Hydaelyn Role-Players
Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] (/showthread.php?tid=11032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - SM Nick - 04-09-2015

I was thinking of starting up a body-switch RP thread in Town Square, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join in. Like they can even contribute somehow as to how it all happened and how to fix it.

As for denoting who is speaking in whose body, I'm thinking of doing it like this for me:

Body (Mind), as in Sakura (Solis) means that it is Solis in Sakura's body.

Any ideas or anyone wanna join in?

UPDATE: ADDED RULES!
1. Upper limit of people is currently set at 5, not counting my own characters.
2. No inappropriate or sexual stuff to be posted. The most I can allow is slight groping of their own body to make sure if it's true that they have been switched.
3. This RP will be mostly non-canon. If you wish to use this RP to develop your character then don't take it too heavily.
4. Stuff will be updated in the RP thread in Town Square in spoiler tags.

Posters (to be updated and added if ok):
(Solis and Celestia are switching, so is Niklas and Rena BTW)

1. Titor (switching with Max)
2. Ramumuh (Ramona, switching with Alice)
3. Aaron (switching with Sakura)

RE: Body-Switching! - Warren Castille - 04-09-2015

...I would be terrified of what people might do with it.

RE: Body-Switching! - SM Nick - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 08:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: ...I would be terrified of what people might do with it.

Dude it's supposed to be funny and unique. I don't think there's ever been a body-switching RP thing in RPC yet. I would love to have it done at least between my 6 characters, but it would be cool to see it happen amongst a lot more people, then all of them joining forces to reverse the process.

RE: Body-Switching! - Warren Castille - 04-09-2015

I, too, liked Kokoro Connect.

RE: Body-Switching! - SicketySix - 04-09-2015

Self groping ensues!

RE: Body-Switching! - Gharen - 04-09-2015

(Obnoxious sig, Blocks image.)

So I don't want to be that guy, but didn't you think "accidental" sex was funny too? Hate to break it to you but this sounds just as juvenile as that did.

(04-09-2015, 10:42 PM)Gharen Wrote: (Obnoxious sig, Blocks image.)

So I don't want to be that guy, but didn't you think "accidental" sex was funny too? Hate to break it to you but this sounds just as juvenile as that did.

I'm just trying to bring some unique stuff here, and yes I'm trying to fix my signature being too big. I have a big imagination so these things just come to me.

EDIT: FINALLY fixed my sig.

RE: Body-Switching! - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-09-2015

.....on a more serious note, if you did go ahead with this idea, i'm curious what would exactly be the thing triggering the body swapping?

(04-09-2015, 10:52 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:

.....on a more serious note, if you did go ahead with this idea, i'm curious what would exactly be the thing triggering the body swapping?

LOL well I'm still figuring that out. It would have to be something small that allows for other people to be swapped as well, like a small orb or something. Like some magic words could accidentally be said and the swap occurs, and something else reverses it all. Need other ideas as well that can help.

RE: Body-Switching! - Gharen - 04-09-2015

[youtube]WV4-rQvrTkU[/youtube]

Not all ideas are good ones. I see this turning into thread lock bait just before or just after devolving into a childish game of grab ass.

(04-09-2015, 11:11 PM)Gharen Wrote: [youtube]WV4-rQvrTkU[/youtube]

Not all ideas are good ones. I see this turning into thread lock bait just before or just after devolving into a childish game of grab ass.

My god just lighten up. The basic plot would be that my characters find the body-swap device, they lose the device somewhere, and a lot of swapping happens. They then find all the people who got swapped and try to reverse the process together.

RE: Body-Switching! - Edgar - 04-09-2015

Why is anyone opposed to this when we are a community of people who abuse Fantasia so we can swap genders and even SPECIES?

Edit: Gharen, calm down. Damning a thread before it even has a chance to go anywhere? Not cool, unless the idea is stupendously horrible. And even then, it would be locked long before you had a chance to comment on it.

(04-09-2015, 11:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: Why is anyone opposed to this when we are a community of people who abuse Fantasia so we can swap genders and even SPECIES?

EXACTLY! It's just like that although this time the bodies themselves stay the same. It's the MINDS of people that get switched. Like person A's mind goes into person B's body and vice versa. It's viewing everything from a different perspective.

RE: Body-Switching! - FreelanceWizard - 04-09-2015

Whoa, everyone. There's a lot of hostility early on here. Let's try to stay civil, please? I mean, Futurama did a good episode with body-switching. Smile

#magicAdminHat

RE: Body-Switching! - Faye - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 11:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: Why is anyone opposed to this when we are a community of people who abuse Fantasia so we can swap genders and even SPECIES?

Edit: Gharen, calm down. Damning a thread before it even has a chance to go anywhere? Not cool, unless the idea is stupendously horrible. And even then, it would be locked long before you had a chance to comment on it.

Because this isn't about someone changing their character's body, it's about someone being in the body of someone else's character. People are understandably hesitant about allowing for their own character's body to potentially be abused.