Hydaelyn Role-Players
Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] (/showthread.php?tid=11032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Body-Switching! - Aldotsk - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 01:18 AM)Faye Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 12:01 AM)SM Nick Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 11:59 PM)Faye Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 11:57 PM)SM Nick Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 11:51 PM)Faye Wrote: Can I propose something looping back to Fantasia? For April Fool's Day, my FC did a fun little RP event where those of us interested Fantasia'd our character's because they were ICly "cursed" and had to find a way to break it. If you want to avoid all the trouble with role-players concerned about their character's bodies being groped or misused, I think that could be a decent alternative for some light-hearted RP centered around waking up in another body. The basic idea is still there, minus the creepy factor.
Ok but you got to factor in the fact that it costs RL money for a Fantasia, and some of us might not have enough money to get one or two.

Maybe I misread or was just presumptuous; I thought this was gonna be a forum role-play since body-switching would be kind of odd to do in-game since it can't really be portrayed without Fantasias, either. Either way, if it was just going to be an imagined change anyway, Fantasias wouldn't actually be necessary regardless.

It IS forum RP. This would not be done in-game; it would be done in the Town Square and it would be like an open thread.

Then... why would people have to pay money for Fantasia potions in game...?

I think you missed a point in what he said. He was just replying to your April Fools event where he cant do Fantasia because people might not have money to pay for the bottle so he wants to do it through forum so we can pretend to do it.

RE: Body-Switching! - Faye - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 01:21 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: I think you missed a point in what he said. He was just replying to your April Fools event where he cant do Fantasia because people might not have money to pay for the bottle so he wants to do it through forum so we can pretend to do it.

I don't think I'm the one who missed a point @_@ I wasn't suggesting he do exactly what we did, just that having characters wake up in different bodies rather than swapping bodies is a safer alternative with the same general idea. Mentioning we did it in game with Fantasias may have been a bit of a tangent, but I didn't think it'd distract from the point that much.

RE: Body-Switching! - SM Nick - 04-10-2015

Ok I am currently thinking up a set of guidelines for the RP just to end this battle. Whoever is opposed to the guidelines don't whine please. It's my first major RP event I'm hosting so go easy on me.

RE: Body-Switching! - Warren Castille - 04-10-2015

I'm not sure which is more desirable as a roleplayer: A thread with zero replies in it or a thread with multiple pages of people discussing if it's worth doing or not.

RE: Body-Switching! - Titor - 04-10-2015

I always wanted to do something like this, unfortunately it would not be the best thing right now for Titor and I do not have enough money to spend on extra fantasias :<

I think it is a neat idea though, and one I had a few times myself back when I did have spare fantasias (But instead decided to go with the 'fantasia accident' angle for a week or two. That was fun)

RE: Body-Switching! - Aldotsk - 04-10-2015

I'd honestly think it'd be considered not worthy since it is an optional event and fun thing for people to consider to be non-canon. Worthy makes it sound like if there will be a deep character development connection, but this is just for silly events to have fun and to make friends more than anything.

My personal advice is to just go with flow and make rules, and make strategies on how to work it out. Also I'd prefer to do it in game over forum since there won't be people writing in further details of this RP in a forum. If people can't afford Fantasia, they can just pretend to be someone else and only let the people who are participating be notified instead. After all, it's just only the people participating that'd know who's gotten their body switched or gender switched. How much can it hurt for you unable to afford a fantasia?

Rather than device, perhaps there might be other ways to change people's gender or body switching. Perhaps deity's play?

There has been already 4-5 people who shows interest but has slight issue in terms of affording a Fantasia bottle. It -can- work out. As long as you can try to tweak the rules for the participants. Also 5 people are usually enough to make a good amount of event. Too many can be just clustered and having a problem.

RE: Body-Switching! - SM Nick - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 01:18 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: I'd honestly think it'd be considered not worthy since it is an optional event and fun thing for people to consider to be non-canon. Worthy makes it sound like if there will be a deep character development connection, but this is just for silly events to have fun and to make friends more than anything.

My personal advice is to just go with flow and make rules, and make strategies on how to work it out. Also I'd prefer to do it in game over forum since there won't be people writing in further details of this RP in a forum. If people can't afford Fantasia, they can just pretend to be someone else and only let the people who are participating be notified instead. After all, it's just only the people participating that'd know who's gotten their body switched or gender switched. How much can it hurt for you unable to afford a fantasia?

Rather than device, perhaps there might be other ways to change people's gender or body switching. Perhaps deity's play?

There has been already 4-5 people who shows interest but has slight issue in terms of affording a Fantasia bottle. It -can- work out. As long as you can try to tweak the rules for the participants. Also 5 people are usually enough to make a good amount of event. Too many can be just clustered and having a problem.

Well the cause can be some ancient incantation from one of Max's rare books. Also I would like it to be forum RP because some of us might not be able to get online, like me, but I guess it depends on the other people joining in.

RE: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - SM Nick - 04-10-2015

UPDATED OP! ADDED RULES!

RE: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Titor - 04-10-2015

Ooooooh if it is non-canon sign me up!

RIP whoever gets Titor's anemic and garlean-experimented-on body o7

(04-10-2015, 06:41 PM)Titor Wrote: Ooooooh if it is non-canon sign me up!

RIP whoever gets Titor's anemic and garlean-experimented-on body o7

Cool! I'm accepting 4 others to be in it at the moment.

RE: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Kurt S. - 04-10-2015

Non-canon eh? Mind if I throw Kurt at this?

(04-10-2015, 07:46 PM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: Non-canon eh? Mind if I throw Kurt at this?

You're in! 3 more spots open!

RE: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Aaron - 04-10-2015

If I throw Aaron into this id prefer a female body just to freak him the hell out.

/claims Sakura

(04-10-2015, 08:45 PM)Aaron Wrote: If I throw Aaron into this id prefer a female body just to freak him the hell out.

/claims Sakura

Fine. I'm switching Solis and Celestia, and Niklas and Rena so if anyone wants to switch with Max let me know!

RE: Body-Switching! [Rules Added] - Kurt S. - 04-10-2015

Blech just disregard this. My choice is still Kurt since Ramen can't screw around and rewrite Aaron's identity like wear a variety of colors and dye the boy's hair blonde XD.

Ooh Erin's here...must resist..replacing Kurt with Ramona and askin that she get Aaron's body...the PERMANENT MARKER DEMANDS IT. If Ramen gets dibs on Aaron's body...*prepares the pot of millioncorn yellow dye*

Ugh....can switch Kurt out for Ramen? Also can I call dibs on Aaron's body well that's what I'd prefer at any rate.