Hydaelyn Role-Players
Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition (/showthread.php?tid=11506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Dogberry - 05-06-2015

Alexander Stormwind's research on the Primals is complete. Rhianna Oruissi has done extensive research with him on Allagan ruins, and together they have located a potential location where information or practical technology could be found to make a breakthrough in their solution to The Primal Problem.

They have commissioned Captain Dogberry Himalspyr to look for brave souls willing to aid in an expedition into the heart of these ruins. Those interested in Allagan technology and Magitek are especially sought after, and will be rewarded handsomely with gil, information, and access to untouched Allagan technology.

There are many untold dangers within the ruins themselves. There may be some who will not return. However, the rewards of success no doubt justify the risk of death.

Of course, that has been the creedo by which this project operates.

The ends more than justify the means.

What: We will be running First Coil of Bahamut 1 - 4, and then Ultima Weapon HM.
What it is not: WE ARE NOT ACTUALLY DOING FIRST COIL OF BAHAMUT IN CHARACTER. This is an nondescript Allagan Ruin. Any resemlance to First Coil of Bahamut is purely the result of similar engineering on behalf of the Allagan empire.
When: Saturday, May 9th 3:00PM EST
Where: Camp Drybone, Eastern Thanalan

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Mikh'a - 05-06-2015

Just gonna... sit here... and say uhm. Yes. I would like to do this please. ._. And thank you. Please take me with you.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Kage - 05-06-2015

OHHHHH. I THINK I WILL HOME THEN

Can I come?

I am assuming that there will be some roleplay involved inside or right before queue?

PVE QUESTIONS
T2 = enrage or allagan rot? Roleplayed out?

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Stormwind - 05-06-2015

There will be role play done in, out and throughout the course of our adventure. As for T2, unless our DPS is severely lacking we'll likely kill all 8 ADS along the way then kill the last one at the bottom. That way the final ADS, while extremely buffed, only has one or two mechanics.

Everyone can come, the more the merrier. This is all about having fun. If we need to do multiple runs, fine. Dogberry and myself are not in the business of limiting how many people show up to our events just because of party size.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Dogberry - 05-06-2015

Yes! All are welcome! We do multiple teams and such if necessary. Yes, there will be RP going on before, during, and after. This is going to be the most meta-plotty of all the events we've done so far. The Primal runs were straight forward. This will give the primal fights actual context for those attending.

We actually did a T2 run recently. At this point it's easy to just kill everything in the dungeon and burn down the boss. We can play it by ear. Enrage, Rot, Murderdeathkilleverything, whatever people think is more fun.

And yes, we are doing Bahamut's Bouncy Castle.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Mikh'a - 05-06-2015

I've never done Rot so someone would have to help me out with that if that's what happens. But I'm willing to learn that's for sure. I hear it's just hot potato?

Otherwise I will happily spam all the medicas. 8D

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Dogberry - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 04:47 PM)Mikha Wrote: I've never done Rot so someone would have to help me out with that if that's what happens. But I'm willing to learn that's for sure. I hear it's just hot potato?

Otherwise I will happily spam all the medicas. 8D

Rot is easy. It just takes some communication. Know who to run to ahead of time, and keep an eye out for the debuff.

The last and first ever time I did rot = LET'S STAND ON EACH OTHER- DEAD.
Ok guys so let's see how this works. OH WOW THIS ROT AOE IS BIG.

We just spread out in this huge ass circle and ran in a direction when the buff timer went low >.>;

I will be willing to take any role and change my character if needed. I'm really interested to knowing how it all goes! Kage was quite interested about the time he helped some people and also that one guy that had to die. Poor Tom.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Chris Ganale - 05-06-2015

Chao is signed up. Definitely within the time that I can run it. =D

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Melkire - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 05:33 PM)Kage Wrote: Poor Tom.

I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT TOMBLEWEED

; A ;

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Meena - 05-06-2015

*revises nightmares she ha don PVE with Roleplayers*

I... I wish you luck.

Just make sure your DPS checks are all met and people know their roles and the mechanics of the fights.

(05-06-2015, 06:10 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 05:33 PM)Kage Wrote: Poor Tom.

I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT TOMBLEWEED

; A ;
I LIVE TO REMIND EVERYONE. THAT WE COULD NOT SAVE TOMBLEWEED.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Stormwind - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 06:26 PM)Meena Wrote: *revises nightmares she ha don PVE with Roleplayers*

I... I wish you luck.

Just make sure your DPS checks are all met and people know their roles and the mechanics of the fights.
First coil turns, outside of turn 5 can be generally face rolled. Turn 4 is a popular place to farm light during the relic grind. Given ilvls and echo buffs, plus that Dogberry and I are raiders, we feel comfortable taking people through the first four turns.

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Rhianna - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 06:26 PM)Meena Wrote: *revises nightmares she ha don PVE with Roleplayers*

I... I wish you luck.

We'll go over things oocly, but, as Alexander said, with current ilevels and with Echo, we should be fine. A few hiccups will be expected for those who need to learn the fights. Smile  It's not like we're hitting T5. XD

RE: Order of the Raven's Eye - Allagan Ruin Expedition - Chris Ganale - 05-06-2015

t5 scary. I wouldn't do it on Chao if we were doing t5. XD I'd sub in a pinch hitter.