome to give me a shout!

(03-21-2015, 10:56 AM)Elaris Wrote: One of my characters has made her way to Eorzea as well from Othard because of the same reasons plus a few more personal quests that she needs to fulfill. Hopefully I can run into you and your partner! Don't hesitate to poke her should you come across her at Limsa Lominsa, her name is Saeren Orbanis. I'll be sure to keep a look out for you two as well. Smile
Duly noted!

(03-21-2015, 07:11 PM)☆Flynt Reddard☆ Wrote: Flynt's a general purpose NPC type who'll gladly say your outfit is hideous and will challenge you to any form of gamble. Be it cards, dice, arm wrestling; he'll take you on.
That's hilarious. A very interesting offer that I can definitely remember if Eiji ever needs such a rival!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and showing your interest and your offers! I didn't expect to get even this many responses as I did this quickly, so consider me humbled. I'm always up for seeing what new connections could be made, so to anyone that hasn't already posted, please know that you're always welcome to give me a shout if you're interested in setting anything up! Big Grin

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Faye - 03-21-2015

I'd be glad to role-play with you (and Nonovi) anytime!

(03-21-2015, 07:36 PM)Faye Wrote: I'd be glad to role-play with you (and Nonovi) anytime!
Of course! I'll always be happy to continue RPing with you.

RE: A Refugee Needs Connections in a New Place! - Meena - 03-22-2015

Fellow Refugee speaking here - I'm always up for some roleplay if you can find me. We can talk about how dreadful mor Dhona is.