Hydaelyn Role-Players
Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] (/showthread.php?tid=10892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - ChewableMorphine - 03-31-2015

So, this patch was a kick to the dick and a purple nurple wrapped in a Bolton flaying session in terms of my favorite characters were hurt and thus making me hurt.

But aside from that, shit went down. And I wouldn't be surprised that your character would be effected in some way, shape, or form. This is that thread, obviously I doubt people will make a splash out of it ICly too soon for spoilers, but here's where we can talk about how your characters were impacted by these MSQ events. I'm looking at you, Brass Blade/Sworn RPers.

Flynt, for one, is in a state of panic that major Ul'Dahn figures are being picked off, which in his eyes (And ignorant assumption that he's relevant), may include himself.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Coatleque - 03-31-2015

How did Flynt even know? All the NPC dialogue that has been presented make it look like the whole thing is covered up. Even the Grand Master of the Sultansworn is in the dark.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Aduu Avagnar - 03-31-2015

Nako won't know initially, but can put two and two together, and after all, he's been on the hilt end of an assassins knife before, so knows the drill when someone significant dies.
so it may be some months, it may be later, Don't know until it becomes relevant to my RP XD

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - ChewableMorphine - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 03:55 PM)Coatleque Wrote: How did Flynt even know?  All the NPC dialogue that has been presented make it look like the whole thing is covered up.  Even the Grand Master of the Sultansworn is in the dark.
Word of mouth, it's all garbled up in rumor and nonsense to the commonfolk (or I'd like to believe so), which I use to bolster the insanity. There's always gonna be one guy who says one thing and it devolves into a game of broken telephone and suddenly the Sultana was eaten by a Marmot and Raubahn is now Jax from Mortal Kombat.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Domri Blackblade - 03-31-2015

Domri responded to the call to arms in Coerthas when they sought the aid of mercs and sellswords so that's where he'll be for a while.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Cato - 03-31-2015

I don't feel comfortable having Graeham brush shoulders with major lore figures. His trade involves the gathering of useful information but I'm going to avoid getting him involved with anything related to what just happened in Ul'dah.

He may learn of it eventually but for the time being he'll be much more concerned with what happened in Coerthas.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Zelmanov - 03-31-2015

Orrin's in Coerthas. However, I am very puzzled about Estinien's positive standing given his past actions....

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Aduu Avagnar - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 04:12 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I don't feel comfortable having Graeham brush shoulders with major lore figures. His trade involves the gathering of useful information but I'm going to avoid getting him involved with anything related to what just happened in Ul'dah.

He may learn of it eventually but for the time being he'll be much more concerned with what happened in Coerthas.

I don't like to do it with Nako either, it will simply come about from rumors and the like, especially if he signs back up with the Flames like he is considering. The Flame General in prison, The Sultana bedridden... that stinks to someone as paranoid as Nako XD

(03-31-2015, 04:14 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: Orrin's in Coerthas. However, I am very puzzled about Estinien's positive standing given his past actions....
Could be that it simply wasn't reported, and that the whole Nidhogg possession thing was a temporary piece... I need to rewatch that stuff.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Virella - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 04:14 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: Orrin's in Coerthas. However, I am very puzzled about Estinien's positive standing given his past actions....

So am I, truly. Hey, it is already going Game of Thrones mode, so I have my own thoughts about it all!

But, Vi will be rushing back to Coerthas today. I cannot wait till this damnable raid finishes so I can go roleplay.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Cato - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 04:14 PM)Nako Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 04:12 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I don't feel comfortable having Graeham brush shoulders with major lore figures. His trade involves the gathering of useful information but I'm going to avoid getting him involved with anything related to what just happened in Ul'dah.

I don't like to do it with Nako either, it will simply come about from rumors and the like, especially if he signs back up with the Flames like he is considering. The Flame General in prison, The Sultana bedridden... that stinks to someone as paranoid as Nako XD

Well, even if Graeham does catch wind of the rumours he loathes Ul'dah enough as it is. Once the events do happen to seep into the public eye it'll simply reinforce his view that the city is a cesspit and that anyone with a good heart is liable to be stabbed in the back. :p

He'll continue to see it as a lost cause and funnel his efforts into aiding Coerthas in light of recent events there.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Domri Blackblade - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 04:17 PM)Virella Douront Wrote:

So am I, truly. Hey, it is already going Game of Thrones mode, so I have my own thoughts about it all!

But, Vi will be rushing back to Coerthas today. I cannot wait till this damnable raid finishes so I can go roleplay.

COME ROLEPLAY WITH ME BB. MY BODY IS READY.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Zelmanov - 03-31-2015

So also, if you talk to the flame commander, he says that supposedly the incident is being withheld from the public. So thing appear as they are on the surface. Basically if you weren't part of the elite in that banquet. You may have some MASSIVE mountains to move to get that info.

***EDIT***

scratch that, Mother Miounne has heard of the incident. seems its the world's worst kept secret

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - ChewableMorphine - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 05:10 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: So also, if you talk to the flame commander, he says that supposedly the incident is being withheld from the public. So thing appear as they are on the surface. Basically if you weren't part of the elite in that banquet. You may have some MASSIVE mountains to move to get that info.

***EDIT***

scratch that, Mother Miounne has heard of the incident. seems its the world's worst kept secret

Flynt did his homework. Thumbsup

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Titor - 03-31-2015

I think that it will take a bit before the plot kind of trickles into RP. I kind of see this as being quite covered up. I intend on not bringing any of these events to the forefront of RP in my FC until it moves out of 'spoilers' territory and more into common knowledge. However, at this point, Titor might know a bit of what happened due to his involvement in the Flames, but will be kept under secrecy and acting as if nothing had happened. 

However, I do not intend for it to drive RP for myself anytime soon.

RE: Before the Fall Vs. You [Major spoilers] - Zyrusticae - 03-31-2015

Fortunately for T'rahnu, the politics of Ul'dah are far, far, FAR away from being anywhere near her list of concerns right now. If she does hear about it, it'll be more of a "oh, well that happened" reaction than anything else.