Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV roleplay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV roleplay (/showthread.php?tid=11733)

New to FFXIV roleplay - Yabitto Kyujai - 05-22-2015

Hey everyone, i have had a great and wonderful first week of playing FFXIV:ARR. I was told be a good friend of mine about a server (Balmung) in the game and i was really exited to start a new character on it. I have played a couple of days (3) and i am having trouble with getting into RP or even just starting up general conversation. I was wondering if anyone that has Roleplayed on the server before could he a little friends a few tips on getting into RP and or starting conversation?

RE: New to FFXIV roleplay - Gegenji - 05-22-2015

There's a bunch of different approaches, really.

If you're up for just some random pickup RP, a lot of that happens at the Quicksand/Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah. At most times of the day you'll find at least a few people hanging around warming the railings and the seats looking for some RP.

There's also events listed under the Calendar tab up top there. Attending those could lead to some interesting interactions and possible RP friends! Good examples include Jancis' monthly pilgrimages to the stones of the Twelve, and the Grindstone/Runestone - weekly combat tournaments that cater to the physical and arcane combatants respectively.

And, of course, there's always checking the Linkshells tab for folks who share RP interests similar to yours and try poking them either in the threads or in-game for an invite to their Linkshell. The same goes for Free Companies; there's quite a few RP-related ones that run their own events and stories and other little RP situations.

Lastly, if you see someone either here or in-game that you think might be interesting to RP with, send them a /tell! See if they're up for meeting your character, get some RP going, and see what happens!

Those are the usual suggestions. Sometimes it's easy to find RP, sometimes you have to do a little digging for it. Just keep at it and you'll find yourself at least a few folks to RP with. Thumbsup

RE: New to FFXIV roleplay - Yabitto Kyujai - 05-22-2015

(05-22-2015, 01:18 PM)Gegenji Wrote: There's a bunch of different approaches, really.

If you're up for just some random pickup RP, a lot of that happens at the Quicksand/Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah. At most times of the day you'll find at least a few people hanging around warming the railings and the seats looking for some RP.

There's also events listed under the Calendar tab up top there. Attending those could lead to some interesting interactions and possible RP friends! Good examples include Jancis' monthly pilgrimages to the stones of the Twelve, and the Grindstone/Runestone - weekly combat tournaments that cater to the physical and arcane combatants respectively.

And, of course, there's always checking the Linkshells tab for folks who share RP interests similar to yours and try poking them either in the threads or in-game for an invite to their Linkshell. The same goes for Free Companies; there's quite a few RP-related ones that run their own events and stories and other little RP situations.

Lastly, if you see someone either here or in-game that you think might be interesting to RP with, send them a /tell! See if they're up for meeting your character, get some RP going, and see what happens!

Those are the usual suggestions. Sometimes it's easy to find RP, sometimes you have to do a little digging for it. Just keep at it and you'll find yourself at least a few folks to RP with. Thumbsup
Sounds awesome thanks for the help mate.  Maybe I could rp with you some time

RE: New to FFXIV roleplay - Cocotsu - 05-22-2015

Gegenji covered it pretty much. Lots of friendly people in the Link shells and here on this site. I myself run around with a tag in my player info "Open to walk up RP just /tell" and most players in RP free companies will be noticeable since most have a "RP-" tagged somewhere.  =)

Welcome to Balmung =D