Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? (/showthread.php?tid=10741)

Pages: 1 2

Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Avalt Laguz - 03-23-2015

There was recently a post on the official XIV forums about what kind of flying mounts that other players would like to see.

While I found the thread interesting, I would assume that RPers would be using these mounts in their RP adventures, and may have some different ideas for what they would like to take to the skies with!

Here are a few I have suggested when this topic has come up in FC/LS chat!

Mist Dragon (FF IV)
[Image: FF4PSP_Mist_Dragon_Battle.png]
While it appears rather large in previous FF games, the size of it could be reduced by only having it's back, wings and neck/head visible and having the rest shrouded in mist (or clouds!). Or it just being smaller in general.

Zu (Several appearances)
[Image: 300px-Amano_Zuu.jpg]
The Zu made a recent appearance as the second boss of Pharos Sirius, however it has made appearances as far back as Final Fantasy IV. These large winged birds could be pretty sweet as single rider, or possibly dual rider transport!

Helldiver (FF III)
[Image: 130px-Helldiver_FFIII_Artwork.jpg]
I personally prefer the concept art to how they were shown in FF3, these creatures appear to have two feet, and along with the wings they also have two clawed hands.

Elvoret (FF VIII)
[Image: 250px-FF8_Elvoret.png]
This is a slight departure from the bird/dragons, Elvoret appeared as a boss at the top of the communication tower in Dollet. While it has a rather demonic appearance, a rider could sit between his wings, or be held in the creature's arms. Watch for the claws!

Gizmaluke (FF IX)
[Image: 270px-Gizamaluke-ffix-battle.png]
I saw this one was assumed to be the mysterious flying mount shown in the Benchmark preview with Bismarck breaching the clouds. Gizmaluke looked similar and used it's wings to attack in FF9.

Silver Dragon (FF IX)
[Image: 200px-Silver_Dragon-FFIX.PNG]
Kuja's transport of choice in FF9, to my memory it is able to stand on all fours and could likely be used on the ground as well as in the air.

There must be hundreds of possibilities that we could see in Heavensward, I'm personally hoping the Ahriman can be used to fly higher! No suggestions are silly, I'm just excited to see what people are hoping for Smile

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Warren Castille - 03-23-2015

[Image: Quezacotl_FFVIII_Art.png]

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Cato - 03-23-2015

Something majestic but fairly common as to not require a huge stretch of the imagination as to why X, Y and Z are flying around on them.

I loved having my blood elf fly around on his dragonhawk back when I played WoW.

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Maril - 03-23-2015

I like the look of the Helldiver. I would also like to see a pegasus styled mount. I mean, we have a unicorn so why not? Big Grin And then I am hoping we'll be able to get a really cool looking dragon to ride about on. Because I fully intend to name mine Toothless already.. *pokerface* 

Though I'm hoping for something that is lore friendly as well. Beyond the chocobo. 
I suppose the gryphon might be? Just as long as flying will be something for the masses and not super duper special "Oh my! You have found the last bewinged creature and it happens to like you specifically!"

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Kilid/Torhe - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 09:40 AM)Sastra Wrote: I like the look of the Helldiver. I would also like to see a pegasus styled mount. I mean, we have a unicorn so why not? Big Grin And then I am hoping we'll be able to get a really cool looking dragon to ride about on. Because I fully intend to name mine Toothless already.. *pokerface* 

Though I'm hoping for something that is lore friendly as well. Beyond the chocobo. 
I suppose the gryphon might be? Just as long as flying will be something for the masses and not super duper special "Oh my! You have found the last bewinged creature and it happens to like you specifically!"
I see your Pegasi and Unicorns, and raise you an Alicorn mount.

Aside from that, I'd really love to see some variations on the personal airships.  The more magitech-y the better!

Failing that, I'd be quite happy to settle for something like the Great Eagles from LotR.

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Elaris - 03-23-2015

I'm hoping that the Ahriman mount is capable to fly around when the expansion is live. I really like the mount especially for my lalafell alt so here is to hoping.

[Image: Monture_Ahriman.png]

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Aduu Avagnar - 03-23-2015

I just want my Fat Chocobo to fly....

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Oscare - 03-23-2015

Pegasi would be cool.

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Rosamund - 03-23-2015

Colibri... Don't ask me how, given their size. I just want it ok!

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Gegenji - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 10:05 AM)Nako Wrote: I just want my Fat Chocobo to fly....

That's what I'm hoping for. That or a Behemoth held aloft by balloons.

[Image: Balloon_Tarrasque.png]

Nowhere is safe.

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - cuideag - 03-23-2015

A big ol' flying fish, like one of the ones you catch in Coerthas. Gatherer mounts go!!

Alternately, FFX Valefor. I LOVE VALEFOR SO MUCH.

[Image: Valefor-FFX.png]

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Steel Wolf - 03-23-2015

[Image: ImperialAirForceFMV.jpg]

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Spethah - 03-23-2015

[Image: 640px-Amano_Hiryuu.jpg]
Wind mother flipping drake of course.

That or behemoth with balloons.

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Jana - 03-23-2015

[Image: heldiver_biplane_as468_enviar_2.jpg]

I didn't know "Helldiver" was actually a Final Fantasy thing, I just want to lead a squadron of Ixal into dogfights against Dravanians...

RE: Flying Mounts; Which would YOU like to see? - Uninstalldotexe - 03-23-2015

This...

Show Content