Hydaelyn Role-Players
duty finder msq - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: duty finder msq (/showthread.php?tid=10973)

duty finder msq - Jarbalmung - 04-06-2015

Due to not being able to use the offical forums. Some sort of sessions bug I will ask this here.

I am approaching 50 and know there are two 8 man dungeons tied to the MSQ. I want to finish the msq asap. So, the question is this. If i use the 'join in progress' part of duty finder will that shortened run count as completion for that roadblock quest?

RE: duty finder msq - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-06-2015

It should still count as completed, but with Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium in the Main Story Duty Roulette, you'll find many players who want to go through those fast anyways.

If this is an RP/story concern, most groups I've seen are usually happy to let players watch the cutscenes, but may try to clear out/avoid any fights while doing so.

RE: duty finder msq - Gegenji - 04-06-2015

It does, yeah. The quest basically just checks if you killed the boss, not if you were there at the start of the Trial. Same thing happens with dungeons, too - you'll note that the red "you need to do something here" circle is always around the last boss' room.

It's more a matter of actually getting into a trial or dungeon where someone bailed or was kicked out. Though, in the case of the former, it might be because it was a bad group. So, be careful, I suppose.

RE: duty finder msq - Jarbalmung - 04-06-2015

Wow quick replies! Thanks for the responses!

RE: duty finder msq - SicketySix - 04-06-2015

On Balmung it only takes about 15-30 minutes usually to get into a fresh run.

I usually just que up and then start crafting or leveling a secondary class till it pops. Makes it seem so much shorter instead of sitting there waiting for it.

RE: duty finder msq - Seriphyn - 04-07-2015

You...you came onto a roleplayer forum and...announced that you wanted to Join in Progress, therefore...skip the cutscenes?

SKIP THE CUTSCENES?!

/em clutches temples in terror, dropping to his knees screaming.

RE: duty finder msq - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-07-2015

(04-07-2015, 03:52 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: You...you came onto a roleplayer forum and...announced that you wanted to Join in Progress, therefore...skip the cutscenes?

SKIP THE CUTSCENES?!

Don't know about you, but I'd go insane if I watched 100% of the Praetorium cutscenes every time.

RE: duty finder msq - Magellan - 04-07-2015

(04-07-2015, 03:52 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: You...you came onto a roleplayer forum and...announced that you wanted to Join in Progress, therefore...skip the cutscenes?

SKIP THE CUTSCENES?!

I've skipped all dungeon related cutscenes up to this point ^^

RE: duty finder msq - SicketySix - 04-07-2015

I skipped all cutscenes that where possible to skip, thru the whole game.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

RE: duty finder msq - Seriphyn - 04-07-2015

I'm surrounded by casuals!

RE: duty finder msq - SicketySix - 04-07-2015

(04-07-2015, 04:10 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: I'm surrounded by casuals!

Easy brah, you almost got your hardcore on my jeans....

RE: duty finder msq - Jana - 04-07-2015

It's fine to skip dungeon cutscenes because you can rewatch them in the Inn, but in the cases of Castrum/Praetorium, you won't get to see your entire 8man party in them that way.

RE: duty finder msq - Jarbalmung - 04-07-2015

Yea just trying to get them done and finish the msq in prep for 3.0. MSQ is 'ehhh' imo.

I make my own characters story in mmos. Never tie into the main story. "Im the warrior of light!", "No, I am!", "But I defeated the big baddies!", "No you did not!, I did!".