Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) (/showthread.php?tid=1103)

Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Kylin - 12-20-2011

Gamer Escape recently had another interview with Yoshida. Most relevant to us specifically would be the following:

Quote:GamerEscape: You told Famitsu that you are thinking about making new servers focused on different languages. Are there any plans to designate roleplay servers? I know the players on Besaid would love to be officially recognized as an RP server.

Yoshida: We do recognize a need to set up a designated roleplaying world. We will look into this in a proactive manner!

The full article can be viewed here.

Re: Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Verence - 12-20-2011

We would? I'm kind of 'meh' about the notion of being OFFICIALLY recognized as an RP server if all it earns us is a nametag and no more. If it gets us actual greater consideration/interaction with IC elements of the setting / GMs then hell yeah, otherwise I can see as much good as bad in having an 'official' designation that changes nothing. I'm not against it, I'm just not really excited about it either.

Re: Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Smiling River - 12-21-2011

I'd prefer the label, just so it's clear to newbies and existing players.

Also:

Quote:GamerEscape: Currently there are Garlean forces that appear around Eorzea. Right now they’ve been seen around Camp Glory. However, the timing of these events seems random. I’ve actually spent hours sitting in Ul’dah waiting for the NPC to show up for these! Do you think you could make these events more frequent so that players have a better chance of running into this kind of event?

Yoshida: We are currently planning on increasing the frequency of these events, starting with a new type of live event in patch 1.20. However, it was determined that announcing every live event may lead to congestion and even cause a bit of unwanted confusion, so we’ve decided it to keep their schedule secret. Personally, I believe that happening across one of these unpredictable events makes them all the more exciting!

GamerEscape: Are all of these changes that get made to the world map explained somehow? I mean it looks like there is a tower that just appears out of nowhere in this lake in Northern La Noscea. I want to know how it got there!

Yoshida: Some of these changes will be explained through the events related to the coming Seventh Umbral Era scheduled for the months leading up to the launch of 2.0. Most of the reasons, however, will be revealed by completing quests and instanced raids in 2.0. Players will become aware of the pending disaster in Eorzea through continued play, but detailed stories will take place after 2.0.

GamerEscape: In the live producer letter, you made a mention of “dragon and meta-human races” Could you elaborate a little more on that? Are these playable races?

Yoshida: This is something planned further down the road, but we plan on adding a new type of demi-human player character in a post-2.0 expansion. We are still in the development phase, so I cannot provide you with any concrete details, but we’ll let you know more about this new race as we get closer to
implementation.

GamerEscape: Odin is referred to as an elder primal. Is that any different from say, Ifrit or Garuda?

Yoshida: The title “elder primal,” was meant to signify that Odin is a primal from an earlier era. The primals in FFXIV represent powerful deities worshipped by the beast tribes. These deities can be summoned by the tribes, and appear to be drawn to the intense emotions, such as pain and suffering, of their followers. Odin is classified as a primal, but his background is very different from that of the others. I can say that Odin’s background will be revealed exactly at the release 2.0, but I hope to have information for you all soon.

Re: Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Eeam - 12-27-2011

Any form of recognition is a step forward in my book.

Re: Gamer Escape Interviews Yoshida (with RPers mentioned!) - Selyne - 02-09-2012

I would love a designated RP server! It would be beneficial both to those looking for a more immersive experience, and to those who prefer not to be on a RP server. There are people who feel strongly about it both ways, and this would help new players make a more informed decision when choosing a server.