Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=11580)

Hello! - Lilia Lia - 05-12-2015

Hi!  I've been RPing for about 5 months on Balmung but mostly either with random walk-ups or with my Free Company.  But after attending a few of the RPC events on Balmung I decided to get a little more involved and branch out a bit.  So I'm going to just peek around the forums here and whatever.

MMORPG background
This would be my first.  But I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series.

RP experience
I used to play MUSHes/MUDs in the mid 2000s.  That was a lot of fun RP.  On the MUDs I played on, it was "RP enforced" which means chatroom lingo was simply not tolerated in the IC channels and was punishable by ban.  It sounds snooty and hardcore but the idea was mostly just to sustain a consistent RP environment where you could always assume everyone else was "in character."  I have a lot of really fond memories of the MUDs and MUSHes I used to play.   I stopped playing them years ago and since then have always been craving some kind of RP-centric game, so this has been a nice way of scratching that itch.

Character ideas/info
Lilia is a Dunesfolk from Ul'dah who is in her late twenties.  She's been around the world a bit.  I tried to build some of my early PVE stuff into a comprehensive backstory for her which you can read on her wiki page.  At present she is one of the Crafting Friars for the Harbingers of Dawn free company, and her passion is education, which most often takes place in the course of individual tutoring sessions.

How did you learn about the coalition?
Asking my FC chat "What does RPC mean?"  People talked about it a lot and I just never bothered to get involved with it.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I'm not sure exactly what this question means because I don't really know what "light, medium and heavy" are.  Most of my RP is done in one-on-one scenarios with characters that I've met and formed relationships with, but I also am starting to go to larger ones.  If this is a measure of how serious I'm taking my RP, I'd put it at "heavy" because I am trying to stay very consistent and build a comprehensive character arc.  If you mean post length, most of what I say in an RP is in the form of dialogue, and it can get towards paragraph length due to my character's natural loquaciousness.  However, I've seen a lot of people putting enormous amounts of work into their RP and writing lengthy diary entries and such.  That's nowhere near where I'm at, though I might get there.  Currently I would say "medium."  But I also find that I'm way more into it than many of the people I meet, so definitely not "light."

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?
Psh, real life is boring.  I guess a relevant detail is that I'm probably older than a lot of you, being 30, so I have a lot of fond memories of the Final Fantasy series from when I was a kid.  I grew up with it and loved it.  My two favourites are VI and IX, and I also have a soft spot for Final Fantasy Tactics.

RE: Hello! - Maril - 05-12-2015

Welcome to the RPC Smile

RE: Hello! - Jancis - 05-13-2015

MUDs and MUSHes!

There's quite a few people around here who know what you're talking about. ^_^

I use to play a MUD in particular called Achaea for quite a few years... but that was awhile ago.

Welcome aboard!

RE: Hello! - Cato - 05-13-2015

It's great to see you here on the RPC, Lilia! Welcome!

RE: Hello! - Blythe - 05-13-2015

Hello there! And welcome, welcome.

Your Dunesfolk sounds great right now. I'D love to see you in game sometime. Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Reiner Dorn - 05-13-2015

Always need more Lalas!

RE: Hello! - Lilia Lia - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 11:34 AM)Jancis Wrote: There's quite a few people around here who know what you're talking about. ^_^

I thought that might be the case, which is why I mentioned it.  At its best playing a MUSH was like reading a good book that you're helping write. 

I knew of Achaea and even tried playing it myself but had a hard time getting into it.

Nice to meet you!

RE: Hello! - Melodia - 05-13-2015

Kawaii lala alert! *glomps*

RE: Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-14-2015

Lilia! Welcome! I think I did FATEs with you in NThanalan a few days ago; I was a holy-spamming WHM ( much to the chagrin of a tank in the party, at the time, eek ).

It's really great to see you here!

RE: Hello! - Lilia Lia - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 01:28 AM)Ra Wrote: Lilia! Welcome! I think I did FATEs with you in NThanalan a few days ago; I was a holy-spamming WHM ( much to the chagrin of a tank in the party, at the time, eek ).

It's really great to see you here!

That would have been me!  And it's okay, being a holy-spamming WHM makes you a hero to everyone but the tank.

RE: Hello! - Faye - 05-14-2015

Hello there, Lilia, welcome to the RPC! It's good to see you on here! Big Grin