Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies (/showthread.php?tid=11632)

Pages: 1 2

Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Kiera Hawkeye - 05-15-2015

So, this mostly goes for the Immortal Flames, but in general, do the Grand Companies have a sort of dog tag thing going on? Make it easy to identify bodies that wouldn't be easily identifiable? I'd imagine they'd would, but I've never seen mention of it.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Chris Ganale - 05-15-2015

I haven't seen it mentioned either, but I would strongly ascribe to it.

-Dumps a boatload of crystals in an effort to summon not the lore primal Sounsyy, but Erik and/or Kale, who are the only two big name Flames RPers that I know of-

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Desu Nee - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I haven't seen it mentioned either, but I would strongly ascribe to it.

-Dumps a boatload of crystals in an effort to summon not the lore primal Sounsyy, but Erik and/or Kale, who are the only two big name Flames RPers that I know of-
- Dumps more crystals -

Need to know this too.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-15-2015

In a setting where most of the common people are illiterate, I don't think it'd be too common.

But also seeing how many an adventurer is literate, it could be possible.

There's definitely nothing in the game to support a claim either way.

Dog tags aren't for common people. They're used by the military (who had better damn well be literate) to identify bodies after-action.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Melkire - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: ...Erik and/or Kale, who are the only two big name Flames RPers that I know of...

...ouch.

There's an explicit mention of dogtags made in a GSM leve, with regards to Wood Wailers receiving not tags but rings with their names and posts inscribed on the inside.

http://xivdb.com/?leve/469/Dog-Tags-Are-for-Dogs

"With so many new faces among the Wailers every day, we fear that time may come when we know not who it is among us that has fallen in service of the commonfolk. If every Wailer were given a ring, on the inside of which is inscribed his name and whence he hails, it would ease our fears."

Since every GC has GC gear that includes a variety of rings, some of which seem specific to certain roles (I.F. have "Flamecarrier's Ring," for instance), I'd say that jewelry take the place of dog tags in the XIV setting.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Sounsyy - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: -Dumps a boatload of crystals in an effort to summon not the lore primal Sounsyy, but Erik and/or Kale, who are the only two big name Flames RPers that I know of-

/cough
/wait 1
/has never been defeated so is still out there draining aether.

Goldsmith Lv20 Levequest "Dog Tags Are For Dogs"

Juliembert Loitalant Wrote:With so many new faces among the Wailers every day, we fear that time may come when we know not who it is among us that has fallen in service of the commonfolk. If every Wailer were given a ring, on the inside of which is inscribed his name and whence he hails, it would ease our fears.

Dog Tags canon.

EDIT: Damnit Ossy.

(05-15-2015, 07:12 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: ...Erik and/or Kale, who are the only two big name Flames RPers that I know of...

...ouch.

What? I've interacted with Erik and Kale, so they spring immediately to mind.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Melkire - 05-15-2015

I don't think dog tags as we have them, i.e. bits of metal with name, rank, etc. engraved and then put on a chain, exist in XIV. But the concept itself certainly does exist.

(05-15-2015, 07:14 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: EDIT: Damnit Ossy.

I think the lore primal was just defeated.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Kiera Hawkeye - 05-15-2015

Excellent! This helps out with a plot I'm working on. Thanks for the help!

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Harmonixer - 05-15-2015

I actually found this pretty relevant. Thanks OP!

This confirms a few things for myself. Although, I also suppose it would make for a lot of trouble in the wrong hands, if you think of it.

Not really any moreso than it does (read: doesn't) in the real world.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - Erik Mynhier - 05-15-2015

Feels the call.....

A minor interview of which I cannot find the link for indicated that we will all get a dogtag style necklace with the expansion of the GC achievements.

As for the goldsmith mission, yes they are mentioned. I seem to remember a mission we are sent to recover something from dead Flames. It does not use the word "dogtag" but something like "something to identify them with" so I assume it was something like that.

RE: Dog Tags/Identification of Bodies - K'nahli - 05-15-2015

There's a quest where you have to recover something from the bodies of fallen... somethings, whatever that Storm group is in Outer la Noscea. I don't think they were dog tags but I don't think they were mere personal effects either. I believe it was something that identified them somehow.