Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey there everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey there everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=11613)

Hey there everyone! - Naomi - 05-14-2015

Hey there everyone! Recently learned about this site, had to check it out and love it so far, so figured, I'd give a quick post here! Big Grin. I've been playing this game heavily off and on, long breaks in between, but sadly have never gotten a character to level cap, highest I think I have is a level 45 DRG. I really enjoy the game, but sadly haven't had much luck in the whole, joining up with others in a FC and actually getting to roleplay with people part. Community is what makes an MMORPG to me, worst problem is I'm rather shy and nervous, pretty bad anxiety (Even when it comes to online, it sucks!), but I'm trying to break out of all that and hopefully get a group to get to RP with often. Biggest problem is I'm more of a night time player, (My current timezone is PST.) free time typically lets me on most of the day, but I'm mostly active from, oh, 1AM to however late I'm up that night, so finding groups on that time has really been difficult! With Heavensward coming out soon, I figured I should try to get a character to 50, and hopefully find a group of people to get to enjoy it with!!

--MMORPG background: 
I've played MMORPG's for years! Maybe, 12 or so years ago, mostly I was bouncing around between whatever free MMORPG I could find(My computer at the time wasn't the best, always shut off, so I ditched them rather often sadly!) up until 2007, when I switched over to WoW with some friends, I played that up until recently,  but just got to bored of it. But, I'm familiar with MMOs, and love to play them. Typically a healer or a caster DPS, rarely tanks. Tanking is so nerve wracking!!! I've played many other MMO's, hard to list them all, but I've been all over with popular ones.

--RP experience
I've RP'd on forums and chatrooms around the times I was playing MMO's, around 12 or so years ago, granted, I was rather young at the time, (I'm only 21)I still did it often and had people to RP with. Once cataclysm for WoW came out, I switched over to Moon Guard since most of my friends on my other realm left me, and never looked back! I ran into really nice people who were recruiting, ended up joining them for a long time, and overall was RPing daily when I wasn't raiding, was such a good time! I haven't RP'd recently for about a year or so, but I'm certainly looking to get back into it!

--Character ideas/info
I've created really basic information for my characters, I'm mostly waiting until, well, I really get dedicated and stick around to flesh out my characters backgrounds more then they are, but for basics, my Lancer, an Elezen who was a former bartender switched lifestyles, wanting to experience the world, instead of constantly working in a bar all the time, hell maybe even settling back to the bars from time to time, of course that'd be if I found a group to RP with while she'd work there from time to time, heh, and another Elezen, except he is a Paladin, someone who can be rather sarcastic, though is a bodyguard, one who fights to protect anyone he can, especially those who can't fight on their own. Rather basic character ideas so far, I know, but I certainly plan to write way more out for them in the future, just a bit hard when I haven't made any characters in a long time!

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Never heard of the site playing the game sadly, but I learned about it through reddit!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I'm mostly a medium/heavy roleplayer, I sadly never was really apart of a guild/group that did events often, the most I did was a DnD-esque event on RIFT with one guild I was in, along with /roll style RP fights, very enjoyable, but I haven't done much sadly, mostly just random conversations or just RPing with others in random places in the world. I always am willing to create new characters to fit into storylines and what not, though I always fear I'd disappoint the guild/group I made that character for, as I'm rather nervous on my RP style, but like I said, I'm trying to expand my horizons and get more into RPing this time around as I play the game!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? I'm very relaxed, love to play games with PVE, and just love to hang out and talk with people on MMO's, making friends is huge for me, I'm really wanting to get back into the game and meet people!

A question or two, if I may!

- How common is it for FC's to publicly be recruiting, ones that are RP ones? I'm not 100% sure on the chat channels for FFXIV, but on WoW there was trade chat and general, sometimes I saw nice RP guilds posting advertisements for their guild in trade chat or general.

-How is the night scene? As I said, I'm one who's up rather late, so I'm rather curious to those who play at night in the AM(PST time~), how is the community? Is it rather active still, or are things pretty quiet?

-When it comes to jobs, like lets say, a ranger, and a white mage, do people typically RP that they switch them, or are most characters typically sticking with one, maybe two, like, a bard and a ninja? Mostly just curious, unsure if some people RP out as a blackmage paladin who also is a ninja! Tongue

-Forgot to add, I'm on Balmung!!

RE: Hey there everyone! - Mercer - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 08:41 PM)Naomi Wrote: - How common is it for FC's to publicly be recruiting, ones that are RP ones? I'm not 100% sure on the chat channels for FFXIV, but on WoW there was trade chat and general, sometimes I saw nice RP guilds posting advertisements for their guild in trade chat or general.

-How is the night scene? As I said, I'm one who's up rather late, so I'm rather curious to those who play at night in the AM(PST time~), how is the community? Is it rather active still, or are things pretty quiet?

-When it comes to jobs, like lets say, a ranger, and a white mage, do people typically RP that they switch them, or are most characters typically sticking with one, maybe two, like, a bard and a ninja? Mostly just curious, unsure if some people RP out as a blackmage paladin who also is a ninja! Tongue

-Public recruitment happens fairly often, usually in the shout channel. You may have better luck with the Linkshell Hall here, just his the button at the top of the page.

-Balmung and Gilgamesh are the go to RP servers and typically are crowded at all times. Activety does decline but it is by no means a ghost town.

-It's fairly typical to be a single main job. The majority RP that it takes years, decades to master any one thing so the typical job with a handful of hobbies is the go to way to proceed.

RE: Hey there everyone! - Faye - 05-14-2015

Hello there, welcome! I know how much anxiety can suck; I hope it won't get in the way of making friends and connections! I'd say the role-play community is probably most active during the evening and night (eastern time). As for RP free companies, there are plenty recruiting if you wanna check out the linkshell hall or ask around! On that note, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

RE: Hey there everyone! - Naomi - 05-14-2015

Thanks for the answers and replies, I really appreciate it!

I figured as much when it came to just one job, but just wanted a confirmation. Glad to see about the public recruiting, though I certainly will take a look at the Linkshells! It seems it's relatively active when I'm around to, so that's even a bigger bonus!

And thank you Faye, I looked at your FC and it looks very interesting, I may have to apply, or even just make a new character who'd fit, even though I think my Paladin might! And yeah, anxiety is always the worst, it's ruined so much for me, really been doing my best to get over it! The nice people I've met have always have helped with overcoming it, though! Big Grin

RE: Hey there everyone! - Jancis - 05-15-2015

Moon Guard!Laugh

I was on Moon Guard for many years, through WotLK, Cata, and some of Pandaria.

Just to echo others, there are a lot of west coast people (I am not one of them Sleepy ) but also people from oceanic times and Europe. I think you'll find a lot of company.

There's open events, many listed here on the forum, and RP hubs to make connections with.

Welcome aboard!

RE: Hey there everyone! - Melodia - 05-15-2015

Hi! Glad to see your post. Like Jancis above I am not on west coast and am usually in a sleep coma by their dinner time LOL. But, plenty of folks for sure. And don't worry...I struggle with anxiety all the time.....wasn't until the other day when I tried walk up rp with folks and loved it. Now I force myself each day to get out there and meet more and get more involved. People here will gladly help. Best of luck! Smile

RE: Hey there everyone! - Naomi - 05-15-2015

Yeah, I really enjoyed Moon Guard, had some really good experiences there ^^

Thank you guys again, it means a great amount to me! Glad to hear I shouldn't have much trouble finding people to talk with!

Yeah, walk-up/random RP is honestly the only real way I've had RP for a while, I'm generally to shy(Even though most of my chars are really outgoing!) about walking up to others and RP with them, but the RP community here seems really welcoming and kind, certainly a great thing to see! Thanks again everyone! ^^ Glad to be here!

RE: Hey there everyone! - Fox - 05-15-2015

[Image: dr-nick.jpg?w=625&h=390&crop=1]

Haha... I'm sorry your thread title made me totally think of Dr. Nick!
This being said, it pulled me to come here and say hello rather than just meme dropping and running. ;D

I hope you enjoy your time here and should you need any help don't hesitate to send a PM. I played a bit of WoW myself but I was on WRA. I did hear things from friends about MG being lots of fun.