Hydaelyn Role-Players
Allow me to introduce myself. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Allow me to introduce myself. (/showthread.php?tid=10748)

Allow me to introduce myself. - Cladyn - 03-23-2015

Hi there! My name is Cladyn and i'm still pretty new to the game, but after browsing through these forums for a day or two and looking at this fantastic RP community, I thought it'd be nice to introduce myself and get to know you guys! d-(^_^)z

Hmm.. A little bit about me. For one, I have about 4 years of Role Play experience under my belt, most of which done with on World of Warcraft, but I've done forum RP and Pathfinder RP and sessions through the Pazio forums. I'd love love love, to get into RP in the gorgeous world of FFXIV being as that Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series, so any tips and no-no's within' the community would very much help.

I do watch anime, yes... as well as play a lot of games. (Anything ranging from video games to board games basically, that includes Magic The Gathering, and Dungeons and Dragons. The odd miniature game too.) My other main hobby is drawing, though I've only been doing it for a year and i'm unsure if I'll even wind up posting some stuff here (If I do, don't be to harsh even though I enjoy hearing peoples thoughts on my work.)

Seems as though the server I'll be prowling for RP right now will be Gilgamesh, so I'm hoping there's a Free Company out there that'd be willing to put up with me. I'm always game for Role Play too, so never be afraid to ask!

Last (but not least), I hail from the far reaches of British Columbia, Canada. If there's anything else you guys would like to know, feel free to ask.

Anyways, that seems to be about it. I look forward to gaining many friends and comrades as well as my time spent here in the forums among your wonderful community!

RE: Allow me to introduce myself. - Maril - 03-23-2015

Welcome aboard! Remember to keep your seat belt on at all times, it's a wild ride.

RE: Allow me to introduce myself. - Erik Mynhier - 03-23-2015

What sort of person is your character and what sort of rp are you looking for. There is all kinds of rp here. FC and non-FC, and all sorts of themes, tavern, military, adventurer, scientists, exc. You have a lot of options.

RE: Allow me to introduce myself. - Cladyn - 03-23-2015

Hmm. What i'm looking for considering RP doesn't really matter to me tbh, and as for my character, his background is a bit under development for now as I dig into lore and other things. His personality though will most likely carry over from some other games considering Cladyn Silvervale is my main Role Play alias.

I love starting new characters but for now it's really nice to sink into a character and personality i'm fairly familiar with and understand. His personality can be pretty cliche at times but it works for who Cladyn is as a person.

Cladyn is a Hyur Highlander, though he looks brute and rather mean at times he's actually quite friendly. He's constantly looking for a way out rather than fighting if the situation turns dire, though that doesn't mean he can't hold himself in a fight.

He has a philosophical nature about him, always willing to spread his wisdom and give advice to practically any who need it. Cladyn's drive and purpose is to enlighten himself, constantly discovering things about who he wants to be as a person and what he wants to become as a result. Most of which come from bonds and ties to others, in which friends are held in highest regard and closest in his heart, making it easy to become very close to him.

Though because of this, he makes for a good shoulder to lean on when needed. Helping others get ahead even at the cost of him being forgotten at times, but just knowing that is more than enough.

That is basically Cladyn in a nutshell though there is more depth to his character.