Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? (/showthread.php?tid=11187)

Pages: 1 2 3

Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - industrythirteen - 04-20-2015

If this has already been brought up, I apologize, and I will defer to that thread. And this may belong under character connections later down the line, but I would like to get an idea of what Xaela Auri RPers plan to do with their backstories. 

So far, we know that the Xaela are often engaged in conflicts with different tribes. Or, they were. I am under the impression (if my impression is incorrect, feel free to correct me) that the Garleans basically adopted a scorched earth policy in regards to Othard due to difficulties presented by the native inhabitants. So, what is to say the same underlying mistrust or warring attitudes wouldn't follow the Xaela as they come over to Eorzea? Would tribes be completely scattered, or would some members still hang together for mutual protection? Even if they have to adapt from their old ways to new ways, resentments sometime remain. 

Would folks be interested in tying some of their backstories together, forming tribes that either dislike one another, or forming alliances between tribes? Coming up with tribe-specific lore as more information is released?

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - V'aleera - 04-20-2015

As my prospective Au Ra character is likely to be Xaela I would be entirely open to the idea of attaching her to a greater clan dynamic.

One important thing to note is that Doma specifically was targeted to be razed. Othard as a continent was not (though it seems implied that the region is under pretty iron-fisted rule).

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Maril - 04-20-2015

Definitely interested in establishing connections ^^ With some people from my fc we're planning a small tribe, which definitely could be opened up for more but certainly would also love to have some connections to other tribes, be they of warring conditions or not.

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - BearCave - 04-20-2015

I think it has some definite merits, and adds more to the community among the Au Ra players. It would most certainly give another form of connection and give a pre-existing condition for others to be able to roleplay amongst themselves and amongst different FCs outside of the "You survived?" "I survived!" "We survived! YAY!" type deal.

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Martiallais - 04-20-2015

I would also be very much game for this. My concept/idea's changed a little but I know we talked some about this so yeah, count me in. Cool

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Anzio - 04-20-2015

Some my actual family and I are planning to make the remnants of a small Au Ra tribe that were already pretty bad off when the Garleans rolled in. I wouldn't mind some estranged allies, or even some folks that were killing our people off Tongue

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Zhavi - 04-20-2015

I have a small obsession with pastoral nomads (scythians were pretty much the coolest thing ever), so I know I'll be making one... but before I do I wanna see a little more of what the devs planned for their nomads, since there are a loooot of ways for nomads to live.

That said, the easiest reason I could find for mine to come to eorzea was just resource scarcity. That's a pretty typical reason for the movement of people. Tongue

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Rosamund - 04-21-2015

(04-20-2015, 06:41 PM)industrythirteen Wrote: Would folks be interested in tying some of their backstories together, forming tribes that either dislike one another, or forming alliances between tribes? Coming up with tribe-specific lore as more information is released?

Myself and a few others in our FC are planning a tribe of sorts. Although we haven't plotted out too many details yet (more lore please!), I'd definitely be interested in some potential ally/enemy tribes. Smile

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Avalt Laguz - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 05:38 AM)Inarah Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 06:41 PM)industrythirteen Wrote: Would folks be interested in tying some of their backstories together, forming tribes that either dislike one another, or forming alliances between tribes? Coming up with tribe-specific lore as more information is released?

Myself and a few others in our FC are planning a tribe of sorts. Although we haven't plotted out too many details yet (more lore please!), I'd definitely be interested in some potential ally/enemy tribes. Smile

Same here! Got a small 4 person group of a larger tribe in the works for when H/W drops and even in the time leading up to it! PM for details :o

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Azureus Scipio - 04-21-2015

I would totally be down for this when I fantasia my Doman into an Au Ra. He's a child from both clans... but only because his mother was... well..... >.> ..... it rhymes with grape

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - mongi291 - 04-21-2015

I'm not sure if I'll make a Xaela character. But if I will, I'm looking forward to join a tribe FC.
I hope making some sort of Dark Knight equivalent to Free Paladins will be possible ICly, because I was planning a Xaela that learned the arts of Dark Knight and then went back to its tribe.

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Kurt S. - 04-21-2015

I'd be interested in this whole tribal stuff too but I'm usually in a bad spot to go asking around for some connections or RP in general. I blame my timezone.

Anyway he isn't going to be any of the new classes, nope, he'll just be some archer/scavenger dude.

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Aris - 04-21-2015

I love the sound of this! I don't know anyone else becoming an Au Ra, it would be amazing to make some connections beforehand Smile

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Azureus Scipio - 04-21-2015

If we all do get together to make a tribe, We'll need too choose a Matriarch/Patriarch and such. Just so people have an idea of their roles and such.

RE: Au Ra, Xaela tribal alliance and enemies? - Elysia - 04-21-2015

I'm going to jump in on this. I definitely have an Au Ra Xaela in the works and I love researching on and conceptualizing cultures and customs, so. Would love an opportunity to discuss and make connections! 

Looking forward to more lore as well... It's all I'm waiting for ;_;