Hydaelyn Role-Players
Festival of Science and Magic - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Festival of Science and Magic (/showthread.php?tid=11442)

Pages: 1 2

Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-02-2015

Vylbrand Academy Presents:
The Festival of Science and Magic!

Come one! Come all! Welcome to Vylbrand Academy's first annual Festival of Science and Magic fair! That's right! You heard it! After kicking off with a talent show, we've decided to put up a science fair. Of course! With a science fair there will be some limitations and rules. If you are someone with a great theory or invention and looking to show it off to the world, this is the event for you!

This event will take place Saturday May 16th at 4pm EST and go on till we finish. As sometimes folks like to linger after the festivities. (Yes, it is another EU friendly event) at Vylbrand Academy (Plot 2, Ward 3). The stage for this event will take place in the basement at the Limsa Lager Bar and Theatre.

DEADLINE will be May 15th for submissions. You don't have to have your project entirely ready by then but it is important to let us know you plan to attend, etc.

So how this will work is each entrant will submit 1,000 gil to the ballot box operator once we prepare. The pot entirely goes back out to the players and sometimes folks donate extra for the end of the event for the prizes. It will be 50% to 1st place, 2nd 35% and 3rd will be 15%.

Each participate will come onto the stage and roleplay setting up their theory, experiment, or project on the stage. After this, they will demonstrate what they have said up and discuss it. Due to time constraints, we will not be able to have an open forum from the audience unless we don't have a huge amount of sign ups. We're keeping it to about 10 minutes max, 7-8 depending if we have an overwhelming amount of entrants.

Note: After the demonstrations end, we will do ballot voting again in terms of silent tells to one assigned person. We are doing it this way to prevent anyone from being upset if their project is not voted on.

Rules:
No explosions
No weapons
Nothing that can harm other characters – such as mind altering substances
No giant death robots (This is a joke)

Reason is simple, we want to keep this event clean and fun for all audiences.

Any questions, please feel free to pm me or send me a tell in game, or reply to this thread.

Thank you,

Kyra Tsukino, Headmistress of Vylbrand Academy

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Chris Ganale - 05-03-2015

You have Satomi in your FC. The "no giant death robots" joke isn't really a joke...

In all seriousness, Chao will observe. Unless she's been beat to hell or run off again by Garleans. She literally can't actually make a demonstration because all her science and magic involve violence.

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Nebbs - 05-03-2015

Nebbs rips down the flyer, "Science.. hogwash!"

She scrunches it up in her fist, "It's bad enough some whaco sorts believe in such made up delusional craziness, but to put it on the same thing as proven and reliable Magic is absurd and to give it equal weight is just insulting and idiotic."

Nebbs stops off magic static cracking through her hair, "Someone needs to stop these fool and bring down this travesty."

[youtube]gT9xuXQjxMM[/youtube]

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-03-2015

Still looking for entrants!

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Fox - 05-04-2015

Love this idea a lot. I'm not sure if C'sien would enter though as she's super shy.

There are a lot of science-y and magic types around on the rpc, kind of surprised at the smaller number of respondents. I really would like to see this happen.

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-04-2015

Thank you Foxberry. I am hoping we'll get some folks to sign up. I wanted to do something more academy-ish for an event, since that's partly our theme. Smile

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - FreelanceWizard - 05-05-2015

Alas, while L'yhta would love to bring out her SHISHCAPAB or AWESOME to show off -- particularly with a World's Fair style announcement/presentation -- I can't make a Saturday afternoon event. Sad I'll poke some other members of Mysterium, though, and see if anyone else would be interested!

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - DoomsdayClock - 05-05-2015

Oh I SO wish I could make this...maybe I can view some things at the tail end at least. ^_^

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Nadine Marteau - 05-05-2015

I would be interested in having Rosette attend and present her theory on aetheric influence on the Rhotano's marine life. Where might I actually declare a submission?

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-05-2015

You can do it on here, PM me on the forums, or send me a tell in game. I have you down as wanting to attend. Smile

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-06-2015

Still taking entrants up until the end of tomorrow night. So far I have one!

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-07-2015

Today is the final sign up day.

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-08-2015

Due to the lack of participants and folks stating it was a bad Saturday. We are postponing it till May 16th... SO if you want to sign up to be part of it. Sign ups run till May 15th.

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-09-2015

Hopefully with pushing it back, many of the folks will be able to attend. Smile

RE: Festival of Science and Magic - Sazuka - 05-11-2015

Remember, entrants -- sign up deadline is this coming Friday!