Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) (/showthread.php?tid=11608)

Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Saransetseg - 05-14-2015

Hello everyone! My ign is Keona Cole! Right now I'm playing a miqo rogue, tho I would like to play a mechanist once that becomes a possibility. I used to be a member here a few years back with the username of "Cole". A lot has changed since then and I've offered myself a new start, and I've decided that I really want to give ffxiv the chance it deserves! And seeing as I will be layed up and couch bound for 3 months this fall I figured might as well get my character set up throughout the summer! =] 

So a little about me: I'm from Maine, I have two kitties, I like the ocean, my favorite foods (in order) are; Raw Beef Pho, Lamb Vindaloo, Chicken Pad Thai, and sushi. I work full time (mon-fri) for a hospital, on my days off I generally like to spend time with my roommate/best friend doing whatever sounds fun on that particular day. I also volunteer with a local transgender support group sometimes and find that immensely rewarding.

I considered rolling a brand new character so I could get a feel for the game again but then realized I wouldn't have my Goobue mount if I did that! I'm still not 100% sure how I want to rp Keona so any help with ideas would be fantastic! I'm not sure if she's sassy and reckless, or shy and clumsy, if she lives for battle or wants to avoid it at all costs, or if she's trusting versus cautious? I've still got to work out why she would drop the daggers in favor of a gun (other than the old saying of 'don't bring a knife to a gun fight' which may be a simple enough explanation). 

Anywho, it's nice to be back and I look forward to interacting with you all ^_^
Much love

-Zoeleigh aka Keona Cole

RE: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Saransetseg - 05-14-2015

Err I guess I forgot to put my mmo/RP history....

I played WoW for around 10 years, from hardcore raider to casual rp and everything in between. My first "mmo" experience was with PSO episode 1 and 2 on Xbox. From there I played ffxi for a few years and then went on to wow, while trying out various other mmos in my downtime. 

As far as RP goes? I've always been more into tabletop rp than forum/mmo rp but I still enjoy it in all of its forms! I played d&d all the time when I was younger and in highschool, and actually designed a tabletop version of final fantasy tactics with a friend in which we had a wildly successful campaign run. But yeah that's that! ^_^

RE: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Gegenji - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Keona Wrote: and actually designed a tabletop version of final fantasy tactics with a friend in which we had a wildly successful campaign run.

Color me curious right here.

(05-14-2015, 01:29 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Keona Wrote: and actually designed a tabletop version of final fantasy tactics with a friend in which we had a wildly successful campaign run.

Color me curious right here.
I wish I still had the notebook we used to design the game! It got lost with most of my notebooks from highschool when I moved a few years ago. Basically you had your character (human, moogle, or viarra(sp?) ) and chose from a list of starting classes. From there you would gain a certain amount of ap (ability points) jp (job points) and exp through battle. Ap could be spent on new abilities, or leveling up old ones, jp would go towards your job level, and exp was used to raise your overall level. You could carry over a certain amount of mastered abilities to new classes, so say you played a time Mage and maxed out the haste spell with your ap, you would then have the option to carry over that spell to your fresh warrior class. Each class had a different # of master abilities that you were allotted to carry over, whm had 3, rdm had the most at 5, and I think warrior was only allowed 1, but yeah it was a lot of fun and I wish I had saved the notebook.

RE: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Warren Castille - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 01:20 PM)Keona Wrote: I considered rolling a brand new character so I could get a feel for the game again but then realized I wouldn't have my Goobue mount if I did that!

Minor statement on that: If you're a legacy character from 1.0, you should automatically be given a bottle of Fantasia when you log in for the first time. This allows you to access the character creation screen on an already-existing character and completely change them: Race, height, you name it, everything is allowed to get edited. You could, in theory, keep playing the same account and just do a makeover for the character attached to it! I think SE also offers name changes for like, ten bucks. Well, I know they offer them, but I'm not sure of the pricing off-hand.

(05-14-2015, 01:43 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 01:20 PM)Keona Wrote: I considered rolling a brand new character so I could get a feel for the game again but then realized I wouldn't have my Goobue mount if I did that!

Minor statement on that: If you're a legacy character from 1.0, you should automatically be given a bottle of Fantasia when you log in for the first time. This allows you to access the character creation screen on an already-existing character and completely change them: Race, height, you name it, everything is allowed to get edited. You could, in theory, keep playing the same account and just do a makeover for the character attached to it! I think SE also offers name changes for like, ten bucks. Well, I know they offer them, but I'm not sure of the pricing off-hand.
I actually did that already! I was more talking towards figuring out how to play again and starting fresh that way! Also how are people's feelings towards Au Ra? And those who feel like they might want to Fantasia over to one of them? I like my miqo, but I made a really badass Au Ra in the benchmark and feel like she would fit better into my rough idea for a character... I would just hate to be accused of just "hopping on the bandwagon". But I should be on tonight sometime and rock some guildleves and hopefully level a bit more!

RE: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Warren Castille - 05-14-2015

Nothing wrong with wanting to play an Au Ra. The people who are excited for it are waaaay excited for it, and the folks who aren't don't care one way or the other!

RE: Hello all! I'm back and new and improved! :) - Faye - 05-14-2015

Hello there, welcome back! Big Grin

(05-14-2015, 03:20 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome back! Big Grin
Thanks!!!!! I'm so excited and feel so bunch better this time around ^_^ yay body and soul congruence! Tongue