Hydaelyn Role-Players
[SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=10890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Berrod Armstrong - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 07:55 AM)Yssen Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 07:36 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 10:50 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: So I just found this on a friend's enjin. I think it's pretty ironic foreshadowing from last bit of MSQ.

Except... he never did.

He clearly explains his motivations and outright states that Raubahn was fair game because he'd betrayed his fellow Ala Mhigans... somehow. At best, it explains why he did what he did when coupled with that. His own are the Ala Mhigans - and probably when Lolorito fucks them over once more he'll have to eat his words.

And then goes into the whole ramble about how the sultana softened him up and shit.
 I think Soussy meant Raubahn's arm being cut off. Also, dude is still a traitor.
It's foreshadowing, so it doesn't have to be literal. Just the mention of cutting off an arm and betrayal is enough for it to qualify. Who betrayed who and cut off whose arm for what doesn't really matter!

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Dante Abigor - 04-12-2015

Am I the only one who is hoping that Gaius somehow survived now that he randomly showed up in the credits artwork?

Cause he was my favorite character, and the original O.G.

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Cynel1 - 04-28-2015

Well the ending shows that SE Has Balls.
Show Content

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Cato - 04-29-2015

(04-12-2015, 06:54 PM)Dante Abigor Wrote: Am I the only one who is hoping that Gaius somehow survived now that he randomly showed up in the credits artwork?

Cause he was my favorite character, and the original O.G.

I feel as though it was a waste to kill off Gaius. Nero should have taken his place - Gaius was fairly likeable in my eyes and I actually agreed with his motivations. Eorzea does need to be saved from itself as the recent situation in Ul'dah proves. :p

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Kellach Woods - 04-29-2015

Hey guys, remember Estinien?

I think they modified the DRG 50 script to retrofit the fact that he shows up in 2.55 - but I've never done DRG 50 before this patch so I dunno. Anyone know where I could find the original DRG 50 quest text?

I disagree with the whole "Eorzea needs saving from itself". It's one city, filled with assholes, that have always been assholes (Hildibrand Quest finale) that deserve nothing but to be eradicated from the map as they bring forth nothing of actual value to anyone other than Lolorito.

In addition, in the Garlean perspective, it's entirely a "religious" war - as in, they believe in the Twelve/Eikons ergo they are dumb and we need to rescue them from this idiocy.

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Warren Castille - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 07:44 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I disagree with the whole "Eorzea needs saving from itself". It's one city, filled with assholes, that have always been assholes (Hildibrand Quest finale) that deserve nothing but to be eradicated from the map as they bring forth nothing of actual value to anyone other than Lolorito.

In addition, in the Garlean perspective, it's entirely a "religious" war - as in, they believe in the Twelve/Eikons ergo they are dumb and we need to rescue them from this idiocy.

Do you have any idea at all how much of a prick you sound like? Way to just write off the entirety of Ul'dahn RP.

Yes, I mad.

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Blue - 04-29-2015

I heard Thancred was possessed by Lahabrea. #wikileaks

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Kellach Woods - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 07:47 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Do you have any idea at all how much of a prick you sound like? Way to just write off the entirety of Ul'dahn RP.

Yes, I mad.

You mean the RP that has absolutely no bearing upon the actual in-game lore? That will never be taken into consideration into scenario writing of the actual game? The scenario and backstory that we are currently discussing in this thread independent of RP?

Yes, I completely dismissed that the same way the developers would. RP is in REACTION to that. My personal opinions on Ul'dah lie only in what's shown in-game as I'm not involved in any Ul'dah RP.

(Debate for another thread, but seriously, anyone who's into Ul'dah RP has no place about complaining that their RP is dismissed considering how little non-Ul'dah RP there actually is - I mean, start a "Let's get ourselves another RP hub!" thread and see if that actually does anything this time around. It sure didn't the last three times I saw it.

But as I said debate for another thread.)

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Warren Castille - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 07:51 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 07:47 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Do you have any idea at all how much of a prick you sound like? Way to just write off the entirety of Ul'dahn RP.

Yes, I mad.

You mean the RP that has absolutely no bearing upon the actual in-game lore? That will never be taken into consideration into scenario writing of the actual game? The scenario and backstory that we are currently discussing in this thread independent of RP?

Yes, I completely dismissed that the same way the developers would. RP is in REACTION to that. My personal opinions on Ul'dah lie only in what's shown in-game as I'm not involved in any Ul'dah RP.

(Debate for another thread, but seriously, anyone who's into Ul'dah RP has no place about complaining that their RP is dismissed considering how little non-Ul'dah RP there actually is - I mean, start a "Let's get ourselves another RP hub!" thread and see if that actually does anything this time around. It sure didn't the last three times I saw it.

k

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Desu Nee - 04-29-2015

Gaius was right and wrong, as to expected of the type of villain he is. Eorzea NEEDS saving, Eorzea NEEDS a definitive solution to the Primal problem, and the nations are in general quite corrupt and too busy bickering amongst themselves to truly do something to the situation of the nation in general. Gaius offer is quite appealing, with the Ultima weapon truly settling the Primal threat, almost makes you feel like the Garlean offer isn't too bad...

Then you realize that most population would be completely enslaved, the Ultima Weapon was messing up with the balance of the aether, which would have brought massive consequences, the other primals would be summoned out of despair, and the situation would get even worse, and the rule Gaius offer is NOT the rule Garlemald truly gives.

He had his heart somewhat in the right place, but he was pretty much rogue at that point, and completely out of his reality. Or he knew, and was giving you the salesman car offer bullshit.

Gaius indeed was a really interesting villain, and his death WAS quite wasteful. I don't really see him surviving, but it would be really neat if some other Garlean picked up his banner on Garlemald, like a spiritual sucessor. Nero isn't too bad really, he's on his own path, and his jealousness of Cid was quite interesting. I do hope we see them again, as I hope someday a Garlemald expansion comes. It would be like infiltrating the fire nation of Book 4 on Avatar Last Airbender.

whichisthebestavatar

If they want to keep him around, they'll find a way.

RE: [SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2 - Desu Nee - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 07:51 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:

Yes, I mad.

Because Ul'dah is the hub since 1.0 AFAIK and even if it's a rotten core, it's still the city that get most exploration and development of it's politics, and people and characters in general. While I agree Ul'dah has a putrid core with exceptions, it's still the most interesting city as of now.

Gridania and Limsa are kinda lacking, I really hope SE gives them more care, specially Limsa.

(04-29-2015, 07:57 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: If they want to keep him around, they'll find a way.
Well yeah, but I would just wonder how the fuck Gaius escaped a exploding station, when he just stood still for his epic final words before a wave of fire just burned him to crisps.

(04-29-2015, 07:57 AM)Desu Nee Wrote: Because Ul'dah is the hub since 1.0 AFAIK and even if it's a rotten core, it's still the city that get most exploration and development of it's politics, and people and characters in general. While I agree Ul'dah has a putrid core with exceptions, it's still the most interesting city as of now.

Gridania and Limsa are kinda lacking, I really hope SE gives them more care, specially Limsa.

It's the city that gets the most exploration and development because the devs deem it so (likely this has to do with various metrics that I've not seen) and because their planned storyline passed through Ul'dah this time around.

I foresee absolutely nothing for Limsa in this expansion cycle, and likely a plot twist of immense proportions for Gridania. Nostradawoods has spoken Tongue

Ul'dah was the location of the headquarters of the Path of the Twelve, so it was the only city worth staying in. Similar to how Horizon is a major travel point for 2.0.

But nah, it's probably better to leave all of that character progression and drama by the wayside and glass it. Who wants interesting story when we can have trees or snow or whatever the fuck else?