Hydaelyn Role-Players
How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? (/showthread.php?tid=11486)

How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Kage - 05-05-2015

FOR EXAMPLE:

I've reached this point where I really like the WAR Fighter Cuirass.
But I can't use it all the time because Kage has adapted to using an axe and a short sword so I am trying to make use of an outfit top that can use both (cuirass vs tabard, like foestriker's tabard)

It'd be nice to use the i90 craftable tabard but it's ARC BRD only.
Kage doesn't use... a bow?

ALSO I REALLY WANT HIM TO WEAR THE JERKIN
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Warwolf_Jerkin_of_Aiming
or the shirt of divine ex wait i only have the mnk version nvm

How does one resolve these issues ; ;

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Mercer - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 12:32 PM)Kage Wrote: FOR EXAMPLE:

I've reached this point where I really like the WAR Fighter Cuirass.
But I can't use it all the time because Kage has adapted to using an axe and a short sword so I am trying to make use of an outfit top that can use both (cuirass vs tabard, like foestriker's tabard)

It'd be nice to use the i90 craftable tabard but it's ARC BRD only.
Kage doesn't use... a bow?

ALSO I REALLY WANT HIM TO WEAR THE JERKIN
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Warwolf_Jerkin_of_Aiming
or the shirt of divine ex wait i only have the mnk version nvm

How does one resolve these issues ; ;

Level up those classes and hide your weapon. You don't have to RP out a class you've leveled, just don't acknowledge that you'd have to use those weapons. Mind, you'll never be able to glamor the items or use them in combat but it should work out well for RP.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Kage - 05-05-2015

The levels aren't the issue and it's not about class/job, I don't play Kage as a warrior just because he's swinging an axe around. It's because Kage does tend to get in situations where he's in combat.

So it's like... hurm but I want to use this outfit a lot. >.>;

edit: Examples: Kage is in Quicksand and a fight breaks out. He's going to be ready to get in there. He carries weapons at all times because he's learned he has to unless for special business reasons. So, it would be super awkward to just change outfits if the situation of a fight broke out for x reasons.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Mercer - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 12:40 PM)Kage Wrote: The levels aren't the issue and it's not about class/job, I don't play Kage as a warrior just because he's swinging an axe around. It's because Kage does tend to get in situations where he's in combat.

So it's like... hurm but I want to use this outfit a lot. >.>;

edit: Examples: Kage is in Quicksand and a fight breaks out. He's going to be ready to get in there. He carries weapons at all times because he's learned he has to unless for special business reasons. So, it would be super awkward to just change outfits if the situation of a fight broke out for x reasons.
Nothing you can really do then. Can't get around class restrictions. =/

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - OttoVann - 05-05-2015

I've been in this dilemma dozens of times, you learn to let it go and accept you can't always make the outfits you wanted to wear. I have a bit more flexibility IC since Otto is a non-combatant so I can be a wider range of jobs and therefore outfits, but sometimes you just have to, sadly, give up. The glamour system needs work.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Kismet - 05-05-2015

Just wear the tabard on BRD (or whatever outfit it is you want to wear on whatever job it is), hide the weapon, and pretend that you have his axe IC. People do it all the time.

Is it the most efficient or glamorous solution? No. Does it more or less get the job done? Yeah.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Marisa - 05-05-2015

I feel you bro. I've wasted hours working on almost that exact problem, with very little success.  

Show Content

Show Content

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Bauldric - 05-06-2015

I've had this issue a lot. Sometimes to the extent that I remake, tweak, or edit the story of the character with current interactions to make him change to what I want him to be. My solution always has been to find or add a story avenue to explain as to why suddenly I am okay with wielding a bow now. With my last character, I had it be a hunting thing. He really got into finding and hunting down dangerous beasts. While I can do that alright with a sword and shield, it's much easier if you can tag them from far away. I also befriended a archer type that was willing to persuade my character of it's benefits.

So there's my two cents on it.

EDIT: Forgot my chocobos.
ChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocoboChocobo

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Aduu Avagnar - 05-06-2015

I just try to use DoW generic stuff, or failing that, All Class stuff, yeah it looks less flashy, but it results in less issues overall.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - DeathGodSkeith - 05-08-2015

omg ryoko who did your bottom character art and can i pay them money.

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - Mae - 05-08-2015

Level up the class for the clothes, hide the weapon, and then designate the class/outfit as special occasions wear.

Or RP being really crappy at the class if you must fight. Use the bow as a really flimsy club, use the arrows as stabbing weapons...

RE: How do you resolve issues about character outfits? - SunTzu7 - 05-10-2015

Ninja tricks.

If I start in Ninja wearing whatever outfit, I allow myself a spontaneous costume change with Shukuchi and a gs change command.

If however I'm in any number of fabulous Bard outfits and a fight breaks out... Well I rely on hand to hand, diplomacy or bluffing my ass off. Can't be helped.