Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of The Scholar - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Celebration of The Scholar (/showthread.php?tid=10840)

Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-27-2015

[Image: abyNE5d.png]

In the warm evening as the sun set, pilgrims came from far and wide to gather in the last gathering at the frontier of the corrupted land of Mor Dhona. Over the crowd of pilgrims, a hand bell rings. "Welcome pilgrims!"

[Image: WTbJqWq.jpg]

"I am beyond honored this eve to welcome you all upon this pilgrimage to the stone of The Scholar, Thaliak. Thank you all for coming."

"Being here, taking such time of your own to be a part of this occasion shows, is a great gift. To show eagerness to learn, to celebrate in the pursuit of knowledge, to find out truth, seek out wisdom, and expand our own boundaries."

"As we walk, would ask you all think about those who have taught you, mentors, those who have made a difference in life to broaden horizons. That every step you take, their lessons and trials, make an impact where you are and what you do."

Jancis Milburga rings the hand bell high over her head, starting the pilgrimage.

[Image: A9z5ou1.jpg]

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers."

"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth."

[Image: rM4ppXL.jpg]

Guards scouted ahead, waving on and ensuring the quiet animals and small lightning spirits caused no threat. The terrain was rough, rocky, watery, and full of chaotic aether. Many wore protective items to ward off the onslaught of aether, others simply dealt with it.

Soon enough, they arrived at the venue, the cliff-side named Rathefrost, before a crystallized tree and the grand stone of Thaliak.

Show Content

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-28-2015

[Image: V4PPGRi.jpg]

The sky stayed crisp and clear as the progression of pilgrims made it to Rathefrost, the shimmering grace of the crystallized tree and ground lighting up the area like a magical stage.

Against the faint glow the performers stood, everyone else resting amongst the few plants that survived in the harsh land.

"Be it we have many people who are gifted in the ways of words and verse. This being a special night for me, I would share some before they begin."

[Image: TGsmprb.jpg]
"A wise man said that 'The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.' So, in turn, I shall give that today. This night holds great value to me for the closeness I feel to the Scholar."

"In my youth, I was isolated and knew very little. I built off of that, bit by bit, finding new ways to understand what I did know. In turn, I discovered new things and accepted them. I found something that could not be taken away from me. So I gathered it, gathered all I could. I found and understood that I was not alone. That my dreams and ideas had worth. That I could change."

"That within my heart, I found the courage to learn and discover, to open my horizons and find new possibilities ahead of me. And I was set free."

"That one small opportunity has given me wings that I might know you, know what family is, know what love could be. In all of it I have found out a shining thought for everything I come to see and know. Life is simple and deep."

Jancis repeats, "Simple and deep." She beams a smile at the crowd, her eyes shining. "I have a short story. There was a boy sailing down a river. And it was fun." She laughs a bit at the blunt statement, "It was playful and he enjoyed it. He looked around him and saw life, watched as plants grow, watched animals flourish."

"And this went on, the river turned and bent, days and nights passed. Winter brought frost and he saw something different. He saw plants wither, animals pass on. He reached out to them, to do more than look from afar. In doing so, he scrapped his hand upon the bank of the river. It hurt."

"And then he knew pain, which is a hard thing to know. And he cried; he drifted with the current and struggled to understand what he saw, what he had felt. As the pain began to lessen the realization came, he understood he was not a boy. He was a drop of water."

[Image: bZGcUoE.jpg]
Jancis brings her fingers close together. "A drop of water in the river. One of many. He went down to the riverbed and looked up, and saw everyone who had held him up to learn the world. Their massive power to bend and shape the land, to smooth out the juts and obstacles, to find path through and around hardships. To nourish the ground and all that lived on it. To bring along the memories of those drops that flowed no longer."

"To pass on and hold up new drops that they could see and come to understand."

"He now was one to chose paths, made choices and moved the current. He touched the land and made his own marks, he touched others and gave them what he knew. Over the years and river-bends he was ready to soak into the earth and learn something new."

"And then he looked back. And behind him was nothing."

Jancis says with emotion, "He looked side to side, and there was everything."

“You are not just the age you are. You are all the ages you ever have been!”

"Like the river, you are vast. You will find a way around and over obstacles, smoothing out the rough patches and growing in strength. Other rivers will join and never truly leave. All you have done is there with you. Learn from it, understand it. Share it."

Jancis smiles at everyone, "Pray keep that in your heart as you look to the top of your river, that you see the shining triumph of being simple and deep."

"Thank you."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-28-2015

Jancis beams a smile at Ciel, "Lady, please after these humble follower's words, will you share your voice with us alll?"
Ciel Wulfe gives Jonathan's hand a squeeze and then moves up.
"Take the show, Ciel!"

[Image: caliLCO.jpg]
"Hello again, my friends! As I look around there are more and more new faces each time we gather for one of these. Pray enjoy the Celebration."

"There are countless tales, told and written, in which the gods have left us with something important whether we knew it at the time or not. Gifts, lessons, sometimes these things are what they are, and sometimes the two are one and the same. Some of these things might have been born out of a sense of responsibility, while at other times, they were opportunities which came out of boredom, for even the gods become restless now and then."

"There was such a time when Thaliak looked around his massive library, which was also his home, and stood up from the desk at which he had sat hunched for aeons as he scribed down all he knew. And as the god of knowledge, that truly can take a while. He made his way through the labyrinth of tomes, and peered out a narrow window, past the heavenly gardens which sprawled outside, and into the world of mankind."

"He beheld the countless lives spread across many lands and nations, and while things remained relatively stable for the most part, he saw how fights broke out from time to time. Where borders met and resources ran thin, people clashed. Sometimes these fights were over far more petty things, such as wanting several heads of buffalo from a neighbor's herd, or even a sister's platinum dinnerware set."

"Thaliak saw clearly that people would fight each other simply because one had something the other wanted. Some had more than others, and the ones who had more would often push back and oppress those who did not. He sat back down at his desk and sank into deep thought, stroking his beard as he did so. A lesson was needed, and badly. He soon set to work collecting pieces from his library, heaping numerous tomes into one corner. He laid bare every shelf, packed all of the tomes into a sack, and set out into the world."

"And just how does one carry such a sack when it is filled to brimming with all the world's knowledge?"

"Well, he -is- a god, after all. Let's not over think it."

"Thaliak traveled to each of the nations and left them with an equal portion of each of his tomes as a test. If the mortals believed each nation having an equal portion was good enough, would they spare each other further conflict? Or would the realization that each portion taught something different prompt them to further confrontation?"

"Now, just as the gods can become restless, too, they may become sidetracked, but even these diversions are not without some importance. He soon remembered that spending much time among mankind made him hungry, and so he stopped for lunch somewhere in the Highlands and asked only for a dish of fresh fruit and a cup of tea. A young maid fulfilled this request, and Thaliak stared curiously at what was placed in front of him."

"'Milady?'" He asked tentatively. "'Pray, could you tell me, but what is this red fruit? In all my years, never have I seen this in a fruit salad.'"

"The maid seemed stunned, dare I say even -offended-, at her guest's seeming lack of knowledge. "'Why, that would be a tomato. It -is- a fruit, you see,'" the girl scoffed.

"Thaliak smiled at the maid and ate around the tomato, saving it for last. "'You are correct in that knowledge, dear child, however... wisdom is knowing this does not mingle well with other fruits.' Somehow this only seemed to offend the maid further, and she went off to tend to her other duties, and left Thaliak to finish his meal in silence."

[Image: ewHa7Au.png]

"Once he was finished, he looked around for the maid and couldn't find her. He shrugged to himself and left three fresh sprigs of rosemary on the table as payment, and then he took up the sack of tomes and moved on."

"It took an entire fortnight to deliver all the tomes to each of the nations, and once the sack was blissfully empty, Thaliak retired to his chambers to wait and watch again from his window. Time passed and not much changed. As expected the mortals did indeed clash, not for how much the others had, but for the variety of what they were given. Knowledge is power, and whoever possessed all of it would surely have power to not just fix all of the problems and ills of the world, but ruler-ship over all things."

"As the mortals warred with each other and the tomes were stolen by the stronger armies, Thaliak's library slowly restored itself. The same ones he had gifted to the mortals reappeared on his empty shelves while, in the world below, as the tomes were brought together they seemed to vanish as they merge together into a -single- tome which only grew larger and heavier with each one the soldiers claimed from neighboring lands. Eventually, only one of the nations succeeded in bringing all of them together. At last... all of the world's knowledge in one place, where it belonged."

"Thaliak looked around at his now full library and nodded. He ventured forth once more, this time to the nation which had proven victorious, and approached its leaders just as they opened the gigantic tome and found..."

♣♣♣

"...Nothing! Thousands upon thousands of pages, all of them devoid of a single drop of ink or smear of charcoal."

"'What manner of sorcery have you played upon us?!' they cried, pointing fingers at the old, bearded scholar."

"Calmly, Thaliak swept a hand toward the blank pages which caused more of them to turn without ever touching any of them. 'No sorcery, child, but a gift nonetheless, as I had given to all the lands. In trying to possess all they had, you have instead received the gift of wisdom, for no one man, nor one nation, can possess all the world's knowledge.'

'For all the knowledge in the world is worth less than nothing if it is not used for the sake of all who dwell herein.'"

Ciel finishes her tale and sweeps a bow.

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-30-2015

"Continuing with more inspiration, Lady Ameline, please step forward and share your words with us.

[Image: Pln33r1.jpg]

Ameline Valtin dips her head lightly to present company, "Such marvelous tales by Ladies Ciel and Jancis. I have but a humble bit of prose to offer, should you lend me your ears." She smiled.

Ever have I thought mine self a simple thing.
Oft to gaze on things that may -
-Seem vapid to those of learned means.
♣♣♣
Oft to quip mine self as daft;
Slow to speak yet nary meek -
Retorts of wit met with scorn and laugh.
♣♣♣
But once a wise one spoke unto me:
'To hear but words is for the birds;
'Discerning intent is what you seek.' 
♣♣♣
And as we gather here to praise the Wise;
I know wisdom transcends the simple 'what' and 'why'!

Ameline bows politely, "Thank you, kind souls of Eorzea! Wisdom be with you!"

V'aleera grins and claps enthusiastically, watching the woman with a gaze laden with admiration and curiosity.

"Thank you as always, Lady Ameline."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-31-2015

"This man has always shared his widsom with us and I am very honored he is here this day, to share wisdom... about wisdom."
Chuta grins. "Master Chuta the stage is yours." Vaughn chuckles.

Chuta Allfriend stands from his place in the audience, looking to and from. "I've got some thoughts to share, if'n no one minds me blabbin' on for a few." He grins and moves towards the front of the viewing area.

"It's kinda funny t' me tonight, that we're here to offer respect to a God of Knowledge." He cants his head to the side, grinning and looking around for purchase. "Does it strike anyone else a little odd, maybe?"
"It's an offering of belief to a deity of knowing. While the two are sometimes similar, they ain't the same. Knowin' the road to home ain't the same as hopin' it'll be safe tonight. So I'm at a little bit of an impasse tonight."
"In olden days, every little township used ta' have a wise man. We believed in things back then, too, gods and the Twelve and harvest spirits and the fae. But tha's not the same as... knowin'. Someone had to know how to tend the fields. Someone had to know how to raise the livestock. Someone had to -know.-"
"Believin's all well an' good. I believe in lotsa things. I know a little bit about some stuff, too. But the two of 'em, well... They don't always see eye to eye. I 'spect a God of Knowin' is amused at the idea of us believin' in somethin' ain't no one can prove."
"It's a funny thing, belief. Sometimes it does line up. Sometimes we do know the harvest'll be rich, even if we only know it because we believe it, and..."

Chuta pauses, catching himself. "See how that don't make -no- sense? Tha's what I meant about it bein' a funny thing. Some'a you are noddin' along with old Chuta, thinkin' 'yep, I done that m'self.' But it don't make a lick'a sense!"

"S'alright, ain't no one gonna laugh at ya'. After the initial laugh, I mean. We've all done it. We're all doin' it. We're all here tonight, believin' in someone who knows things. We believe he knows things. He'd've known we'd believe things."

Chuta glances around the crowd, an ear flicking. "Heard some funny thoughts tonight. Got me thinkin' about belief, and faith, and knowin'. It's alright, ain't no harm in doubtin'. We all got our doubts. Sometimes we think it's gon' rain, but it don't. Sometimes we think we're set for life, but we ain't."
"Sometimes we think, when all the bad stuff's happened and we're on our own, that tha's it. We done all we could, we took all the risks. We had -faith.- Faith ain't knowledge, though. Sometimes what we believe? Sometimes tha's jus' wrong. -Wrong.-"
"Sometimes we believe-" He catches himself, turning his head as someone about to be chastised by a parent. "-sometimes we -know- what's in store. We think so hard we know that the two of 'em are the same thing. Funny thing, though..."
"They ain't. None of us know what's in store. Sometimes we think we know, or we believe we know, or we know we believe. We don't, though. Knowledge is a fickle thing. Sometimes the light passes right on through like spring sun through cherry blossoms."
"I said las' month I was a lucky man. I know that. I believe it. Like I said, sometimes the two? They mingle. They look each other in the eye, and they see sometimes what we think and know and hope are all the same."
"Once, I thought I knew the future. I'd done my time, worked for it. I was wrong. And then I thought I knew the future again - knew what I'd lost. Knew what I'd never gain." He smiles despite the tone. "Wrong again."

♣♣♣

Chuta takes a deep, sobering breath and closes his eyes for a moment. Releasing it, he opens and smiles somewhat bashfully into the crowd.

"I'll quit bein' vague, I don't wanna lose you all to fallin' asleep on me. I know I ain't alone. I know I ain't doomed to that. And while I waited a month too long, I gotta know my faith is knowledge. Annunu Nunu, will you prove me wrong one more time and marry me?"

"... excuse me?"

Chuta nods at the crowd. "Don't worry 'bout them, princess."

"Yes, do not worry about us!" Amara gasps and grins. Leanne coughs a bit, widen eyes blinking in shock.Siha makes a soft, awww, noise.

"I figured you figured me out las' month. Surprise...?"

Annunu glances over self-consciously at the crowd. How can she not worry about them? Suddenly, she's part of a performance she'd been having trouble following. "I-it is a surprise, yes...B-but if you'll have me, yes, of course I accept."

Nathan stands and cheers with abandon. Bravaden sighed then clapped for a moment before getting up to leave. Leanne whistles, laughing. Ciel nudges Jonathan's arm.

Chuta beams, embraces her and scoops her. "Welp, I ain't got nothin' more to say to you folks. Thanks for havin' me!" He moves back over to the sitting area, beaming.

Jancis speaks, her voice clearly higher with excitement. "Thank you, Master Chuta!"

[Image: eINNlK3.png]

Jancis takes a minute for herself and the crowd. As she does, a guitar player comes up prepared to help assist in the next songs and performances.
Outside of the songs from the other bards, the guitar player plays simple background music.

[youtube]F3M4b1uOKZw[/youtube]

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 03-31-2015

"We have more reasons to celebrate this night. Lady Leanne, please come take the stage now and continue with our fanfare."

[Image: cwwS7Pr.jpg]

Leanne Delphium lifts herself, taking the stage with a expression of shock. Her words were slow. "I, well....give me a minute to gather my thoughts! And say grats to Mr. Chuta and Ms. Annunu. A match made in heaven." Chuta smiles and nods at Leanne.

Leanne takes a few extra seconds breathing. "May I say! What I will say today, perhaps you will already know! Perhaps you don't! But doesn't matter, because my objective today is to entertain you all!"

"Starting with three things...first. Life in itself is a teacher. There is not a single day where we get to attain the knowledge of something, minimal as it can be! Second...knowledge will not always be pleasant." she looks at Jancis, smiling. "Like the boy who discovered pain...certain things will not be as pleasant to know." Jancis beams back at Leanne.

Leanne grins. "And third....did you guys know that moogles love music? Like, they really, really love music? More than alcohol maybe!" she giggles, then whistles. "Okay guys, time to show up!" as she orders so, a bunch of moogles begin to materialize all over tree, all of them with different outfits and instruments. Leanne had summoned a moogle troupe! Beside her, four moogles appeared, waving.

"Being friend with moogles does have some advantanges.." Ojune's eyes widen at the display. Ilwe'ran tilts his head and smells the air, wondering if there is some alcohool attracting those moogles somewhere.

"Please...enjoy the show!"

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Leanne clears her throat and then falls to silence. That is, until the troupe of moogles come to life, prompting her to start dancing alongside her fellow friends, her voice marrying with the tune in a cheerful, upbeat song!

"This is the little journey of mine...!" Moogles chime in! ♪The Journey of her Life!♪ Leanne sings again. "I shall learn a yalm of stuff!" Then moogles appear! ♪Knowledge's rife!♪

Leanne beams brightly! "I will learn good things...!" ♪But not everything is nice!♪ she sighs despondently. "Nothing I can do, for such is the unavoidable price to learn..." overdramatically, she falls to her knees, moogles singing in unison over her! ♪Thaliak's path to life!♪

Leanne stands up, as a xylophone fades in. A moogle talks to her! ♪Leanne, that's how you start to walk!♪ she nods, mimicking him as both march in a silly manner. Another moogle appears. ♪Leanne, you should learn how write and talk!♪ Book and pencil fall from the sky onto her arms! A third moogle appears. ♪Leanne, eat this mushroom.♪ A dangerously colorful mushroom drops in front of Leanne, but as she was about to eat, a fourth one appears! ♪D-Don't eat the mushroom!♪

Leanne the moogle tackles mushroom and books alike, and making a mess on the floor, prompting Leanne to smile awkwardly.

Leanne suddenly has a bow and arrow falling on her. ♪Leanne, take this bow, learn how to shoot!♪ As she aims the arrow at nowhere, she is interrupted... ♪You shall be one of the greatest archers this realm has ever seen!♪ She grins! ♪Hey Leanne, shoot that morbol.♪ She nods, and takes the shot. But! ♪N-No, don't shoot the morbol, he will...eeeewww!♪ The fourth moogle chimes in too late. A bucket of a sweet fragrance drops over Leanne, prompting her to fall to the floor in disgust.

Leanne sits up, and a harp falls over her lap. ♪Leanne quick, learn to play and sing!♪ Before she starts to play! ♪Hmm, I think you're good enough.♪ Leanne looks bewildered. ♪Leanne, sprout wings and fly! Owch!♪ That moogle is hit in the head by another one. ♪She can't do that, she doesn't have wings, kupo!♪

Leanne stands up, resuming her smile! "This is the little journey of mine...!" ♪The Journey of her Life!♪ "I shall learn a yalm of stuff!" ♪Knowledge's rife!♪ the smile grows into a grin. "I shall learn good things...!" ♪But not everything is nice...!♪ Leanne winces, letting out a frustrated groan. "Nothing I can do, for such is the unavoidable price to learn..." she shakes her head... ♪Thaliak's path to life!♪

[Image: OKWluEi.png]

Leanne is approached by a moogle... ♪Leanne, love is a sweet thing! ♪ she nods! ♪But it can lead to a bit of pain and suffering! ♪ she shudders as the second moogle talks. The third comes in. ♪Leanne, get a lover.♪ She gasps, shaking her head! ♪Don't do it without choosing wisely!♪ she nods once again, sighing in relief.

Leanne is once more approached by the first moogle. ♪Leanne, loss is an inevitable thing...♪ Leanne looks shocked, shaking her head in denial. ♪You are bound to be sad somehow, sometime...♪ the second one chimws in as she drops on her knees, weeping. ♪Leanne, it's okay to cry...♪ the third moogle says, patting her back...then fourth one flies to her face, startling her into sitting! ♪But don't forget to eventually cheer up!♪

Leanne has her iconic hat and white coat fall on top of her!
♪Leanne, you're only a victor if you continue moving forward!♪ she nods, and starts garbing herself! ♪Don't forget, you have lots of things to be happy for!♪ she stands up, third moogle besides her pointing to the crowd! ♪Hat Girl, take to the road and gooo!♪ The fourth one giggles. ♪Yes, yes, ever forward, kupo!♪

Leanne and her friends all return to dance, a big smile on their faces! "This is the little journey of mine...!" ♪The Journey of her Life!♪ "I shall learn a yalm of stuff!" ♪Knowledge's rife!♪ she laughs. "I will learn good things!" ♪But not everything is nice!♪ Leanne sighs, shrugging. "Nothing I can do, for such is the unavoidable price to learn..." she smirks at her moogle companions, shouting alongside them! "♪Thaliak's path to life!♪"

Leanne and the moogles bow in sync!

[Image: dFCkYPd.jpg]

Leanne snickers and claps at her companions. "Thanks for helping me guys! I will deliver the alcohol later as promised!" the moogles happily talk to themselves. Alcohol, yay! They fly away with their instruments. One in specific pats the girl with a approving nod before vanishing.

"How the hell did she do that..." Leanne grins.

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-03-2015

"Would you honor us with a song?"

Oscare Iono steps up, relaxing. "Good evening everyone. I hope you're enjoying the show so far. I see tons of familiar and unfamiliar faces alike."

[Image: THq6kIn.jpg]

"Today we gather for the Celebration of Thaliak, the Scholar." Oscare opens the case strapped along his back, pulling out a reflective and shiny ebony violin. He brings it up to his chin.

"♪From morning till midnight, I can't find a reason; this world keeps on turning without a single motive;"
"♪The value of this life results to nothing much; even if I were to die -- nothing would change;"
"♪If it didn't matter either way, then I would stay; I'd choose life and I would die another day; because I know right now, if I were to die,"
"♪I would rather leave a bit of me behind..."

Oscare takes a deep breath, exhaling strongly. He stops for a whole two seconds, a blank look on his lavender eyes. He continues.

"♪And, I'm terrified, the future is unclear; in my own eyes, the past is dark;"
"♪'Why won't you go? It hurts so much', I call out; wishing my feelings would all be thrown all away;"
"♪If it didn't matter either way, both the same; I would laugh so I could cry another day,"
"♪And because of that, I know if I'm alone; I would rather laugh my time all away..."

Oscare continues into a harmony of no lyrics, the back of his feels shifting along with the rhythm. All of a sudden, a fast series of words roll right out smoothly.
"♪ 'I won't love myself unless I am flawless in every single thing I do,';"
"♪'Hesitating only shows how weak you are',"
"♪'Feelings only get in the way',"
"♪So then maybe you're in pain because you can't get back up now?"
"♪And you can't seem to be taking anymore?"

Oscare chuckles a little bit, his strumming elbow quivering a little bit. A slower strum follows a much more dreary and hesitant tone.
"♪Although emotions seem unnecessary; can you not feel something warm inside the tears?"
"♪Something way too hard to see... and always wobbly..."
"♪I think we all call it something like a 'heart',"

Oscare slows to a stop... looking up. His violet gaze glows once again, finishing his song without even looking at the string -- playing by heart.

"♪If it didn't matter either way, I'd never stray;"
"♪So I'd see if it was worth my while to stay; whether not I would cry today or maybe I'd laugh it all away,"
"♪I know I'd love that small life of mine the same..."
"♪And even you,"

"♪Never need to try and be someone else; just be you."
"♪'It's all fine'."
"♪'Am I fine?'"
"♪You're just fine!"

"♪And in time... you will find..."
"♪You're just fine..."
[Image: CrniaMo.jpg]

Oscare lowers the instrument and takes a bow. "Sorry. For any tears. Make sure you take care of yourselves, folks."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-03-2015

"We are very lucky to have you all here this eve and to share with one another. As we are lucky to have another story. This time from Master Ojune."  Jancis bows, smiling warmly at the man before clapping and moving away from the stage.
Ojune Wajune comes up, "Hullo everyone! I hope you’re all doing quite well today!" Vaughn chuckles. Ilwe'ran's ears perk in Ojune's direction and he smiles slightly. 

[Image: YV2e64e.jpg]

"Now, I’ve a tale for you today called ‘Hellfire Raptor Stew.’ As with many of my other stories I could use help in it’s telling. Especially for this one. -You- all get to choose how the story progresses!"
"There will be prompts in the story and I’ll just need you to yell out what you’d like to see happen next. The majority will win."

"All right. Lets begin." Ojune clears his throat before launching into the tale.

♣♣♣♣♣

The red-head was forced to move to the other side of the room as a sudden fit of coughing caused the middling aged woman to double over. Olivia looked back to the sudden cloud of dust she’d kicked up in her mum’s old library. The place had really fallen into disuse the last few years as her mum’s eyesight failed with age. It hadn’t even been a moon since her mum’s passing and Olivia still felt the loss heavily. So it’d been slow going to sort through her mum’s old possessions.

Peering down, Olivia examined the scroll in her hand. It was squished, having been jammed between two books on gardening, and the edges were yellowed and cracking. She untied the ribbon that held it together and carefully unrolled the brittle parchment.

Instead of the gardening trick or perhaps a recipe that she had expected, Olivia found a scroll that instructed: ‘Thaliak’s Grace and Guidance shall be granted with a pilgrimage to His prayer stone. Recite the following passage whilst kneeling before His stone. After which, rise, turn about, and head down the path until ye reach His river. Do not leave the path and ye shall be granted the knowledge ye seek.’

What followed was a rather short prayer to Thaliak that could be customized to asking for a particular bit of knowledge.

“What a flight of fancy…” Olivia shook her head, set the scroll aside, and went back to her cleaning of the library. What her mum had kept that nonsense of a scroll for, she had no idea. What she -actually- hoped to discover in this library, was a recipe her mum had invented called Hellfire Raptor Stew. The scroll had been a disappointment. However, this recipe had yet to reveal itself after suns more cleaning and cataloging of the entire cottage.

Hellfire Raptor Stew was a huge success even outside her small village and it was a comforting, if fiery, treat Olivia would miss. Yet it was the connection the stew brought between her friends, her family, and especially her mum that she’d miss the most. She knew most of the ingredients but some of the subtleties her mother used to prepare it was lacking.

The brittle old scroll and it’s prayer, however, persisted in her thoughts to distraction! Until she finally caved in and resolved that she would at least seek His stone on her way to Gridania soon. Hadn’t her mother made the pilgrimage to His stone several times herself? Perhaps it would make her feel closer to her and ease some of the ache in her heart.

[Image: s0UhKBL.jpg]

And so it was, two suns later, that Olivia found herself kneeling before the Mark of the Scholar, scroll in hand. She knew what she wanted and she began the prayer from the scroll. She was feeling awfully silly but she was alone. So what could it hurt?
“Thaliak, by your grace, grant me the knowledge of what I believe to be lost. The recipe of my mother’s design called Hellfire Raptor Stew. This Seeker of wisdom humbly asks that the path you set before me lead only to my wisdom and prosperity.” Surely Thaliak would grant such a simple thing?

When she finished she rose and turned about to find the path looked no different from when she’d arrived. What had she expected really? “This really is a flight of fancy. . . I hope mum heard me at least.” She sighed to herself and started walking back to the proper roads. Until it felt like over a bell late and the sun hadn’t moved and the path seemed to stretch on much further than she remembered.

“I should have reached the main path by now.” Her own voice little comfort. Frightened she begins to walk faster. Perhaps she’d simply misjudged the time it took to walk to the stone. That was until she realized that the path only grew more jungle like that in La Noscea and lost the crystalline quality of Mor Dhona. Then in the path she spotted an old trapper, dragging along a slain raptor by it’s feet.

The old hunter looked up from his toiling when he noticed her presence. His voice gravelly and broken with the wear of time, “Excuse me miss, might you help an old man out? My son usually helps me now-a-days but he’s off with the lass he fancies. I just need to string it up and get it cleaned. Then it will be far easier for me to manage.” He tapped the foot of the large raptor.

Olivia paused. Did she really have time to be helping a random stranger when the path was doing such odd things and she was expected to be in Gridania? Maybe he was dangerous! Yell out what you all think should happen! Leave? Help Partway? or Fully Help?

[Image: yak7Xat.png]

"ROB HIM!!"
"Fully Help!" "Fully Help!!" "LEAVE" "Fully Help!" "Fully Help!" "Fully Help!" A'rho smacks Faezbhar in the arm before answering "Fully help!" "Fully help!" Ilwe'ran smiles at the folks' yells but keeps silent himself. "Fully help!" "Fully help!" Ojune can't help but chuckle at the robbing comment. "Leave." "ROB HIM!" "That was not an option..." "Fully help." "Yelling!" chimes Iskierka at the end.
Ojune gives a nod continuing on.

Surely Olivia couldn’t just leave the old man. Time seemed to not be advancing normally anyroad. The sun still hung in the same place it was when she first left the stone. So what could it hurt? Tying back her skirts she helps hoist the raptor, feet first, from the limb of a tree. Olivia was quite careful to not step off the path herself. For her heart told her that would only lead to disaster. Olivia smiled to the man, “Pray rest, sir. I’ll make short work of this over-sized lizard.”

“Thank you, kindly miss. These old bones just don’t move like I’d like them to anymore. But with your help I’ll be able to get this back to my wife’s marinade. This lizard will be nice and tender come supper tomorrow.” The old man sat on a log nearby letting her borrow his leather apron, which held a hunting knife in a sheath.

Olivia deftly cut the beast from stem to stern and the mention of a marinade tugged at her memory. She’d watched her mother marinate the raptor meat but couldn’t recall much other than it was white. She inquired of the man, “What does your wife use to marinate raptor with, sir?”

This earned a chuckle from the old man, “Why buttermilk of course! Is there any other way? A half a cup of salt with fresh cracked peppercorns and half a cup of molasses for each gallon of buttermilk. Certain to soften up the meat of any ol’ lizard.”

Olivia nodded a few times, making mental note to try it one of these days. And perhaps that's what her mother had used? “Of course sir! It sounds quite delicious.”

And so they babbled for a short time until she’d finished her task and the cleaned, much lightened carcass would surely be easier for the old man to carry now. She was showered with the man’s thanks before the parted ways and now she on the path with the creature’s blood up to her elbows. Thankfully, the apron had protected her clothes.

Continuing along the path until she was back into the crystalline paths of Mor Dhona, Olivia kept a look out for something she could wash off in. Eventually she did come to a small stream that ran across the path she traveled. A quick wash later leaves her feeling much better and she unties her skirts. She is about to start walking again when she notices that the path ahead lead right to her mum’s cottage.

“Ooh now what.”
Olivia muttered aloud as she scanned the nearby area. Nothing else from around her mum’s cottage was there. Just the house, it’s chimney sending smoke rising into the open sky. The door stood right open in the center of the path to invite her inwards. But there was space on the path for her to go around the house.

Her eyes pricked with tears as she could smell bread baking. Something the cottage hadn’t smelled of since her mum’s passing. The realization made her ache. So Olivia debated her options. Give me a yell on what she should do! Go around? Or enter?

♣♣♣♣♣

"Its haunted. BURN IT DOWN." demands Memeli, Vaughn chuckles. "Enter!" "Enter!" "Aw, go on and Enter!" "Enter!" "Wark!" "Go around !" "Enter!" "Enter, looks fun!" "She must enter! She simply must!" "Enter!" "Enter, yes!" "DEFINITELY HAUNTED. INVESTIGATE." " Why do they always investigate voidsent unprepared?" "I say BURN!"

Steeling herself, Olivia decided she was going to see what was in the cottage. Upon entry she saw her mum, several years younger and bustling about the large kitchen. Her mum looked as Olivia remembered her from when she herself was only about twelve cycles. Large tears began to spill down her cheeks.

When her mother caught sight of her she immediately cooed, “Oh, Dumpling. Did that Darrus boy pick on you again? Come here and help mum cook. You tell me all about it.”

Biting her lower lip to hold back the sob she considered acting as she had at that age. Simply running through the house to the back gardens for a good cry. Or she could actually take her mum up on her offer. Lets hear you yell what you’d like to see her do. Does Olivia Stay? Or Run?

"Staay! She oughta stay!" "...Stay." "Stay! ...Unless her eyes were glowing red." "Stay" "... ... stay." "Stay." "Stay! Her mother means her no harm!" "Stay!" "Stay!" "Ask her about the afterlife and gods for science!" "Leave praise Rhaglr, Eorzeans..." Ciel elbows Jon. Jonathan grunts and Vaughn smirks at Jonathan. Jonathan piles his weight on Ciel partially as a response, meeting Ciel's stare, with a "But they should!" glare; Ciel frowns and mutters to Jon only for him to hear.

Hiccuping back the sobs she moves to her mother’s side. Her mother was treating her like she was twelve. How could Olivia bring up that the tears now were from her being dead and not this memory? “N-no mum. It was Zachary. He’s going on a date with Karrin.”

“Oh! I didn’t know you fancied him. Never-you-mind. If he’s got eyes for ones like that stuck up child then you’re better off without him.” Her mum hums while she finished cutting the seasoned raw dodo breast into bite sized pieces. “Brown the meat dear, while I cut up more vegetables for the soup.”

Given what Olivia knew of Zachary -now-, her mother would have been more than right. The thought made her smile a bit and she longed for this to last. She found herself wondering aloud, “Why do I brown it if I’m only going to boil it for soup?”

Her mum paused in her chopping to look back to her daughter in mild surprise. Olivia of twelve cycles had been going through a rebellious phase where she ‘hated’ cooking. But the look passed quickly and she smiled, “Because you get more flavor from the meat if you caramelize it first-- Oh! I seem to have forgotten to pick the rosemary. Will you be a dear and fetch me a sprig? I’ll watch the pan.”

Fresh tears sprung to Olivia’s eyes. She knew once she left the cottage, it would be gone. Her mum lost once more. Yet what was she to do? Stay here in this altered memory? She was a grown woman now, even though her mum didn’t seem to see it. And so she threw her arms around her mum, croaking out, ”I love you so much.” Before retreating out the back door to the crystalline path. Her mum’s amused tone following her from behind, “My word! I love you too, dumpling.”

Olivia didn’t look back.

[Image: NGBHvCD.png]

After she’d gotten her emotions under control, was when Olivia spotted the form made of fire just ahead. She’d seen the basic fire spirits before and this one seemed nothing like them. It twirled and flickered across the path in the loosest form of a person. She watched it move with an unnerving and enticingly beautiful grace. It finally paused it’s dance before the point Olivia stood transfixed, speaking in a voice that was neither man nor woman.

“Ye can see me, Child of Man? How strange. Strange indeed. Tis not oft I can converse to your kind.” It flickered excitedly, “A game then, Child of Man?” When Olivia withdrew, thinking the spirit would cast some sort of fire on her, the elemental laughed, “Ye have no need to fear! Your kind is fragile in form but occasionally fiery of wit! A game of the mind is all, Child. Riddles!”

This gave Olivia pause. She was torn as spirits could be fickle. What should she do? Should she refuse and run away, hoping the spirit wouldn’t burn her for escape? Or should she play this game and risk drawing the spirit’s ire with further talk? Run or Play? Yell out you answers now!

"Play!" "Play!" "Yes, yes. Play!" "Playyy~!" "Hmm...yes, play, play!" "Play! She can do it!" "Play indeed." "Play!" "She's still there?" "Jonathan! >.<" "Always play!" "Play. MAKE BETS." But she's going to die Ciel! Die from not thinking!"

The elemental flares brightly in it’s happiness, but Olivia barely felt any heat, “I’ll give ye a special prize when we’re done. For I have three for ye. Now the first riddle: ‘No legs have I to dance, No lungs have I to breathe, No life have I to live or die. And yet I do all three. Am I a: tree’s branch, a candle, or fire?’”

"A candle!" "Branch!" "Fire!" "Fire!" "fire!" "Fire." "Fire!" "Hmm...fire!" "Fire. FIRE! GAHAHAHA!" Ojune Wajune is a little afraid of Memeli after all this. "I believe it to be a candle? No, a fire!...Candle...?" "Candle."

Olivia was flustered but gave it some serious thought, weighing over the three provided options and the clues. A candle needed to breath but only when lit. It of course it couldn’t dance itself. It was easy to dismiss. The branch was more difficult. It did dance in the breeze. And it was the leaves of the branch that breathed. But it -was- very much alive. “Fire.”

It flared happily, “Very good, Child. I apologize if it was too simple. But it is my very favorite riddle and I couldn’t pass it by.”

The elemental twirls in place, “All right. My next riddle for ye is thus: ‘I cannot lie: I cannot lay, but only lie. What am I?’” What does Olivia choose? Yell me which you think it is! A politician, a stone, or a hunter.

"Hunter!" "Stone." "A stone!" "Stone." "Stone!" "stone!" "Everybody must say stone...." Cici chimes in, "... Politician." "Stone!" "Politician! EVIL SCUM! Hail the Sultana!" "I'm partial to hunter." "A...A p-politician!" "Politicians can certainly get laid as can hunters, I say stone." "The sultana is a politician!" "SHUT UP RHO." "NEVER!" "Of course it is a Politician, warrior of the pen and promise."

She worried at her lip a moment in thought. She knew it had to be either the stone or the politician. The hunter was just too odd. “Stone.” She found herself blurting out.

Instantly her heart sank as the elemental shimmered in what she took to be amusement, “Nay, Child. For only a politician fits that sort of contradiction.”

Tiny embers emit off the spirit, “One final one then, Child. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps? Am I: water, a river, or a flower?” /yell me which Olivia should pick!

"AHHHHHHHH. NOT THIS ONE! ...River." "River!" "River." "Thaliak's Grace be a River!!" "River!" "River!" "A river, for the occasion." "River~" "A river!"

Olivia blinked a few times as she gave it some serious thought. Water was easy to dismiss as it didn’t have any of those things itself. But flowers grew in a bed and had unweeping heads. Some had what looked like mouth and other ran tendrils along the ground. However, a river had all of those things at all times. She took a deep breath, hoping she chose correctly, “A river.”

A joyous flare from the spirit, “Yes! I didn’t trick you I find. It was a pleasure to see the fire of your wit!”

The spirit’s fiery form shimmered in amusement, “Not bad I suppose, Child of Man. Ye didn’t get them all correct but it twas a pleasure none-the-less. For your prize I shall tell ye some of what ye seek. A grated knob of ginger root, cinnamon sticks simmering in broth, and a spicy paprika oil will add a deep and flavorful spice to your dish.” And with that, it danced away off the path where she could not follow.

Olivia stood with her mouth agape before she finally took action to scribble down her new found knowledge before she forgot it. She wondered aloud, “How much of each? What exactly is spicy paprika oil?” She tapped the back of the quill to her chin as she continued walking, before adding quietly, “And -what- does a fire spirit know of food anyroad?”

♣♣♣♣♣

She rounds the next bend and discovers another Thaliak stone. Only this one stood small and understated before the crystal clear ethereal waters of the river that flowed before her. It took her a moment to notice the writing at the base of the stone, ‘Should you truly need more insight, seeker of knowledge, drink from these waters and more will be made clear.’

Olivia considered the words a moment. There were things she didn’t quite understand. Like the quantities. So she kneels and cups the cool water in her palms and drinks deep.

She now heard the strange voice of the spirit, “Knowledge is just facts. Wisdom comes from experimentation of those facts. Ye think things through and the answer shall be there.” It was right of course. She had some of the and just needed to look into them and experiment.

Her mother’s voice whispers softly as she had done after a childhood nightmare, “Knowledge isn’t always easy to obtain. It often takes perseverance, dumpling.” She could almost feel warm arms about her and felt a pang of loss for not staying longer at the cottage to learn what her mother had to tell her.

When her eyes opened again, Olivia realized she could no longer hear the burble of the river and noticed she was kneeling before the stone in Mor Dhona, scroll still clutched in her hand. Her gaze sought the sun and she noted that it was only a bit past noon still. She rose to her feet and made her way towards the Twelveswood.

[Image: IgFr0QW.png]

"Proof to just report it to the prepared..." Jonathan side glances Ciel just in time as she sticks her tongue out at Jonathan. "Thank you! Our adventure story from Master Ojune!"

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-05-2015

"And now, to end our night here by Thaliak's stone, I welcome up Lady Lottie, Lord Vaugh, and Master Telluride!"

[Image: taPdoeN.jpg]

Vaughn Antain sheepishly walks up. Ojune claps for the trio. Lottie Forsaidh throws an excited smile at Vaughn, opening an arm to beckon him closer.
Nathan Telluride joins them, "My thanks to you, good squires and dames, for spending this evening with us in our humble tribute to the Scholar, and for resisting the urge to leave early, for like all teachers, Thaliak can get exasperated with those who can't remain all through class."

"It is a tribute to Louisoix, Thaliak's finest follower, and how his knowledge and sacrifice have made it possible for us to live, learn, think and even breathe to this day."

Nathan strums an opening note, and sets a heavy beat going; the song emerges as much like a chanted prayer as anything else, and he taps his boot-heel to the crystal ground in accompaniment.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

♪ Standing all alone, upon a mesa, there at Carteneau, looking down.. ♪
♪ At Garleans below: a bloody battle, lit up from above, as fire falls ♪
♪ Upon us all... ♪

Vaughn sings, a light tenor resonating a somewhat feminine tone.
♪The valley is a dance of grim destruction ♪
♪Warriors of Light, leading the charge ♪
♪Terror in the sky, a moon is falling in fireball ♪
♪Winged death we saw ♪
♪Where is Louisoix? ♪

♪Twelve Preserve us...♪
Lottie opens her arms to demonstrate her voice, expression knitting with worry. ♪Moon above us, burning, falling...♪
♪Flames engulf us; who will save our home?♪

♪ Nightmare in the skies, come down from orbit; murder in its eyes, annihilation. ♪
♪ Hope is almost lost, 'til on the mesa, cyan sphere appears, hope comes to all, ♪
♪ From Louisoix ♪

♪Challenge is accepted, and Bahamut hovers in the sky ♪
♪Scions praying ♪
♪Calling to the gods, for our deliv'rance ♪
♪Binding force collapses; one final thought ♪
♪Haunts Louisoix ♪

♪Twelve Preserve Us... ♪
♪Conflagration, burning, falling...♪
♪Desperation, who will save our home? ♪

♪ Wagering his life, a final gambit: Heroes bathed in light... are seen no more... ♪

♪Cycles five have passed: A world in mourning ♪
♪Who could realize they're alive? ♪
♪No one understands what Louisoix's done ♪
♪Warriors of Light have come back home ♪
♪From Carteneau ♪

♪ Sun above us, shining, warming, memories empty, coming, coming, ♪
♪Sun above us, shining, warning, memories empty, coming, coming, ♪
♪ Moon above us, burning, falling, memories scalded, seeking home... ♪

♪Home. ♪ ♪Home.♪ ♪ Home! ♪

"Thank you all!"

(This is our tribute to FFXIV's opening cinematic, with a classic song to frame it)

[youtube]Jt-R5hj_lWM[/youtube]

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-05-2015

[Image: pPEZGH7.jpg]

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa pets his chocobo carrying a heavy box "There, you're a good boy"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa paces about in silent then leans against a column, waiting.
 John Waterstrike drops his eyes from the huyr and rummage in his pack. Pulling out a piece of toast and a paper. "Dad said that pilgrims were to meet here," he said, going over the map.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa 's ears turn in the man's direction and he coughs lightly "Your father is right, Sir, we're going to escort the folks who need up to Mor Dohna" His voice is soothing and smiles slightly as he speaks
 John Waterstrike turns to the miqo'te, his face still slightly pale from the sickness that he had just recover from. "Thank you. I fear I missed it."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa You're welcome, I'm waiting for those I shall accompany, I believe some more will gather soon
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa doesn't comment about his obvious pale face
 John Waterstrike nod. "My thanks."
 Ojune Wajune glances about the aetheryte platform, regaining his bearings before spotting Ilwe.
 Ojune Wajune "Ah! The lad from the drinking contest!"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Sir Ojune..
 Ojune Wajune "Hello, Ilwe. You're doing well, friend?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa offers a pale smile to Ojune, it's visible that he's trying to hide something "Somehow" he half whispers.. "What about you ? I didn't come to see you since last pilgrimage."
 Ojune Wajune "Can't complain too much I suppose. But other than a night of far too heavy drinking I haven't been able to get out much."
 Ojune Wajune motions to John, "I competed against this fine young man in a drinking contest." Smiles to John, "I apologize, I don't quite recall your name."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa looks at the new person and nods to him before looking back at Ojune and John "Drinking contest ?"
 John Waterstrike he bow to Ojune and gave a small smile. "John Waterstrike, Sir Ojune," he said, nibbling on the tasteless toast.
 Mikh'a Korofi scents the air and looks around.
 Mikh'a Korofi slips in closer to the little group gathered, his ear twitching curiously. He inclines his head around the bird - demon bird as he knows it is, to look at them.
 Mikh'a Korofi gives an awkward little wave. "A-ah. Hi."
 Ojune Wajune beams a smile up to Mikh, "Hello, friend!"
 Mikh'a Korofi smiles at Ojune. "Hello."
 Ojune Wajune "A pleasure to properly make your acquaintance, Mr. John." gives a bow before turning his attention back to Mikh'a, "And you sir, are you coming to the pilgrimage?"
 Mikh'a Korofi looks down at Ojune and nods. "I am, and so are my friends. I'm just looking in here before I move forward, I just wanted to check with my people here. I'll see you soon though, I should hope?"
 Ojune Wajune "We should all probably be departing here shortly. I look forward to seeing you there."

♣♣♣

Locke Fairwind "There's a familiar face. Here for the second pilgrimage, I take it?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods slightly "Yes, accompanying people seems to be the best idea"
 Locke Fairwind "So we're both here for the same reasons once more. Pleasure working with ya again, though I'm afraid I can't quite recall your name."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa blushes a bit, remembering that he, in fact, never even said his name "Ilwe'ran.. Just call me Ilwe"
 Locke Fairwind "Ilwe, huh? Good to meet ya, again. The name's Locke, but if you'll excuse me I'm gonna sit down and take a load off before we go."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods to Locke, associating his face and name before doing the same for John and turning to Mikh'a, listening his conversation with Ojune
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa speaks softly to Ojune "I took some clothes again for those who might need some"
 Ojune Wajune spies a familiar form on a bench in the distance. He smiles back to Ilwe and John, "Pardon me a moment."

♣♣♣

Mikh'a Korofi "Ah! Kanaria..!"
 Mikh'a Korofi bows awkwardly, he has nooo finesse.
 Mikh'a Korofi looks up at Kanaria. "You and Siha alright here? I'm going on ahead to meet Kahn'a."
 Mikh'a Korofi "I'll see the both of you soon, be careful."
 Mikh'a Korofi "And safe travels to all of you." he adds in another awkwardly stupid bow.
 Mikh'a Korofi "Cliodhna." he says as he passes.

♣♣♣

Cliodhna Eoghan Walks up to Ilwe, giving him a soft smile before crouching down. "Glad to see you here...." Murmurs in his ear.
 John Waterstrike looking around, he spots Cliodhna coming up too them. He gave a smile wave.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa 's voice is barely a whisper as he sees Cliodhna "I'm glad to see you" he just says
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles a slit "You're there for the pilgrimage ?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Gives his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You know you didn't have to come today...but it does make me happy seeing you." Pauses. "I've been concerned but thought your space was more important than banging down your door to check in. Yeah....Erik thinks I could use some religion in my life." Chuckles.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa sighs softly, his face showing now more visibly his sadness "I'll be fine.. Mavra is taking care of the children while I'm here and I can't just stay away from the world and expecting it to wait for me to be better.. Right ?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Gives his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You know you didn't have to come today...but it does make me happy seeing you." Pauses. "I've been concerned but thought your space was more important than banging down your door to check in. Yeah....Erik thinks I could use some religion in my life." Chuckles.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Pauses and leans over to pull Ilwe into an one arm hug. "No you can't, but you shouldn't push yourself too far either if you're not ready." Makes a slight frown, concern evident in her features.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa is surprised by the woman's gesture as his ears perking and his tail switching once show it. Though doesn't reject the movement, actually leaning a bit in her direction. He sighs "I can't do a thing about what happened and she wouldn't like me secluding me.."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Releases him after a couple of moments; the action almost a surprise to herself as well. She hadn't meant to do that, but Ilwe just looked like he needed the extra comfort and she acted. "Both these things are true, you also have children that need their father and you need to do your best to take it one day at a time. I know it hurts really bad but it will heal in time. Not sure when, but it will. Just remember that." Gives his shoulder another light squeeze before dropping her arm gently.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods a bit to Clio "I.. Really appreciate it.. Your words.." He sighs
 Cliodhna Eoghan "It'll take some time dear, that's all I can say but you know I'm here if you need someone to talk to about it." Stands and hold out a hand for Ilwe, intent on pulling him to his feet. "Come on, We better get this party rolling."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa lets her do and nods "Thank you.. Really. For everything"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Smiles. "Of course." Replies simply. "Did everyone get their clothes that needed it?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Not yet. I should just see if anybody needs some around
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods. "Good plan. I won't be needing a coat this time." Chuckles lightly. "Still can't believe I had forgotten mine last time."

♣♣♣

Ojune Wajune "Angora! Why are you hiding clear back here?"
 Angora Khilo chuckles, "I only found a open place to sit, I didn't mean to be hiding."
 Ojune Wajune grins up at her, "There is plenty of bench space over near the others. I'm surprised to find you here, I heard you'd been sick?"
 Angora Khilo scratches her head, "A-A bit, yes. After I joined you all last time, I didn't want to miss again." She smiles and nods.
 Ojune Wajune "You'll be all right in Mor Dhona? The crystals can play havoc, especially to one already feeling unwell."
 Ojune Wajune grins up at her, "There is plenty of bench space over near the others. I'm surprised to find you here, I heard you'd been sick?"
 Angora Khilo "I'm honestly not sure, Master Ojune. Mrs. Daphine has had me on house arrest for suns now." She chuckles and shrugs.
 Ojune Wajune "Hm. . . In that case it's better safe than sorry, yes? Stay close to the fairy and she'll help absorb the stray aether in the area."
 Angora Khilo "Easy enough. Is anyone else from the Rose joining us tonight?"
 Ojune Wajune "I was hoping mister Vaughn was at least going to arrive."
 Ojune Wajune "Oh! Ciel should be arriving as well."
 Angora Khilo "That's good to know." Angora winces a bit as she stands, brushing herself off a bit. "Would you like to move back to the group? I wouldn't want to keep you away from them."
 Ojune Wajune glances about the assembled group, "We really should be heading to Mor Dhona."
 Ojune Wajune smiles, "I'll be going ahead a bit to scout the path.

♣♣♣

John Waterstrike turns back to the pack and pulls out some water, sipping slowly.
 Yhisa Chasleide approaches the clustered people with some curiosity. " I heard there was to be some sort of.. pilgrimage..." she begins. Looking between the assembled miqo'te with some curiosity.
 John Waterstrike wave to the miqo'te. "Yes, this is the place.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa looks up at the miqo'te and forces a smile before answering to her, his voice soft and soothing "You're at the right place Lady"
 Yhisa Chasleide nods. "Thank you, for not turning me away."
 John Waterstrike frowns. "Why should we turn you away, Madam."
 Yhisa Chasleide thinks a moment before responding after some thought. "I have discovered that pilgrimages, tend to form clusters of people, and its hard to gain entry. I suppose, but then again I am usually surprised by the kindness of others lately."
 John Waterstrike looks around at the change in weather. He shiver at the 'chill' and gloom that.
 Yhisa Chasleide "Clothing? You're giving away clothing? I have not received any such garments.."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles at the miqo'te "Yes, I have a few if you need something. Some boots, pants and different vests"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Gives John a small wave. "How have you been?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa picks some clothes out of the box carried by his chocobo and gives a package to the miqo'te "Here, this should do"
 John Waterstrike the slight pale face might give Cliodhna an idea. "Sick. I caught a stomach aliment while helping at the clinic."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Turns her mouth into a light frown. "Oh dear...Are you sure you're able to go? You don't want to push yourself if you're feeling sick..."
 John Waterstrike nods a little. "It's while Kit is out." He point to the carbuncle. "I'm just weak and she's supporting me."

♣♣♣

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa We should get going now, the road is long up to Mor Dohna
 Locke Fairwind "Here for the pilgrimage, I take it?"
 Locke Fairwind "Good thing I decided to pick my traveling boots to this event."
 Locke Fairwind "Mor Dhona... Not too far from here, though the path will only get more dangerous from here on out."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-07-2015

"That concludes our celebration of the Scholar! You are all welcome to stay and touch Thaliak's stone if you like, Lady Iskierka and I are here to speak to if you have blessings and prayers to give."

[Image: m2NJGNU.png]

Lottie Forsaidh leans forward to pet fondly at the couerl kitten.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Makes her way to Nathan and Lottie. "Lovely song, I haven't heard you sing in a while, Lottie."
 Lottie Forsaidh "It's ... most certainly not something I've done within the open before but thank you, Miss Clio! I was a bit nervous."
 Nathan Telluride "Cliodhna! Looking well, my dear, looking well!" He nudges Lottie. "She's officially a bard now."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Smiles. "It was wonderful, no need to be nervous" Chuckle. "Is she? I hope to hear her again then!"
 Lottie Forsaidh "Maybe with a drink or two I might have as much courage as you!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Giggles. "I'm sure you won't have a problem with that considering your company."
 Nathan Telluride stretches out, and sets his hand on Lottie's shoulder. "You've earned a hit of the king of drinks, my dear, after that wonderful performance."
 Lottie Forsaidh elbows Nathan lightly, a wide grin meeting her lips.
 Lottie Forsaidh "You've a point, Miss Clio! I'm happy you could make it."
Cliodhna Eoghan "Me too. Erik was intending to come along as well but had some last minute Sworn duties...
 Lottie Forsaidh "Next time, for certain!"
 Nathan Telluride "And speaking of the king, let me call him to the court!" He pulls a flask from his hip, and opens it. "Guess who I brought with me?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan "I hope so." Glances to Nathan, quirk of a grin on her tinted lips. "That Jack by chance?"
 Nathan Telluride nods. "Jack hereby declares Lottie a bard before the finest ears in Eorzea, and will have his proclamation drunk to!" He takes a pull, and offers it to the two ladies.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Laughs and lets Lottie take the flask first. Was her celebration after all. "Thought so!"
 Lottie Forsaidh "Oh no, you first, Miss Clio! You two have such an affair and all."
 Lottie Forsaidh smiles, passing the flask over.

♣♣♣

Nathan Telluride glances at Leanne. "And that was a fine show if I ever saw one, Miss Delphium. Jack commends you, too!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Chuckles. "He just likes to sneak into my life from time to time" Though protesting, she takes the offered flask before turning to Leanne "Yes that was so cute to watch!"
 Leanne Delphium chuckles. "Glad you liked! Took a bit of coercing for them to come this far from Gridania...worth it, though!" she nods, beaming. "Also, I loved your song. Louisoux is a person I respect rather deeply."
 Nathan Telluride "That canny old spell flinger deserved recognition here, for certain."
 Leanne Delphium nods. "Indeed he did....o-oh, pardon my manners." she addresses Lottie, smiling. "You must've heard my name, but if you didn't...Leanne Delphium. Seasoned Adventurer!"
 Leanne Delphium "Also known as Leanne of the Fancy Hat! A pleasure!"
 Nathan Telluride "Ah, no one should do introductions without Jack's approval! Let the flask be passed!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Takes a swig from the flask before offering it to the three.
 Lottie Forsaidh "And what a fancy hat indeed, miss! I feel almost -embarrassed- to having just come wearing this old thing..." She mentions the head ornament and bows.
 Lottie Forsaidh "A pleasure, Miss Delphium. I am Lottie Forsaidh. It's a pleasure to meet you at last. I've heard so much of you."
 Leanne Delphium snickers, then blinks, ears flicking in confusion. "Who is Jack?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grins. "Jack is amazing and you need to meet him. " Passes the flask over to Leanne.
 Nathan Telluride arches his brows, and glances at the flask being passed around. "Madjack Red, a rum reserved for the finest people and occasions, and known to make women more happy than a shopping spree in Uldah!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan He's right!
 Leanne Delphium blinks."....Ah." she takes the flask, snickering. "Hmm...well, for me, I'd rather go adventure than shopping...but oh well! A pull doesn't hurt." she chuckles, then does as she said, pulling a light amount of alcohol into her throat, sighing afterwards before offering the flask to...anyone.
Cliodhna Eoghan Atta girl!" Cheers
 Lottie Forsaidh smiles contently, observing Leanne take a sample of 'Jack'. "Adventures do seem more appetizing than shopping, mm?" She finds Nathan with a familiar wink.
 Nathan Telluride reaches for the flask, if he's fast enough to beat the hands of a white witch or the fastest Rum-snagger on the continent.
 Leanne Delphium lowers her hand as soon as someone snatched the flask. "Hmm...I'd say that was the best pilgrimage yet."
 Leanne Delphium "Everyone was very creative in their approach...!"
 Nathan Telluride "If your Moogle friends ever want to test the effects of sublime dizziness on their flight paths, my dear, this is the drink to do it." He takes an overly fast pull before offering it back around.
 Cliodhna Eoghan chuckles and motions for Lottie to grab the flask. "You haven't had any yet!"
 Leanne Delphium "Aaah...I shall talk with one of them when I travel to the Shroud. For now, Buscarron's mead will do very nicely!"
 Leanne Delphium "...Actually, I think some people will be angry cause they will go through the entire stock..."
 Leanne Delphium looks away, whistling.
 Lottie Forsaidh takes the flask from Clio and smiles shyly, taking a light pull from the drink. "Mmm." Her expression winces from the favor, sparing only a light cough. "Goodness."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grins. "Thare you go!"
 Nathan Telluride "Oh, I give Buscarron his due, and we might see him yet drained of stock, but drink were you are, in times of celebration." He looks to Lottie. "Jack seems to like your kiss."
 Ojune Wajune reaches over to pat the man's shin, "What's got you so down? Was it Nathan's tribute song?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Motions with her hand. "You'll have to excuse me a moment, I need to find Jancis."
 Lottie Forsaidh "He reminds me of you; too strong and overwhelming at times."
 Lottie Forsaidh shoves at his chest with a laugh.
 Nathan Telluride wrinkles his nose. "I'm like... Jack? Twelve, you're going to make me blush yet, love."
 Lottie Forsaidh "Of course, Miss Clio."
 Leanne Delphium "Have a lovely day, Ms. Clio..!"
Cliodhna Eoghan I'm sure I'll be seeing everyone again soon. We need another hot springs party!
 Nathan Telluride bites his lip. "Leave it to Cliodhna to threaten a hot spring party as she's walking away..." He shakes his head. "Now, where were we.. Yes! Congratulating two of the finest ladies of music in Eorzea, even if one says she must depart."
 Leanne Delphium chuckles. "I shall not disturb the two lovebirds any further. I need to talk with a few other friends...and that thing in the background in teasing my adventuring soul!" she points to Midgardsomr, coiled around the forsaken garlean ship.
 Lottie Forsaidh tilts her head curiously, taking note of where she was pointed.
 Lottie Forsaidh "Oh! You .. want to journey there?"
 Leanne Delphium smiles, bowing to Lottie and Forsaidh. "Thanks for the compliments. I'd say I'm undeserving of such, yet, once more, my thanks!"
 Lottie Forsaidh "None in the least, m'am. You are everything the rumors said you were."
 Lottie Forsaidh offers a warm smile.
 Nathan Telluride "Leanne, go spread your hat's gospel among the populace, then. Your public needs you... Kupo."
 Leanne Delphium "Rumours..." she blinks, curious, her curiosity broken by the kupo. "I shall...!" giggling, she tips her hat, and walks away!

♣♣♣

Cliodhna Eoghan Hangs back, waiting patiently for Jancis to get a moment. Attention half split between her and straining to hear Ilwe from concern.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Steps a bit closer as the others seem to have finished.
 Lottie Forsaidh "Where to?"
 Nathan Telluride takes a quick look around. "The crowd cleared out fast enough... but then, sitting on crystal is bad for anyone, after awhile."
 Lottie Forsaidh "We can go into town then, if you prefer."
 Nathan Telluride "We should at least give our regards to Lady Milburga, first."
 Lottie Forsaidh "You are absolutely right!"
 Lottie Forsaidh "Is she terribly busy?"
 Nathan Telluride rubs his chin. "Well, if we end up fighting over Jancis, that would make a fine song, yes."
 Lottie Forsaidh "We'll all go!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Chuckles. "Fair enough..." Starts to walk with them to Jancis.
 Jancis Milburga bows deeply to Ilwe'ran, who took the advantage! "Happy to see you once again. I did get your letter."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Seems we waited a bit too long.
 Lottie Forsaidh pokes at Clio, "Because you were standing here, being a wallflower!"
 Nathan Telluride "Oh, I don't know. This sounds promising."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Glances back to Lottie. "A rare thing, I assure you. "
 Nathan Telluride takes another quick pull from the flask before shaking it, and offering it to his left.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grabs the flask and takes a pull, eyes still on Ilwe.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Looks back over to Nathan. "Want this back?" Shakes the flask idly, indicating there's still some left.
 Nathan Telluride sucks on his lower lip. "I...think Lottie should finish it. For the occasion."
 Lottie Forsaidh swats at his arm, "No no."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods. "I agree." Holds it out for Lottie.
 Cliodhna Eoghan I'm sure he'll carry you off again if you have too much...
 Lottie Forsaidh flees from the scene! "Nooo!"
 Nathan Telluride "Jack... doesn't handle rejection well."
 Cliodhna Eoghan "I'm sure he'll find someone to mend his broken heart." Grins.
 Nathan Telluride whips his head around to look at Clio. "You! You drew him in with kisses to the bottleneck and sweet promises!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Holds her hands up. "Not my fault he was drawn in by a pretty package but wasn't enough to handle me!"
 Lottie Forsaidh smiles, observing the two and feels it safe to approach again!
 Nathan Telluride heaves a heavy sigh. "Such is the fate of too many of Eorzea's most invigorating types... come on strong, taken in by a promising pair of lips... only to be roundly cursed come the morning."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Casts a sidelong glance curiously, hearing a familiar name. "Of course...That's the fate of most men, isn't it?" Turns back to Nathan, giggling again.
 Nathan Telluride folds his arms. "It's why Jack and I often have little chance to move while the company is fresh, warm the blood and the cheeks, and sneak in our best effects before the night ends."
 Nathan Telluride winks at Lottie.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Wags a finger at Nathan. "That is a devious plot, Lottie you should be careful of him!"
 Nathan Telluride gasps.
 Lottie Forsaidh "Isn't he just the worse? already foiling a plan to hatch against me."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods in agreement. "You're a saint for loving him."
 Nathan Telluride bats one of the glowing spirits from his face. "Sneaky devils, blinding with beauty, only to lure men to their dooms... and those plasmoids are a nuisance, too!"
 Lottie Forsaidh 's cheeks darken dramatically and finds it difficult to meet Nathan's face, "I suppose I am."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Chuckles at both their comments. Unsure which was funnier at the moment.
 Cliodhna Eoghan I do believe you're blushing Lottie...
 Lottie Forsaidh "I am not! Both of you, stare at something else!"
Cliodhna Eoghan You'll have to make it up to her for me later.
 Lottie Forsaidh throws Clio a playful stare.
 Nathan Telluride "It's hard not to blink at these little blue monsters."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Shakes her head at Nathan. "You might go blind if you stare too long....We best get over there if we wish to speak to Jancis before more crop up."

[Image: X5FGYH4.jpg]

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa 's ears flatten a bit as so many people comes around and he looks uncomfortable he bows slightly to Jancis "I think I should let you with.. All those people, they seem to want to talk to you"
 Jancis Milburga "As you like. Travel safely, Master Ilwe'ran. I will come find you on the new morn."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa moves back, listening to her "Thank you."
 Nathan Telluride pulls his hat down. "The Milburga Mafia are watching you, sir," He says to Ilwe'ran.
 Leanne Delphium giggles. "Mr. Telluride...!"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Mil.. Mafia..?
 Nathan Telluride "We carry big... instruments."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa looks confused
 Ojune Wajune snickers quietly at Nathan.
 Jancis Milburga "Master Telluride you are as much of a jester as you are a singer."
 Leanne Delphium "I carry a hat. I didn't forget your silly question back in coerthas, Mr. Il..."
 Jancis Milburga "Perhaps more so!"
 Leanne Delphium narrows her eyes. Grrrr expression. Grrr.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa doesn't seem to understand at all
 Nathan Telluride "We'll be watching." He tips his hat, and grins."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Shakes her head at Nathan. "How much Jack have you had?"
 Leanne Delphium snickers.
 Jancis Milburga looks at Ilwe'ran with good humor. "He is a dear friend and is being jovial with you. Truly."
 Nathan Telluride "I've not had.. jack of Jack."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Oh..
 Cliodhna Eoghan Raises a brow. "Really? You need to fix that once you get home or find an inn."
 Jancis Milburga gathers many flower paper journals in her arms, each a different hue and color.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Gives Jancis a smile. "I just wanted to express Erik's regret for being unable to attend today." Curiously eyeing the books in her arms. "What are those for?"
 Nathan Telluride "Well, perhaps we'll discuss those details later, but it is still the Lady Milburga's event, and her show."
 Leanne Delphium smiles gently, about ask the question, yet Clio was faster.
 Jancis Milburga "Surely Sir Myhnier is with you in spirit and whatever he is doing enables us all to celebrate this day. I made some journals for everyone to take with them. A little token to remember and store your own precious knowledge."
 Lottie Forsaidh "A journal..?"
 Jancis Milburga nods at Lottie, holding out one with lavender buds in the paper.
 Leanne Delphium smiles awkwardly. "I'd take one...but I have already an awfully sizeable journal."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Smiles gently. "I like to think that way. Helped when we were apart in the past. Still he was a bit disappointed he was unable to attend as planned tonight, but Sworn have their pull on his time."
 Lottie Forsaidh takes the journal with a slow grasp and smiles at the image of lavender buds, "It's very lovely, Lady Jancis. Thank you." She tucks it closely beside her.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Motions to the books. "I'd like to take a couple if it's alright? I know we both can always use more writing paper."
 Jancis Milburga nods, shuffling to give Clio two of them, random vibrant colors on one, a more subtle blue on the other, "Is always good to have a place to store your own precious knowledge."
 Jancis Milburga beams a smile at Lottie, "You are welcome. I think it is fitting for you. Do you agree, Master Telluride?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods, happy with Jancis' color choices. "True enough, my work book is a bit big to tote around sometimes."
 Jancis Milburga "A work book? Forgive me, Lady, I am not even sure what work it is you do."
 Nathan Telluride looks over the book, tapping his chin. "Quite exquisite, and a fitting gift for the occasion."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grins. "You know about airships? Short answer is I work on those."
 Jancis Milburga steps back, pulling out a red and orange style book with feathery petals. smiling to hand it to Leanne.
 Lottie Forsaidh "And she has one for you, too."
 Jancis Milburga "That is a short answer! You give people wings!"
 Lottie Forsaidh places a hand against his arm, "Go on." She shoves, teasingly.
 Leanne Delphium "Aah! But...ah, well...might as well have another journal...in case mine finally run out of pages." she snickers. "Hmm...I shall not stay any longer. Time for me to go on my self-imposed adventure. Ms. Jancis, hope you were happy with the pilgrimage...!"
 Nathan Telluride "But... my crippling shyness, love..."
Cliodhna Eoghan After a fashion I suppose, but I work in Erik's flame unit specifically.
 Jancis Milburga "Your song and entourage was delightful, Lady Leanne. And here you are with a hat. I should have known. You were tricky before on Saint's Wake with that mask."
 Leanne Delphium grins. "Gotta retain my mischievous bone...! With that said, may you all have safe travels...!"
 Jancis Milburga "You as well!"

♣♣♣

Nathan Telluride grits his teeth together, briefly, at something, but shakes it off in a pleasant grin.
 Jancis Milburga looks curiously at Cliodhna, "That must take a lot of time and attentiveness. Does it ever become mundane? Forgive me, it sounds so important."
 Jancis Milburga shifts through what few remain of the journals and finds one with lemongrass and brownish petals pressed into the paper. Looking over that the couple, she offers it to Nathan.
 Nathan Telluride peers at the journal, and accepts it calmly. "For that touch of woodiness?"
 Jancis Milburga "It seems kind of free-spirited. As the wind would take it. With a little bit of sour sweet, never know how it will start, but will always end well, Master Telluride."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Shakes her head, smile spreading on her features. "Oh no, I love spending time with the upkeep and making sure that everything is working correctly. I've actually started trying to figure out how to further increase the efficiency of Ceruleum use compared to power output. My figuring so far has been it needs to rework the converter as the main piece, currently they're made from a mythril alloy that's combined with-" Stops abruptly. "I'm sorry....I tend to get a bit over eager on the topic...
 Cliodhna Eoghan Needless to say, I don't find it boring.
 Nathan Telluride grins widely. 'The Lady is as much a poet as a celebrant, and in that spirit do I accept it."
 Jancis Milburga widens her eyes at Clio, as if trying to take in everything the lady says, her own lips following along.
 Jancis Milburga "Thank you. As always, you find a lovely avenue of history or thought to put into song."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grins a bit sheepishly, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.
 Lottie Forsaidh seemed lightly surprised by Clio's statement, sharing a shy smile of her own upon realizing that some of it wasn't understood.
 Jancis Milburga "Mayhaps sometime I can see you what you speak of and bring it to my own mind's eye. Sir Mynhier did ask me to join you for dinner over a moon ago. He asked me to bring someone with. I shall try but would it be rude if I came upon my own? I shall not come empty handed."
 Nathan Telluride lifts his hat brim at Clio's explanations. "I think some of that means that if she breaks any of it, don't be nearby."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Smiles. "She won't break anything, I don't let anyone in my hanger without me nearby." Shakes her head with a quick grin at Nathan before looking back to Jancis. "That would be lovely, I know he's been meaning to have you over but you shouldn't keep a lack of companion as a deterrent from coming by."
 Nathan Telluride "You think we can't find a lucky companion for Lady Milburga?" He grins widely. "Well, making the list of interested takers will start filling up one of these journals, I bet you."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Chuckles. "I'm sure there must be quite a few interested....."
 Jancis Milburga "Ah!"
 Lottie Forsaidh smiles, clapping her hands excitedly. "For -certain-!"
 Jancis Milburga "Thaliak's Grace. Is twice it has come up in one eve!"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Quirks a brow curiously. "Oh really? Do share!"
 Nathan Telluride shrugs. "It's the company. We're all horrible people who like to see others happy in company in the most salacious ways."
 Lottie Forsaidh "I hope it does not bother you, Lady Jancis. Companionship should never be seen as something necessary in life; so much as we need to be more comfortable with ourselves."
 Jancis Milburga "Oh it was Master Chuta speaking about crushes and how he came together with his, well, his now fiancé!"
 Lottie Forsaidh elbows Nathan, "Because you gossip like a nanny."
 Nathan Telluride "A Nanny?" He takes a step back! "No! It's more... like a Billy."
 Cliodhna Eoghan "That was quite the proposal!" Her grin wide by this point. "I can't imagine being put on the spot like that though!"
 Lottie Forsaidh grins, "A -sheep-."
 Jancis Milburga gives Lottie a grateful smile, "No it is a very kind gesture from you both."
 Jancis Milburga "I cannot either. I suppose at that time, only have eyes for one person, though."
 Cliodhna Eoghan True enough....
 Nathan Telluride "And... the company lights up in sudden rapt attention."
 Lottie Forsaidh elbows Nathan again, "That isn't your business." She wrinkles her nose teasingly.
 Jancis Milburga laughs lightly at the antics and looks at the three, "I trust you will all be travelling back safely? Hour grows later and I would want you to be hindered getting home."
 Nathan Telluride coughs a little at the harsh nudge. "Did I ask for details, love?" He said to Lottie. "And I do think the Lady has politely indicated her need for solace."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods. "I actually thought of asking if Ilwe wanted company on the way home....." Expression softens a bit. "I don't want him to travel that far alone."
 Lottie Forsaidh wrinkles her nose, "You're not as subtle as you'd like to think but yes, we should give you some time to relax - Lady Jancis. You've had a trying day."
 Jancis Milburga "I would appreciate that very much so, Lady Cliodhna. Would ease my heart knowing you are both looking out for each other."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods. "He's a friend and I know is going through a trying time right now."
 Jancis Milburga "Only if you did not have anything else you wish, Lady Lottie. I am happy to be here for you."
 Nathan Telluride reaches up to idly tug at Lottie's hair bun. "It sounds as if the hour is indeed come to make an escape, and enjoy the good spirit of another performance well delivered."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Waves to the three of them. "I'll be seeing you. Jancis let me know when a good time is for dinner."
 Jancis Milburga "Very much so. Strong man. He keeps good company. I will!"

♣♣♣

Lottie Forsaidh smiles, allowing her hair to be tugged. "Time to rest."
 Lottie Forsaidh "One day, if time permits us, I'd like to have an evening of tea with you - perhaps beneath the trees of the Shroud as the seasons change."
 Nathan Telluride "That's a delightful suggestion. I could even behave myself properly and make it a delightful and relaxing evening."
 Jancis Milburga squints her eyes, observing the two, "I would like. Master Telluride you make most things delightful. We will have to talk and pick a good time. Mayhaps when the fruit comes in. Dare say I take a fancy to them."
 Lottie Forsaidh "As do I. I'll attempt to not devour everything in sight."
 Nathan Telluride "If fruit will make the occasion, then so be it. For now, shall we leave the stone in peace and find a better peace for the night?"
 Lottie Forsaidh 's smile spills to reveal a more good-natured grin, shading her embarrassment. "Yes. Time to put you to bed, lest you sing the entire night again."
 Jancis Milburga bows deeply to Lottie and Nathan, bidding them safe travel and farewell between the teases.
 Nathan Telluride "I'll even set alight a candle, and perhaps use that bit of fun we recovered from the Carnival."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-08-2015

[Image: mIBKz8Z.jpg]

Iskierka Stormspeaker climbs off her chocobo.
 Gogonji Gegenji Hrmf.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker opens up one of the bags on her chocobo's back. "Who wants a book?"
 Gogonji Gegenji ... Book?
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Books! A gift from The Scholar!
 Ojune Wajune "What sort of book?"
 Ojune Wajune moves closer to investigate.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Does it matter?
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Books!
 Gogonji Gegenji approaches, mildly intrigued. Mayhaps he might get something out of this other than a rekindling of memories he did not much want to dwell upon.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hands a book to Ojune.
 Ojune Wajune takes the book, giving it a look through.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker I believe this one is called "All's Quiet on the Garlean Front."
 Ojune Wajune nods, "Thank you! I'm certain it will be interesting." Moves away for others to have a turn.

♣♣♣

Gogonji Gegenji "I would like a book as well."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker takes a book from the bag and looks at the title. "Valley of the Mammets."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hands the book over to Gogonji.
 Leanne Delphium tries to take a curious glance from the book, golden expressive eyes blinking.
 Gogonji Gegenji takes the book, looking it over. If nothing else, it'd add to his collection in his shack.

♣♣♣

Leanne Delphium approaches Iski, hand raised and a gentle expression. "A book for me, pretty please?"
 Iskierka Stormspeaker picks up another book.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Miss Leanne? A book perhaps?
 Leanne Delphium "Mhm!"
 Leanne Delphium nods, with a bright smile.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker looks at the title. "A Magitek Orange. Hmm."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hands her the book.
 Leanne Delphium blinks. "Hmm..." takes the book. "Weird title..."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker I haven't read it. These are from my father's collection.
 Leanne Delphium looks at the book with a curious expression. "Hmm...will check it later." nodding, she protectively holds the book with both arms, shuffling away.

♣♣♣

Faezbhar Rysswilf gestured to Rho and himself. "We'd like books, please."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker A book for you, sir?
 A'rho Tia swishes his tail excitedly. "Ah! She was at the picnic~ And I took-" Coughs, shifty eyed. "Um- anyway."
 A'rho Tia Hi.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker takes another book from the bag on her chocobo's back. She looks at the title...
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Fifty Shades... No. Another book.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker puts the book back and pulls out another one.
 A'rho Tia Ooh! I have that one!
 Faezbhar Rysswilf "That ain't even a book--it's emergency toilet paper!"
 Iskierka Stormspeaker looks at the title. "How To Win Friends And Influence Morons."
 A'rho Tia I thought it was satire?
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hands over the book.
 Faezbhar Rysswilf "That's got me written all over it!"
 Faezbhar Rysswilf takes the book,
 Iskierka Stormspeaker And one for you?
 A'rho Tia Yes please.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker takes out a book and looks at the title. "Florence of Gyr Abania."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hands the book over.
 A'rho Tia grins. "I've heard of him- is that his biography?"
 Iskierka Stormspeaker I believe it is!
 A'rho Tia steps up and gladly takes it. "Thank you~"
 A'rho Tia clutches the book to his chest.
 Faezbhar Rysswilf "Yuh want tuh head back tuh yer place or the ship?"
 A'rho Tia A moment- by the by, it's.... Iskierka right? If possible I'd like to speak with you, Jancis and that seedy keeper all at once.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Sure, just let me know when you can round them up.
 A'rho Tia Mm- I'm free most times. I want to grab Sig as well.
 A'rho Tia But thank you~
 Iskierka Stormspeaker A pleasure.

♣♣♣

Iskierka Stormspeaker picks up a book and holds id over her head.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Come receive the blessing of knowledge! Don't be illiterate heathens! Enlighten yourselves!
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Don't go through your life as an ignoramus!
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Books, people!
 Iskierka Stormspeaker They're also good for killing flies and making tables and chairs level!

Iskierka Stormspeaker You, sir, look like a reader!
Locke Fairwind "What's this about books now?"
 Locke Fairwind "I dabble in my free time, yes."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker holds out a book. She looks at the title. "Here's a fine selection... 'A Tale of Two City-States!' Please accept this free gift!"
 Locke Fairwind glances at the book curiously and then nods with a smile on his face. "Oh, why thank you. A new read certainly wouldn't hurt."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Aye! T'is a far, far better thing... than pretty much everything else.
 Locke Fairwind "Haha, well thank you miss. Your gift is much appreciated."
 Locke Fairwind "Take care now!"
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Likewise!

Iskierka Stormspeaker picks up a book from the bag and looks at the title. "Culinary Guild Confidential..."
 Iskierka Stormspeaker Fine, you illiterate heathens!
 Iskierka Stormspeaker hops up onto her chocobo.
 Iskierka Stormspeaker You will live in ignorance and perish in obscurity!

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-11-2015

[Image: A5ay5R5.png]

Siha Xinkei "Be safe, Locke" she repeats again and heads for the stone after giving one last bow.
 Siha Xinkei gently places a reverent hand on the stone, eyes closing and smile appearing on her features. She mutters a few soft words to herself.

Amara Elisse reaches her hand out and touches the stone speaking quietly "Pray protect me from the darkest path...."

Ciel Wulfe uttered a small sound of awareness and turned to bury her face against Jonathan's shoulder.
 Ciel Wulfe is shaking like a leaf, not exactly in a good place at the moment.
 Jonathan Grayve lightly kissing her forehead, he held her there a moment. Before attempting to help her stand. " Soldiers need to stand, yeah do it for the ones beside you that can no longer."
 Ciel Wulfe is hauled up onto her feet for all the good that does, seemingly having no power to do so on her own. Still tucked against Jonathan's shoulder, she utters three words. "...I feel sick."
 Jonathan Grayve takes grip of her, securing balance as much as her legs would allow. " Shall we excuse you, to relieve that? "
 Ciel Wulfe "Pray, can we just go home..?"
 Jonathan Grayve " Right away love.."

♣♣♣

Brynnalia Callae "Brandt, ye say." She takes his hand in a firm but brief grip. "I don't know what ye do, but the flask was somethin' I needed. So." She shrugs.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Think nothing of it.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn nods to her, then hesitates, uncertain.
 Coatleque Crofte sighs and turns to face Shas. "I have to get back. Seems I'll be needing to visit the alchemists. I will fill you in as soon as I am ready."
 Brynnalia Callae "If ye ever find yerself in Ul'dah and need somethin'..." She shrugs. "Good luck!" She grins mischievously, her easy smile returning.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Ul'dah?--Er...
 Shas Tarry looks to Crofte and nods. "Aye, I'll be back in th' city m'self in a bit. I'll be ready whenever ye need me."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...I... see. Been a while since I was there.
 Brynnalia Callae watches Crofte leave, that easy smile of hers fading just a little.
 Brynnalia Callae "Well, it not be a kind place."
 Brynnalia Callae "If ye got a better home, stay there."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Yeah, I'm aware. Still, there are some things you can only get there.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Well... never mind.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn forces a smile.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Seems unlikely we'll bump into each other again, but it may happen. I'd prefer to... stay out of Ul'dah at the moment.
 Brynnalia Callae arches her brow at him at that.
 Brynnalia Callae "Oh?" She smirks. "Ye not be a wanted criminal are ye?"
 Brynnalia Callae holds up her hands. "Not that I am a law enforcin' type mind ye."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Ha ha.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn speaks the laugh dryly and without humor.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Ul'dah is just... not a very welcoming place to someone in my position.
 Brynnalia Callae "...." She regards him for a moment longer. "What do ye mean, yer position? What are ye?"
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...Never mind. I'm not normally in the business of sharing sensitive things with strangers.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn takes another quick swig.
 Brynnalia Callae "Fine.." She shrugs and snorts. "I'd say the same except... well, we decided to air dirty laundry here." She glances around.
 Brynnalia Callae "Ye didn't hear too much o' that did ye?"
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Tried not to. Don't worry about it, though. Pretty sure none of it would have made sense to me.
 Brynnalia Callae purses her lips. "Aye. Nothin' but a complicated mess."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...But I have my own nobles to avoid in Ul'dah, anyway.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn And believe me. I would prefer not to get within a MALM of Taeros, or anything he's doing.
 Brynnalia Callae "Ye know. I know about nobles." She gives him a sly look. "How about, ye ask me somethin' and I'll see if I know somethin'. In exchange fer the spirits."
 Brynnalia Callae "I don't like owin' people. Especially strangers."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn chuckles, a little mirthlessly.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Thanks, but... I'm not sure there's anything I'd like to know.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Hardly a fit man for a Thaliak ceremony, eh? I'm just as content living in ignorance.
 Brynnalia Callae snorts. "I suppose I have something in common with the Scholar then than I thought. I like knowing things."
 Brynnalia Callae "Although it gets me in trouble as much as it gets me out o' them."
 Brynnalia Callae "But that be the way things go, aye? Scales. Fates. The whole Twelve lot."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn I'd just as soon stay out of trouble altogether. I prefer to just watch, and let things take care of themselves.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Sooner or later, I'll have to get up and move, but I might as well enjoy the peace while I've got it.
 Brynnalia Callae "Well, ye know -some- of us don' have that luxury."
 Brynnalia Callae snorts. "If I could just sit back and enjoy whatever comes along..." She shakes her head.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn gives her a look, a wry half-smile on his face.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Better sitting on the top or stuck at the bottom than having to pick one of the sides.
 Brynnalia Callae "Nae. Always been elbows deep intae whatever jar, dough, mess I am in." She certainly seems looser of tongue. Perhaps she was starting to realize it too. She gives his flask an accusatory glare.
 Brynnalia Callae "I chose a side once! That side began to lose and badly. So I jumped off!"
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Hah.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...Maybe it's about time you went and got some rest for the day, Brynnalia. Someone's bound to be worried about you by now.
 Brynnalia Callae snorts again, she scratches her nose and touches her cheek, feeling the warmth there. "Aye. I best be goin'. I doubt though people will notice I am missin' at least fer a few suns! Mayhap a week before I am replaced." A pause. "Nae. Mayhap a moon. At least!" She waves vaguely. "Ye got some good stuff in that flask..." she murmurs.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...If you need a ride back, I have a chocobo that needs the exercise.
 Brynnalia Callae turns on her heels and eyes the path of exit.
 Brynnalia Callae "I'm fine.." She waves him off. "My own bird be near by... trained him meself... will get me where I need tae go even if I fall asleep, he will..."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...If you say so.
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn watches her with a vague wistfulness.
 Brynnalia Callae sounds a little tipsy. "Good. Stuff." She nods and glances back at him. "Well met, Brandt."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn Well, don't let me keep you, then. Likewise.
 Brynnalia Callae "Ye stay good and far from Ul'dah. If ye know what's good fer ye."
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn ...
 Brandt Wintfrydsyn I'll try.
 Brynnalia Callae sends a wave over her shoulder.

[Image: ep6mE4W.jpg]

Ojune Wajune "How are you feeling, Angora?"
 Angora Khilo stretches a bit, "Tired and a bit strained with all this aether you mentioned. But Selene did help quite a bit.
 Vaughn Antain "Ah! Ojune! I loved your story. It seemed others really enjoyed it as well."
 Ojune Wajune "I'm glad to hear it."
 Vaughn Antain smiles at Angora. "So, Angora, as glad as I am you could make it, shall we head back before you sicken any further?"
 Angora Khilo sighs and nods, "That would be for the best. I'm not feeling my best as it is right at the moment."
 Vaughn Antain "Ojune, are you coming with, or staying here to socialize?"
 Ojune Wajune "You two travel safely!"
 Ojune Wajune "I'm going to stay for a few more minutes."

♣♣♣

Oscare Iono is too occupied digging his face into his knees.
 Ojune Wajune "I'm glad I got to catch a performance of yours, mister Oscare."
 Oscare Iono remains silent.
 Ojune Wajune "And it was quite the inspiring one."
 Oscare Iono remains silent even still. He seems to be very disconnected right now.
 Oscare Iono finally inches his head up. "Sorry. Just not in the mood for people or talking. I think my own emotions started coming up. IN the  process of repressin' em."
 Ojune Wajune "Hm. . . Not all emotion is bad. Even the unpleasant ones. Just takes time in work in learning how to manage them. But I'll let you be. Let me know if you ever wish to talk, mister Oscare. We all share the Soliloquy pearl after all!"
 Oscare Iono "They all are bad. No reason to have them is my philosophy."
 Oscare Iono "I'm gone."

Leanne Delphium "Mr. Ojune! Awesome performance! Just out of a book!"
 Ojune Wajune lets out a little sigh as the large man walks off. Then turns his attention to miss Leanne, "Oh thank you! I must say that all of them were stunning this time. I mean... You had a moogleband!"
 Leanne Delphium giggles. "Perhaps so, but you interacted in a lovely manner with the crowd! Hmm...agreed, they were all very nice!"
 Ojune Wajune "How did you become friends with the moogles?"
 Leanne Delphium smiles gently. "I've been friends with them since childhood. It's friendship that extended from my dad to me and to my brother...!"
 Leanne Delphium grins devilishly. "I had a lot of adventures in the Shroud with them and also sylphs...!"
 Ojune Wajune "Really?" Smiles brightly, "I can only imagine! All the hidden nooks and crannies beneath the canopy. . . "
 Ojune Wajune "I'm surprised you got them to leave the Wood!"
 Leanne Delphium "Needless to say...my childhood was very...active. And a bit mischievous too. Hmm...now I'm curious! Never had the chance to ask, but where you came from, Mr. Ojune?"
 Ojune Wajune "I grew up around Gridania actually. But my apprenticeship took me to live in Ul'dah. Which is mostly where I reside now-a-days."
 Ojune Wajune grins, "And yes! It's quite good to be dark of skin in the desert! I see some mighty pale folks around and wonder how they manage."
 Leanne Delphium let her eyes wander about as she whistles impishly. "Well, I have a nice hat giving a bit of shadow everywhere..."
 Ojune Wajune chuckles, "Very true! Do you get down into the desert regions much?"
 Leanne Delphium nods. "Went as far as I could, yes. My trek through Sagolii Desert...hgn..."
 Leanne Delphium shudders a bit. "That was trying..."
 Ojune Wajune wrinkles his nose at the mention of the dunes, "I don't see how anyone lives down there."
 Ojune Wajune "What took you so far south if I may ask?"
 Leanne Delphium "Well...mankind's ingenuity makes us able to live anywhere, and adapt to it." she snickers, then blinks. "Ah, well...cause I wanted to!" she smiles sheepishly. "If this answer sounds weird, I can also say...my wanderlust ordered me to walk about in a scorching desert for the pure sake of traveling."
 Leanne Delphium scratches the back of her head, laughing embarrassedly. "I...like walking too much."
 Ojune Wajune "I forgot you followed the paths of Oschon! I must admit such a thing is confusing to me. I love to explore and to travel, yet I always have a destination in mind. To simply walk for the sake of walking... Is beyond me."
 Leanne Delphium smiles sheepishly. "To be honest, not even I can explain. I just...feel the need. And I obediently go along it. For example...I'm right now thinking about slipping into the garlean ship in the middle of Silvertear...and I'm thinking I'm going through it!"
 Leanne Delphium "...I can assuredly say though that I love traveling. And being an adventurer."
 Ojune Wajune "Do bring at least one friend on that particular wander though! I'd hate to see something awful befall you."
 Ojune Wajune "Believe me, I learned the hard way about traveling in dangerous areas alone." Pats his bad left hip.
 Leanne Delphium nods, grinning. "I know. And I shall. Likewise, I expect you to be safe, Mr. Ojune! I want to meet you at the next pilgrimage!"
 Ojune Wajune "Agreed! I look forward to your next song or tale. It is Nymeia's wheel after all."
 Leanne Delphium "Hmmm..." she looks up to a plasmoid, pondering. "I will think of something nice." she nods, giving Ojune a thumbs up! "With that note, I shall speak briefly with Ms. Jancis, then depart. Thanks for the chat, and thanks for the -awesome- performance you brought...!"
 Ojune Wajune "May your wanderings be safe then."
 Leanne Delphium "Likewise yours...!"

♣♣♣

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa crouches as he notices Ojune looking at him
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa tries to smile a bit but it doesn't cover his mostly sad expression
 Ojune Wajune pats Ilwe's knee, "How did you enjoy this one, Ilwe?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa I admit I didn't listen much. To be fully honest with you, I came to help but mostly to discuss with Lady Jancis.
 Ojune Wajune "I see. How are the young ones doing?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa keeps silent a moment, wondering what the Lalafell knows. He utters a weak "They are fine. My sister is taking care of them." He looks like wanting to say something more, but lets his sentence unfinished, observing Ojune.
 Ojune Wajune his brows knit together in concern, "And have you found solution for the youngest ones? I know Mister Jaques was attempting to see the Rose's doctor. But she's been so busy with a few others of the house."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa breathes a soft "So you know.. About my wife.. What happened.." He shakes slowly his head "I don't know yet, I received some answers, but nothing is sure.."
 Ojune Wajune nods slightly, "I saw the note. . . You'll let me know if you need any help? Even if it's just watching the younglings for an evening."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles slightly "Sure.. F'elia and F'anya aren't with me yet. I thought.. I thought it would be better for me to recover a bit before.. they are with their grandmother in my homeland.. Though.. I'm really concerned over Olv'a. He's so sensitive.. And while I believe weaning Lindë now wouldn't cause much troubles, it's way too early for Ol'va" He sighs "I won't leave their side for some time.. But you're someone who share some tales.. So if you know some songs, some tales for the children I would like to learn them." He pauses against "To learn your culture some more.. "
 Ojune Wajune nods, "Of course. I know many children's tales... and if you'd like, I can write some up for you as well? Make a small book of them?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles at the Lalafell "I would be grateful for that. Maybe it seems weird that I'm thinking over this while there are so many things I should think of before. But somehow songs and tales are always a comfort for the children. And who else better I could ask beside yourself ?"
 Ojune Wajune smiles at the compliment, "You are too kind, Ilwe!" reaches out to pat the man's thigh, "I'll get one put together for you. Mayhap I can find someone do to some little drawings as well."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa That would be really great. I'm unsure yet what will happen next, but I'll remember your offer to take care of my daughters if necessary. Though, I have to warn you, they love to dress men with skirts, wigs and make up.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles a bit at this words, visibly talking of his children soothe his sadness a bit
 Ojune Wajune can't help but chuckle, "As long as they don't mind a lady with a beard, I'm certain we'll all get along fine." Beams, "I'll even introduce them to a fairy!" motions back to Selene. Who... seemed rather alarmed at this prospect.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles at the fairy "Oh they are used to mine, but she's watching over the babies for now." He nods to Ojune "They don't mind my beard when, they dress me as a princess, so I suppose that you will only be a smaller version of princess they will want to save."
 Ojune Wajune chuckles, "I shall make for a very dramatic damsel in distress then. Whenever you need me to. But I must be heading back..." casts Jancis a glance. Smiling a bit at the crowd still around her.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles a bit more "Thank you. I'm glad I came in the end, I was unsure if it was a good idea, but it looks like that I know a bit better what to do and how"
 Ojune Wajune "I'm glad for it. Do be careful on your way back to the Wood."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods to Ojune "I'll be fine, I'll just teleport back home."

Cliodhna Eoghan Walks up. "Am I interrupting at all?"
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa shakes slightly his head "Not at all"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Smiles. "Good to know. Ojune! Nice seeing you again."
 Ojune Wajune beams up at Clio, "And thank you again for the wonderful competition. I do hope I didn't embarrass myself to horribly... I don't' recall much of the last half of the night."
 Ojune Wajune "You travel safely, lady Clio."
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods. "you too Ojune, I expect to see you next month to defend your winning spot!"
 Ojune Wajune "If I can make it, I shall be there."

Jancis Milburga "I really liked your story. I got two of the answers wrong for Lady Olivia."
 Ojune Wajune smiles, "Thank you very much. I do hope people had fun with it. I suppose I should have expected people to shout things out that weren't one of the listed options."
 Jancis Milburga "I could tell one of them. Lady Meli is never one to really pay heed to such instructions. I have a journal for you that I made."
 Ojune Wajune smiles, "Oh? That's awfully kind of you! And you made it yourself?"
 Jancis Milburga nods, pulling out a journal from the satchel. "You make great use of parchment." She lifts one that has blue and red petals mixed into the paper. The cover has his name, small, inked onto the bottom corner by the spine. "It was something I learned how to do when I was young. A lot of failed attempts, but it got better. Made my own paper when there was none to be had."
 Jancis Milburga "I thought of Thaliak in the river and the strong salmon. Their reddish pink color, and how they are strong and always swim surely. I suppose that is what inspired that one. Not saying you are, ah, a salmon."
 Ojune Wajune smiles broadly as he accepts the gift, "Ah, it's beautiful! Only the finest stories will grace it's page." he give pause, wrestling a moment with indecision before he ventures, "I really don't want to be forward and ask for more. But perhaps could I trouble you to make one more journal?"
 Jancis Milburga looks attentive, perking up at the request. "You wish for something in particular?"
 Ojune Wajune casts a sideways glance to his right before leaning in to talk quietly. Why he was keeping this 'secret' I'll never know.
 Jancis Milburga blinks, unable to help but glance out over towards the cliffside. She nods slowly in understanding.
 Ojune Wajune smiles a touch, "T-that's okay then?"
 Jancis Milburga echoes the smile, "Yes. Yes it is okay. I think I have something in mind for it. Might take me a short while to press the right flowers."
 Ojune Wajune "It will take me a bit of time to collect everything. So that works well."
 Jancis Milburga "I will not let you down. Is there anything else you wish for?"
 Ojune Wajune shakes his head, "I shall let you know if there is. But I believe that's everything for now. Do travel safely back, miss Jancis. It would do you no good if you became aether sick for lingering too long."
 Ojune Wajune "Thaliak guide your mind and the Twelves light your steps."
 Jancis Milburga beams at Ojune, bowing as he does. "Thank you. Be safe and well until I see you once more."

RE: Celebration of The Scholar - Jancis - 04-12-2015

[Image: mJFupb1.png]

V'aleera Lhuil rises to her feet, gingerly placing her hands upon her knees and briefly scanning the surrounding crowd.
 V'aleera Lhuil nods to herself, her gaze falling upon the stone of Thaliak, a pleased grin working its way onto her lips.
 Ameline Valtin folds her arms and looks around. "Hmm. That trip to sunnier land is in order, methinks! Should I stay too long, I may, in-actual-fact, begin to /think/!"
 V'aleera Lhuil addresses Ameline, "I must say, that final performance was rather interesting, if also rather long. Overall I must admit to enjoying this particular event the most out of those I have attended."
 V'aleera Lhuil nods, "Agreed. Let us be on our way?"
 Ameline Valtin "Aye! A treasure to behold - such talent and emotion!"
 Ameline Valtin nods, "Aye!"
 V'aleera Lhuil strokes her chin, "But by which method would be best..." She shrugs, beginning to walk, "Ah well, we shall see what opportunity arises."
 Ameline Valtin laughs. "Ah! Mine apologies! I simply point these boots in a direction and watch them carry! Hmph. . Aetheric travel seems best if she is willing to tolerate a daft nature after such."
 V'aleera Lhuil visibly swallows, trying and failing not to grimace at the thought, her stomach muscles clenching instinctively. She politely nods, "Oh... that would be... fine."
 Ameline Valtin crackles her knuckles before musing idly, "Aaaaand off we are!"
 V'aleera Lhuil bites her lip as her ears fall back on her head, "Oh Fury..."

♣♣♣

Tasa Rhyzul "Th'ell did Crofte go..."
 Rei'zahnta Elakha "Are you looking for someone?"
 Tasa Rhyzul "Tha' 'ighlander I spoke wit before we started."
 Rei'zahnta Elakha "Do you wish to look around for her?"
 Tasa Rhyzul "Eh.. Mustah jus' 'ad business ta tend ta.."
 Tasa Rhyzul "Guess we kin 'ead back.. Ta the 'ouse?"
 Rei'zahnta Elakha "Affirmative."

♣♣♣

Franz Renatus who had been quietly staying in the back took his leave without a single word.

♣♣♣

Gogonji Gegenji stares at the stone again, recalling the tale. As childish as it was, there was something... compelling about being able to see one's family again after they had past. And an incantation to be said in front of the stone... what was it again? Ah yes.
 Gogonji Gegenji puts his hand up on the stone, thinking on how to adapt it. He knows its nonsense, but the entire outing had been nothing but. Like the girl, what could it hurt? “Thaliak, by your grace, grant me the knowledge of what must be done to avenge the loss of my brother, my home, and my family. This Seeker of wisdom humbly asks that the path you set before me lead only to my wisdom and prosperity. And the vengeance my kin so deeply deserve...”

Memeli Meli A lot of folks. Hrm! Anyway, I'ma head back home. Be glad my little hero isn't here. He'd prolly be arguin' with ya all night.
 Gogonji Gegenji Mn. Perhaps.
 Gogonji Gegenji But I already have one voice yelling at me. One that long needs be silenced.
 Gogonji Gegenji stares off to his left again, accusingly.
 Memeli Meli mumbles, mostly to herself. "..Crazy? ..I think yes. Yikes." She gives a wave over her shoulder, waddling off.
 Gogonji Gegenji Yes! I'm talking to you!
 Gogonji Gegenji Yer dead. 'long wit th' rest!
 Gogonji Gegenji Stop tryin' ta guide me away from this!
 Gogonji Gegenji This has ta be done! WILL be done!
 Gogonji Gegenji They TOOK YOU from me!
 Gogonji Gegenji And I will never, ever EVER forgive them for it!
 Gogonji Gegenji They will burn! All of them! And everyone who let it happen!
 Gogonji Gegenji This is all for you!
 Gogonji Gegenji For you...
 Gogonji GegenjiGogonji Gegenji looks disgusted.
 Gogonji Gegenji I needs must return. Much work to be done...

Gogonji Gegenji Thanks much for the relayed blessings.
 Jancis Milburga turns away for a brief moment, gazing at the man and bows her head. "You are very welcome, Lord. Thank you for adding to it."
 Gogonji Gegenji I added little beyond my own grumblings.
 Gogonji Gegenji gives Ilwe a brief, sympathetic look. He didn't overhear the details, but he knows too well the taste of loss.
 Gogonji Gegenji Many seem to require your attentions, so I will leave you be, madamme. I have much to do, myself, that may need those blessings... and then some. And perhaps prayers for all involved.
 Jancis Milburga gazes over at Gogonji for a minute, leaning forward to try and get a better look at him, "It must be with purpose that you do, Lord. Thaliak knows if you share what is in your heart it can be let free or find answers it has been desperately searching for."
 Gogonji Gegenji Oh, there is much in my heart that will be shared. Fully and utterly. Though I do believe those who will receive such feelings will not be happier for it.
 Gogonji Gegenji makes a fist, clenching tight as he looks down at it. "Chachanji... Watashi wa anata ni hofuku shimasu..."
 Gogonji Gegenji lowers the fist, letting out a sigh, and walking off.
 Gogonji Gegenji whistles for Annelace, hoping astride her with practiced ease. "We away. There is much to be done. A long night yet until the fiery dawn."

[Image: yUKWtci.jpg]

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles softly at Locke
 Locke Fairwind "Seems the festivities are winding down to an end. I'll be taking my leave now, but it was good meeting ya again Ilwe. I hope we can work together again in the future."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods "I appreciate the fact you remembered me, Sir Locke. I'll try to be there for the next pilgrimage, and I hope to see your dark robe around at this time." He pauses "Though.. Can I ask you what sort of magic you're doing exactly ?"
Locke Fairwind "Haha, curious, aren't we? I specialize in conjuration."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods and whispers more for himself "I see.." he lifts again his gaze to Locke "I'll know who to ask if my family has some problem so." He smiles a bit. "May I ask where I could find you if anything happens ?"
 Locke Fairwind "Aye? Always happy to lend a hand to those who need it, especially a friend. Do you know of the Harbingers of Dawn, perhaps? I'm a member of the company, so you can usually find me there if anything."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa nods "I know them, my Clan's house is in the same Ward, in Lavender.. I suppose that it makes everything easier in a way."
Locke Fairwind "Aye? Who'd have thought, heh. Feel free to stop by if you ever need anything. I could use a new drinking buddy."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa grimaces a bit "I don't drink.. My eye couldn't see for a while resulting on my other senses being a bit more sensitive. Taverns and such place when the scent of alcohol is strong gives me the headache. Drinking is even worse" He offers a pale smile, a glimpse of sadness can be seen on his face for anybody attentive enough.
 Locke Fairwind "Well, sitting down to chat with some good company is just as well. I certainly hope you don't mind if I come visit your home in the future, if anything." He took note of his expression, and gave the Miqo'te male a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I should depart for now though. It's been a pleasure, Ilwe."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Yes.. It would be pleasant. **He nods** If you don't mind seeing some small miqo'te running around and some babies, it will be a pleasure to welcome you to my house.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Have a safe journey, Sir Locke
 Locke Fairwind "Ah, kids? I don't mind kids at all. Dealt with quite a number of them running around Drybone when I was the resident healer in the area. Take care of yourself now."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa looks at the man going and observes him from afar

Jancis Milburga "You are all welcome to share your words to Thaliak's stone, or speak in reverence with myself near the cliffside."
 Vaerimont Lectoroix prays before the Scholar stone, muttering inaudible prayers beneath his breath.

Jancis Milburga bows deeply to Ilwe'ran, who took the advantage! "Happy to see you once again. I did get your letter."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa tries a smile and fails a bit, he shakes his head and simply manages to keep a neutral face "Lady Jancis.. I mostly came here to see you and to thank you."
 Jancis Milburga "You are very kind. And welcome, too. Is the least I can do. By Thaliak's Grace, I am finding out more for what you seek as well. But it is good to see you."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa shakes again his head and he rubs lightly his wrist with the opposite hand "Seek.. Are you talking about what I asked in the letter..? Or the answers I will never have ?" He tries to keep a neutral expression, but his pain remains visible, his tilted ears and tail betraying his feelings
 Cliodhna Eoghan Glances over to Ilwe, concern on her features.
 Jancis Milburga "Forgive me. I did speak about the letter, Master Ilwe'ran. Those answers will be found."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa forces a smile "Don't apologize.. You did so much already for me.. I can't find a way to express my gratitude.." He sighs and looks at her "I have to accept what happened.. That's all.. At least there is still me to take care of the children.."
 Jancis Milburga nods, her smile empathic, before she kneels down and picks up a couple small journals made of flower paper. "It is hard to not know, mayhaps right now what you know is what you need to, no more and no less. Althyk willing, you will learn more when the time is right. Here is a small token for appreciation for you coming all this way. Made many of them for such a night. I can trouble you to delivery one to Lady Carina?"
 Jancis Milburga "Write down your thoughts and feelings, that they might be put down sometimes and you do not have to carry them every day. The book will hold some of it for you."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa 's gaze wanders down to the journals and he nods but somehow doesn't move to take the book. He keeps silent a moment and says, his voice soft and soothing "How can you even think that people cannot see your kindness, Lady Jancis. You have been nothing else than an helpful soul trying to help in any way possible and it's still like you predicted that I would be here today.." He reaches out and takes what she gives to him >
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Thank you.. Again.. For everything. I'll take care of that and deliver what you ask to Carina
 Jancis Milburga looks taken aback a bit. She answers Ilwe'ran with a softer humble voice at his keen observation, "You are welcome. Give her my best."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles a bit "I think, somehow, you and me need exactly the same thing now.. Time.. Patience.. And keep hoping and trying to move on"
 Jancis Milburga squints her eyes up, emotion clear on her face. She nods slowly in agreement, "I shall keep helping you try; you will remind me to as well. Something wonderful surely awaits us both."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa observes Jancis reactions in silence. As mostly following his own deduction, he takes note of the emotions she's showing. He nods slightly "You know that you can talk to me too.. And ask anything if you need me.. It's not only a one way friendship, Jancis."

Leanne Delphium approaches slowly, smiling awkwardly. "Uhm...hope I'm not interrupting anything..."
 Jancis Milburga smiles warmly at Leanne.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa looks at Leanne and says nothing, his hand still rubbing slightly his wrist
 Leanne Delphium returns the smile. "Hmm..well, I can speak at a later date, just hope my performance matched the expectations I had set back at The Lover's event."
 Jancis Milburga turns back to Ilwe'ran. "I know. I promise when I need to, I will come to you. Thaliak willing we can make one thing right at a time."

Cliodhna Eoghan Teleport? Then I guess you don't need me walking you home?" Smiles at Ilwe.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Not at all, teleporting is easy for me and I'll be alone, which means even easier.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Gives a light nod. "Alright, just wanted to offer, it's a long trip by normal means and didn't want you to take that alone."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa chortles softly "I'm fine, really.. I'm physically functional as like to say my sister." He shakes a bit his head "My feelings doesn't stop my ability to use the aether nor my arrows fortunately"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Grins. "Alright alright....Just wanted to make sure." Waves him off lightly. "You know where to find me if you need me for anything though. Granted I'm not the best around......children, but I can offer you support still."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa smiles "Children don't demand much. Only you to be honest with them" He tilts a bit his head "Thank you.. You're really kind"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Shakes her head. "Not the one I've dealt with..." Rolls her eyes. "Don't know how you and Erik do it to be honest, but you have my admiration for it at least." Gives him a half smile. "I'll won't keep you any further and let you get home then."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa We just.. Love them.. From the bottom of our heart.. And do our best to see them smiling, being healthy and happy.. nothing more. We're just fathers.
 Cliodhna Eoghan Still something I can't do.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Yes, unless you suddenly becomes a male, you will have some troubles to be a father.
 Cliodhna Eoghan That's not what I meant and you know it!
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa 's ears turn in her direction and he seems genuinely surprised, he blushes a bit at his mistake, showing that he effectively misunderstood "I.. Well.. You will see by yourself.. I suppose..?"
 Cliodhna Eoghan Shakes her head. "I have no intention to have children. I could never parent one....I try to form some sort of relationship with Erik's girl but..." Sighs. "There's a lot there that makes it difficult on my end. She lives with her godparents thankfully but still...."
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa Maybe you're simply not ready for that. Trying to force it won't help anybody. Let yourself some time, that's probably the best you can do.
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa adds with a softer voice as answering to what she said before "Aside that.. I'm not going back home right now.. I have something to do in the north before. So don't wait for me to leave first. " He smiles a bit
 Cliodhna Eoghan Nods, not fully convinced. "Perhaps..." Trails off, not wanting to fully voice her reasons for the withdrawal with Erik's daughter. "Alright...I'll be seeing you then." Gives him a small wave before leaving.

Blooper!
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa (I now know why Clio is crossing her arm  it's a support for her breasts or they fall)
 Cliodhna Eoghan just a pose she favors P
 Cliodhna Eoghan this is her other one but both look grumpy I guess xD
 Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa (thought it was a special form of bra D
 Cliodhna Eoghan nah, that's Erik's hands ;

((Big thank you again to everyone who contributed and participated in the event! This was an important one to Jancis so it's amazing what a turnout there was. Feel free to post your own thoughts IC or OOC))