Hydaelyn Role-Players
A typical monday - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: A typical monday (/showthread.php?tid=10871)

A typical monday - Maril - 03-30-2015

[Image: tumblr_mdqo68SUqq1rtut36o1_1280.gif]

So, I had one of these Monday's today, and it made me think. What sort of just purely unfortunate stuff goes and happens to our characters? Do they ever walk all the way down the stables only to realize they forgot the keys to their chocobo? 

For Nailah, I could easily imagine something like getting out of bed a little too late, proceeding to be a little too sober for life's tasks which then contributes to a day at the markets in Ul'dah where pickpockets get their way with some of her precious coin and then upon her returning she finds that Velhi has been knocking out innocent girls at the quicksand again which sparks a minor diplomatic crisis. 
She tends to be plagued some by bad luck and bad timing. 

How would a really unfortunate day look for your characters?

RE: A typical monday - Warren Castille - 03-30-2015

While not entirely applicable, it gives me an excuse to link to Customer Servicer and I will always take the time to do that.

Show Content

RE: A typical monday - Rosamund - 03-30-2015

Probably starts off with Xiv waking Inarah up with a very loud, "GOOD MORNING! THE CLOUDS LOOK EXTRA TASTY TODAY!" or some other nonsense, as per usual with him. When she gets dressed, she finds Yoral's stuffed a toad or handful of slime in her boots. Stone Wall would rush up to her in a panic, having broken something expensive that she'll have to pay to repair, and when she grabs some breakfast, she sees Kilid ate the cake she was saving herself.

Oh, and of course, it'll be raining.

RE: A typical monday - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-30-2015

Franz used to have a whole little morning routine.

A particularly bad start to a day would likely involve two or more of the following.
  • Rolling/Falling off his bed
  • Not fitting in a morning jog/swim/workout (it's a de-stresser)
  • Not having breakfast
  • Being unable to find clean clothes after a wash
  • Not having some quiet time in the morning to reflect
  • Being interrupted in any of the above

RE: A typical monday - Gegenji - 03-30-2015

I think with Chachan it's mostly having to deal with Memeli and Virara's antics. More the former than the latter, though the former can CAUSE the latter. Some manner of prank Meli pulls gets Virara believing something that isn't true and Chachan having to deal with the fallout for that. I think the best example of that was when Meli got Virara drunk and Chachan had to deal with an angry, drunk Virara in the middle of an Ul'dahn restaurant.

And then Meli herself can often be a handful. She could suddenly decide that, since she's the latest incarnation of some ancient hero, that she should totally learn how to swing an axe around even though she has the upper body strength of a baby deer. Now Chachan has to try and keep her from bodily throwing the axe (and herself) around Coralhaus and causing excessive property damage.

Then, if it was a Saturday and not a Monday, he'd head off to the Grindstone after all that and lose to another lancer. Maybe that's why he keeps losing. He's worn out from dealing with those two (mostly Meli) on a regular basis. Laugh

RE: A typical monday - Alothia - 03-30-2015

Oi. So Alothia's Mondays are much like this:
  • Attempt to get up in the morning
  • Fail miserably
  • Actually roll off of the bed
  • Make tea
  • Take a bath
  • Do paperwork
  • Try to drum up some business by posting advertisements
  • Check in with the Adders
  • Go home
  • Eat
  • Wait for Khale
  • Sleep
Good times.

Unrelated comic:
Show Content

RE: A typical monday - Berrod Armstrong - 03-30-2015

Berrod usually starts off his Firesday face down in bed because he doesn't sleep much on the weekends.

RE: A typical monday - Nebbs - 03-30-2015

I start off well but it always ends the same

[Image: giphy.gif]