Hydaelyn Role-Players
Riik (Riku Toiiku) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Riik (Riku Toiiku) (/showthread.php?tid=1175)

Riik (Riku Toiiku) - Riik - 03-05-2012

RL Info:

Preferred nickname: Riik or Riku
Timezone: GMT

--Why do you like to RP?

Because it's fun and real life is boring. It's also good to escape real life worries.

Basic info

--Characters:

Riku Toiiku (Balmung)

RP Preferences:

--RP style (Casual, moderate, or heavy)?

I'll RP whatever comes my way. If I get involved in a heavy plot, so be it. I'll RP whenever, but when I'm not in an RP, consider me OOC unless it is stated otherwise.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)

Only if I really have to. I'm rather protective of my characters and don't like seeing them get hurt. Also, my current character is quite a pacifist. If it happens, then skill-based is best for realism. Racial traits (size etc) and tactics should also play a part in RPed combat, as long as it doesn't get too silly.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)

Comas, temporary illnesses, yes. I'm also willing to RP mental trauma (like my character hasn't been through enough already XD)

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?

I probably won't, if I'm honest. And even if I leave for good, I'd rather my leaving be RPed in a less violent way (exploring new lands, getting trapped for eternity [or a long period of time beyond the lifespan of the current characters]. That sort of thing).

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?

I would be willing, if my characters were to have a sexual orientation. My current character is asexual, as I am in RL, so as of yet, I have no reason for it.

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)

Close friends (although given my character's history, they'd have to be made during the RP rather than behind the scenes).

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?

So that it still makes sense or doesn't contradict excessively with the existing lore. Riku's background is already a bit of a stretch on things XD

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?

OOC should be clearly noted to avoid confusion, either with use of (( )) or any other well known method, such as \\ (if that's even possible on this chat system). Party chat would be useful to stop spamming on public channels should the RP be private. Linkshells used for big RP events or linkpearl dialogue. Says are also important, though, otherwise it would be hard to include people who may want to join in a random roleplay. I would think it best to only use says on public RPs so as to avoid the possibility that someoe joins in and you don't want them to.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?

I'll RP where ever I'm invited, but it's not in my nature to personally seek out linkshells.

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)

Post here, PM, /tell in-game or send me an in-game letter ... as long as it's somewhere I can remember to check up on XD

RE: Riik (Riku Toiiku) - Riik - 10-30-2015

Updated this a little...

it's a 3-year-old post, so might be a little outdated in terms of what directory entries are about nowadays, but I'm too lazy to write a whole new one right now XD