Hydaelyn Role-Players
Elly [Story; OOC Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Elly [Story; OOC Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=10861)

Elly [Story; OOC Welcome] - Domri Blackblade - 03-29-2015

(A bit of a language warning at the dialogue down there. Enjoy my horrible writing!)

ELLY

The lights in the Wench were dimmed in a relaxing ambience, the early morning bell only lending itself a few sparse patrons. Domri lingered near one of the bulletin boards, his back pressed against the wall and arms folded over his chest. While he was almost always known to be clad fully in his armor, this morning was different. No, he wanted to blend in to those around him. Dark blue eyes scanned over the current patrons as they ate and conversed. However, he didn’t have much interest in them. He was waiting for someone.

Like clockwork, she entered the Wench. Every morning at the fifth bell, she arrived. Dark brown hair was pulled up into a tight bun with a few loose strands hanging in her face. Clutching her book tightly to her chest, she glanced around the room with familiar dark blue eyes and Domri quickly turned his gaze away. It was not as if she would recognize him in the first place, yet he still felt the need to be anonymous. After all, this was only one of many times he’d come to watch her work in the morning.

True to her routine, she sat in her usual seat at the back of the tavern and opened her book on the table. She ordered no food nor any drink. Instead, she began to scribble on one of the pages. Taking her distraction as an opportunity, Domri looked over at her once more. Her shirt was grossly oversized, barely able to hang properly on her small shoulders. The red of the fabric was washed out and pale and it looked well worn with various threads of it coming loose. Everyday she came in with this shirt over her robes, and before she left, she took it off.

It was his shirt. They each gave each other an item to wear in case they needed to find each other… in case one of them disappeared.

However long he stood there watching her was unclear. No matter what, he never approached her, only watched. Generally, she would stick to her ritual and leave, never giving away that she noticed him if she did.

This morning was different. As she stood up, she removed the shirt from over her robes and folded it neatly over her book. Eyes locked on him, narrowing slightly, and the tiny middle aged Highlander strode up to him. For a brief moment, he considered running, though part of him was hoping the confrontation would happen one day. Any excuse to talk to her was good enough for him, especially given the crap that went on as of late.

“Ya think I don’t notice ya standin’ there, don’t ya?” she asked as she reached up to jab his shoulder with her finger. “If tha’s yer way’a tryin’a show a woman yer some kinda creepy pervert, yer doin’ a good job. So, kindly fuck off cause I ain’t innerested.” She continued to jab him in the shoulder which was quite a reach up given her height, and he couldn’t help but purse his lips in amusement.

“I apologize,” he said in the most sincere voice he could manage. “I think you’re mistaken. I come here looking for work and-”

“Stop talkin’,” she snapped, her fingers curling around his chin. She frowned as she began to tilt his head in many directions, their matching blue eyes meeting in what Domri hoped was some moment of realization. However, she recoiled instead and released his chin, exhaling a frustrated breath.

“My name’s Domri,” he said softly, tilting his head a bit as he watched her. She only looked up at him with an exasperated expression.

“I don’ give a fuck, Domri. Wha’d’ya wan’ from me?” she said with a quiet groan.

That was a loaded question. There was a lot he wanted from her. In fact, if he could hug her there, he would. He wanted to know what she’d been up to in the past six years. What happened to their mother? Was she still alive? What does she do now? Where did she live now?

Did she miss him?

How could she?

He must have been standing there in silence longer than he intended because she leaned her head back in irritation, raising her hand to comb her fingers though her hair. After a moment, she untangled her fingers from her now messy locks of hair and tried to smooth it back with the palm of her hand.

“This’s been sufficiently awkward,” she muttered under her breath. “Look, Domri, I don’t like seein’ yer face so yer gonna leave me alone from now on. Tha’s no suggestion. I see ya again, we’re gonna have an issue. Got it?”

“Because I remind you of Adun?”

He hadn’t meant to ask that out loud, but it was clear he did. Her eyes widened for the briefest of seconds in surprise before narrowing in deep suspicion. Hand moved in an erratic manner, and it seemed for just that moment she had no clue what to do or how to process his words.

“Who are ya?” she asked him, eyes focusing on his in a very uncomfortable stare.

“No one,” he said in a gruff voice, slinking away from her. Her fingers curled around his sleeve and pulled him back.

“I don’t know wha’kinda game yer playin’ with me, but I mean it. I see yer face again, we ‘ave a problem. Unnerstood?”

He only nodded at her question and tugged his arm free of her grip. There was no backwards glance, no last moment to look at each other. For now, he’d heard enough, and all he wanted to do was leave. It was without further word that he left the Wench, leaving Elyse looking after him in bewilderment.