Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your excuse for Ishgard? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your excuse for Ishgard? (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Your excuse for Ishgard? - Erik Mynhier - 05-10-2015

So we are all paying good money for this expansion. And rightfully so we want to play with the new and shiny things there in. As such many rpers are gearing up to rp in this brave new land. But how? Some of our characters have a built in reason to go but many don't have a reason. Reason or no we wanna go right? I know I wanna go ooc, and sure Erik has a few reasons possible but im sort of waiting to see how things roll out myself before moving forward.

So what are the ic reasons for your character to explore the north? Have you painstakingly planned out your rp path? Or are you just going whereever the wind may take you?

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Ciel - 05-10-2015

Pretty much a wait and see thing for me.  I don't know yet just how involved Ciel will be in stuff in and around Ishgard canon, and she'll probably have her hands full with other things including looking for certain people who may or may not have disappeared.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Virella - 05-10-2015

Being an Ishgardian elezen.

He he he. Easy wasn't it?

That said my mooncatte will be heading up north due his wandering ways, and the offerings of gil to the adventurers by Ishgardian nobles will be tempting him next to that.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Warren Castille - 05-10-2015

Right now I've got no intentions on moving Warren to Ishgard. Doesn't make sense, but we'll see.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Cailean Lockwood - 05-10-2015

"Oh look, a door has opened that wasn't open before. I wonder what is on the other si-HOLY MOTHER MENPHINA! A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOORLD! A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIE-Ouwwie! Why are you poking me? Yes, I was singing, so what? Anyways, let's check this place out..."

... Basically this.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Manari - 05-10-2015

I don't usually RP out the main story. You really can't when it has your character being the one true hero who is destined to save the realm time and time again. So regardless of what is happening in the main storyline or where the new expansions go, it doesn't really have any impact on my RP. As such, I wasn't really planning on going to Ishgard at all. If a good IC reason comes along, then I would, but I don't really see that happening.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Jessika Saphir - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:29 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: Being an Ishgardian elezen.

He he he. Easy wasn't it?
I'm in the same boat.  Though Jess's homecoming is more for...revenge, of sorts, and less a desire to actually visit Ishgard, lol

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Hyakki - 05-10-2015

Mamushi married an Ishgardian fugitive that still wants to fight for his homeland. She goes where he goes (to make sure he doesn't get executed or stomped by another dragon).

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Aaron - 05-10-2015

Once Aaron starts seeing people with large ass foreign greatswords and guns you'd bet your ass he's going to Ishgard. 

OHHHH THIS JUST REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING. INTERESTING NEW THREAD TIME!

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Chris Ganale - 05-10-2015

Only one of my characters has ties to Ishgard via his mentor, and since he didn't wind up dying at the Steps, Tahz isn't going to go full-on vengeance mode against the horde. He may be likely to poke his lance in and help out from time to time, but he's still aware he's very much got a death mark there.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - ZacharyVolfire - 05-10-2015

My Guild is one where we go on misadventures based around our little WoL. Where she goes we go to support her. Plus If Zach cna take his merchnatry to the skies MORE INCOME!

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Kellach Woods - 05-10-2015

If Ishgard's open for business, someone will want to carry goods up there and back. And not have these goods be attacked by bandits, dravinians or other ne'er-do-wells.

Perhaps the person who's package Kellach is carrying lies beyond the Steps of Judgement.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Cynel1 - 05-10-2015

Cyneler is going there to on a Diplomatic mission from the Flames.

Show Content

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-10-2015

as with her being flame; clio is basically going if erik goes. (that and to help keep him alive if he does go >.> ) if it were up to her; she'd just be roaming around using her skills for the highest payer or would have stuck with her last job ;p

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Hammersmith - 05-10-2015

Oh, there's reasons.

There's a looooot of reasons.

Just none of them anyone else needs to hear.