Hydaelyn Role-Players
Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles (/showthread.php?tid=11396)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Aaron - 04-30-2015

Just tell everyone to shut up if you need quiet. It works every time. 

Don't listen to me.

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Kellach Woods - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 12:22 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: I'd have to dig up the dev post, but this is true. SE won't do it because of VRAM limitations, particularly on consoles.
Add it to PC options, problem solved.

(Also if they killed the PS3 version maybe. I don't envy the people working on the port-down version of Heavensward...)

One of the (many) reasons I avoid the Quicksand is pretty much that A) it's impossible to walk-up RP without a fuckton of OOC communication because of the chatter B) even within the RP itself following the actual chatter is a clusterfuck unless you're RPing in a party, at which point you may as well take it elsewhere unless you need to be at the Quicksand because reasons.

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - PerkPrincess - 04-30-2015

WHO ELSE IS READY TO MAKE AN ADDON TO SPECIFICALLY ADD CHAT BUBBLES?

I am. Because dear god I need them for big scenes.

Yoshi P, please hear my cry.

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Kellach Woods - 04-30-2015

If add-on support ever comes I'd certainly take it.

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Fox - 04-30-2015

Even though I don't care for chat bubbles, I severely and seriously support the idea of add-ons for them, because I'm not playing a single player game. ^^

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Qhora Bajihri - 05-01-2015

(04-30-2015, 01:53 PM)Foxberry Wrote: Only way I would personally support use of a chat bubble is if they make them toggled. It is especially obnoxious when your screen is covered with them in a large group. I'm seemingly a minority with this but eh.... cest la vie.

Minority, but not alone. I'm also one who always toggled chat bubbles off when they were an option. I'd rather skim endless pages for the name I'm looking for and possibly miss it than have bubbles all over the place.

That being said, obviously people miss it not being an option, so maybe it's something that should be considered. :o

I don't know what I'd do without timestamps, though. Probably lose my mind.

RE: Noisy Taverns and a Wish for Chat Bubbles - Tregarde - 01-16-2018

I just started and played over the weekend, and I noticed the lack of chat bubbles for players. I'm a social player, and in even a lightly crowded room with people I don't know (yet) it's very difficult to tell who is speaking. Or even if someone says something at random on a nearly empty street in passing, I still have to look around to see where it came from.

A toggle to turn text bubbles on would be most welcome. That way those of us who want them can have them, and those who don't can live without.