Hydaelyn Role-Players
A bundle of letters - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A bundle of letters (/showthread.php?tid=11247)

A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 04-23-2015

Dear Mom,

I'm back in Ul'dah safe and sound! It was really nice visiting you after the Runestone. I feel like I learned a lot there, like I said! Next time I'll win for sure!

Guess what? I actually channeled aether into an element today! I was surprised to find Miss Wind (the Roegadyn lady from the Runestone I told you about) spending time at the Ossuary, so we went out through the gates and into the desert! And then she helped me make a fireball! Miss Wind told me to keep my eyes open and concentrate. I'm not so good at casting defensively, and getting fireballs thrown at you is scary! Don't ever let that happen Mom! Even if you think you can avoid it! It was safe, though. I'm okay, I promise!

That's basically all I did today. I'm hoping to get some more time with Miss Wind soon - I'm going to practice real hard to show her that I can learn these things, and that I'm not just someone who reads a lot! I want to make you feel proud of me!

Oh, and listen to the doctor, okay? Bed rest is important. You'll get over this thing in no time!

Love you and miss you,

Jubini Carabini

RE: A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 05-01-2015

Mom,

It's been such a busy week! I'm sorry I didn't get to write you again - did you get my last letter? I've been running around so much it might not have reached me! That's okay, though - unless you packed in any treats! I miss your cooking a lot.

I went to the Runestone again but didn't do very well. I ignored one of the most basic tenets outlined in "An Introduction to Practical Channeling of Aether Under Duress!" I got too excited and spent all of my aether before I could secure a victory. It's okay, though! I impressed some folks and Miss Wind said that I've got more potential than even she has! I don't know if I believe her, she's so wise and strong!

Oh! I got a new job! I'm officially a retainer for the Morbolvine Clan. Don't worry, your little boy didn't run off and try to join a miqo'te tribe! That'd be silly! Miss Wind and I are helping out where we can. It's a good thing, and they've got so many books! I'm going to read all of them!

My new address is on the outside envelope. Hopefully your letter reaches me this time!

Love you lots! Miss you lots too!

Jubini Carabini

RE: A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 08-02-2015

Master Carabini,

You previous letters, included, have not been delivered as expected. It is our sincerest hope that you contact the Wardens attached, and make peace.

Brother Peace

RE: A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 08-14-2015

It is here. I can feel it in my bones, I can sense it. The village is burned out, and the pack animals refused to come any nearer than the walls, but I know I've found it at last. Soon, very soon, I will have more details.

RE: A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 09-04-2015

There are yet to be fruits for my labors, but speaking with Anthin has made me more certain than ever - The remains of the buildings here aren't simply abandonment and rot. There was a great source of destruction here, and no true epicenter to be pinpointed. The damage isn't consistent across the ruins, either. Anthin is sure that this was the location of a great aetherial disturbance. The air is thick here, rife with lingering power and it is just waiting to be seized, to be used as it deserves to be. Something will have to be done about the others, but I can feel it in my weary bones. Soon, so very soon.

RE: A bundle of letters - Warren Castille - 10-30-2015

Every night I dream of the stars. It is so easy now. I can see them, great blazing things in black nothingness. I know what starfire is capable of. The gem is everything we had hoped and more! It cried out to me, longing to be wielded. The others, they would never have been able to carry on with it as I have. I've proven it to them, and none of them will raise fist or rod against me again. No one will.

I can feel it now. A part of me as it is supposed to be. Such a shame to have let this remain buried for so long! A relic of eras gone by, a meager fragment of history! No more. The world cannot shun weapons in a time of need, and I have both the prowess and the determination to make use of this one. I have already done too much and paid too high a cost to let it be for nothing. I will do what needs to be done. Of course I will! It isn't as if anyone is left to stop me!