Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=11602)

Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-14-2015

Hey there, I'm Kasah! I made a significant edit to redo this post with the template.

--MMORPG background

My first technical MMO I played was probably Ultima Online. I played a -lot- of Everquest in the old days, and some Dark Age of Camelot. UO and DAOC sparked my love of PVP -- something I adore doing to this day ( though I'm saddened to see it's not so lively here in FF14! ).

I moved on to WoW, and played a small number of other MMO-types during my subscription there, but nothing as permanent.

--RP experience
I've RP'd for as long as I've gamed, IIRC. Even single-player stuff was really fun to immerse myself into, so much more than "guide character to objective" type stuff. I've done lots of chatroom-type stuff from IRCs and other web-based chats ( Anyone here ever roleplay on really old Battle.net chats? ), a few MUDs, to games as early as Ultima Online, later Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, and World of Warcraft. Really, it all adds up to over ten years worth of roleplaying so far!

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I actually found it first through the wiki! I remember reading over character profiles, and eventually made my way here. Not a very exciting story, I know.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Heavy. Very heavy, ideally. I tend to drop character in things like dungeons, small groups with friends, or raids ( unless I'm involved in some sort of IC run, of course ), but otherwise prefer to be in character most of the time.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I do a -lot- of writing. I'm always concocting new stories ( short and long ) and events for RP, and things like character development/discussion and worldbuilding ( or, well, character building in this case? ) are some of my favourite things -ever.- I love hearing about other people's characters, and seeing what people think up.

I work a kind of crappy job with a -very- irregular schedule, which makes attending some events a bit of a pain for me sometimes, but I'm always available for being contacted through mail, PMs, or messengers ( if I warm up to sharing that, at least! ). I can be a little nosy at times and love being in the know, but I shy from anything that's going to step on toes or start some drama -- we're here to have fun, after all.

RE: Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-15-2015

Well, it's nice to meet me, at least!

RE: Hello! - Faye - 05-15-2015

Hello there, welcome! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 11:34 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome! Big Grin

Thank you for the greeting! I'm happy to be aboard.

RE: Hello! - Chris Ganale - 05-16-2015

Welcome, welcome, it's always nice to see more Raptor folks, even if they're not from La Noscea.

RE: Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-16-2015

Thank you! It's very nice to meet you two.

RE: Hello! - BearCave - 05-16-2015

Hello there and welcome to the fun! 
Feel free to contact me in game or on here if you have any questions.

RE: Hello! - Ra'kasah Ralmel - 05-16-2015

Thank you very much! Would you mind if I added you in game?

RE: Hello! - BearCave - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 10:35 PM)Ra Wrote: Thank you very much! Would you mind if I added you in game?
Of course! Feel free to do so, I'm pretty easily found on my one and only character, Aldaric Travenchet!