Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO (/showthread.php?tid=11301)

Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 04-26-2015

A couple of folks were discussing the performances at last night competition and I said I would post how I did it in case people can learn or take from it.

Here is the performance filmed after the event and music added by Izayoi
[youtube]1h_7cm7-Umg[/youtube]

I hope this helps some to try performing. I did some tips long ago on bard performing macros if you are just starting (Bard Macroing)

Initial Concept was taken from a FF7 play that Cloud and Aerith did. There is a video of it here and it is quite funny, especially the alternative choices they could have made at the end of this clip.
Show Content

The play had to be 5-7min long so I decided on for characters and quick change format. I also wanted a mix of simple story and simple actions.

I messed with equipment to create the five main roles

[Image: ffxiv.exe_DX9_20150426_091619-ANIMATION.gif]

Show Content

I then created the text of the play and added in emotes and timing through trial and error. To make it easier I had 10 macros and also put the costume changes on hotbars.

Here is my screenshot and you can see I had each costume change setup next to the macro that followed it. So the play sequence was..

[Image: ffxiv.exe_DX9_20150425_220752.jpg]

Repeat until done
  1. Go behind the changing screen
  2. Select the costume
  3. Walk to stage
  4. Activate Macro
  5. Wait for macro to finish (a "." at the end of each macro does that Smile )

The audience sees simple narrative that is easy to follow as well as a character visualisation that emotes appropriately bringing the whole thing alive. I kept it very simple as there is a lot to take in and you really want the effect rather than some in depth thing that most will not bother with.

Show Content

Show Content

Happy to help if there are any questions etc.. *hugs* and happy performing.

RE: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 05-03-2015

For my second instalment I give you Pirate Love

[youtube]tIRWvRmqkbc[/youtube]

Show Content

RE: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 09-12-2015

Wedding Singer, at Yuki & Tzuki's wedding.

I sat down and talked with them about their life together and from that wrote a song that was performed at their wedding. Below is a quick reconstruction capture on our FC stage.

We found love in a Marmot Steak
[youtube]mSBnsxK_nHM[/youtube]

Show Content

RE: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 10-03-2015

Latest creation was for a Pirate Costume Party

[youtube]W59cNAW6sh4[/youtube]

Show Content

RE: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 11-05-2015

Latest instalment was a scary story at the Celebration of Autumn Stars - Sunday, October 25, 2015

Here you can see the use..
  • The echo channel to provide prompts to yourself
  • Job changes to enable summoning of the appropriate pet 
  • Costume changes with effects
[youtube]Wj2BU9Gx0GA[/youtube]

Show Content

RE: Nebula - One Woman Play REVEAL & HOW-TO - Nebbs - 12-21-2015

My latest one girl play, created for and performed at the Celebration of Gifts Event.

Here it is recreated in Sumi's room.

[youtube]OOvdkId0jLY[/youtube]

Show Content