Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for roleplaying connections and help. (/showthread.php?tid=11778)

Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Ramen - 05-26-2015

For a while now I've been on Balmung. I rp here and there but it is usually casual stuff. I don't know if you've seen me or not but I lurk around. I'm trying to break a barrier in myself and find my way in the world of roleplaying again. So this thread is about several things I guess. I want to make connections, get involved in plots and shenanigans, and build my characters a certain way. 

Grish'a Zolnerowich is a vaguely foreign miqo'te who works on machines. He wrestles bears, drinks, and questions the intentions of the young. He suffers from periodic "drink naps" which is his fancy way of saying "Passing out drunk"

[Image: wFl1bYE.jpg?1]

The second is Kade Hyre. Someone I've been working on recently and I'm still kind of trying to find my footing on. He is a blind wandering swordman and I'm attempting to play with that trope a bit. I've already made hints about his family's criminal background and such. I'm looking to develop a network with him.

[Image: Te7V60c.jpg?1]

There is a third character coming. I want to make a mage but I'm still kind of  wary of making a character like that. So I kind of want some help working on that as well.

I really want to expand my horizons and meet people in situations and scenerios outside of "Oh hi" in the Quicksand or some such. And I want help developing them through roleplay. I've always had some shakey footing in FFXIV RP and I'd like a little help getting to where I need to go.

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Milee Quyrth - 05-28-2015

Hi! I'm also totally new in RP, maybe we could start a connection together ? I've put an introduction thread here if you want to see if our character could be compatible.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11800

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Enla - 05-28-2015

I've been rather lax with RPing myself and have been meaning to delve back into it now that the fight to get everything ready for Heavensward has died a fiery death. Currently I only have two characters capable of being RP'd, with Cylin probably being revamped once HS comes out. However I'd love to bounce them off of yours if you're willing! ^^

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Ramen - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 01:46 AM)Milee Quyrth Wrote: Hi! I'm also totally new in RP, maybe we could start a connection together ? I've put an introduction thread here if you want to see if our character could be compatible.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11800

I'd be down for that. I'm usually on in the evenings after 10pm est but like, Tues/Wed/Sat I'm on during the day. Big Grin

(05-28-2015, 01:55 AM)Cylin Wrote: I've been rather lax with RPing myself and have been meaning to delve back into it now that the fight to get everything ready for Heavensward has died a fiery death. Currently I only have two characters capable of being RP'd, with Cylin probably being revamped once HS comes out. However I'd love to bounce them off of yours if you're willing! ^^

I'm going to be leveling Lancer and Archer in prep for Machinist which is the class Grish'a is going to become. I'd be happy to start something though! I haven't really been a part of any plots in FFXIV and I'm not sure how one would operate here. I'm so paranoid about breaking lore lol. Why the revamp after Heavensward?

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Nebbs - 05-28-2015

If you are looking for a place that has folks in a similar boat, then please come and try out the Hugs & Cake LS. Link is in my sig.

(05-28-2015, 02:23 AM)Nebbs Wrote: If you are looking for a place that has folks in a similar boat, then please come and try out the Hugs & Cake LS. Link is in my sig.

Thanks! I'll check this out!

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Enla - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 02:22 AM)Grisha Zolnerowich Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 01:55 AM)Cylin Wrote: I've been rather lax with RPing myself and have been meaning to delve back into it now that the fight to get everything ready for Heavensward has died a fiery death. Currently I only have two characters capable of being RP'd, with Cylin probably being revamped once HS comes out. However I'd love to bounce them off of yours if you're willing! ^^

I'm going to be leveling Lancer and Archer in prep for Machinist which is the class Grish'a is going to become. I'd be happy to start something though! I haven't really been a part of any plots in FFXIV and I'm not sure how one would operate here. I'm so paranoid about breaking lore lol. Why the revamp after Heavensward?

Lost interest in the character mostly due to various OOC reasons. I haven't been able to regain my former interest, so rather than delete her I was thinking about using a fantasia to make her something else.
And I hear you on the lore, lol. I get worried constantly that I am doing the same, and sometimes just have to take a deep breath and let the cards fall as they may. Thing about FF14 is that there really is no solid compendium of lore out there so unless you're willing to read all the quest dialogue, even the random stuff between objectives, and all the leve quests it can be hard to see what is lore breaking and what isn't. We have an awesome lore forum here however for when you're stumped. ^^
And yeee! Either Sae or Enla work for me, we could work something out and see how either of them work off of your characters.

RE: Looking for roleplaying connections and help. - Nrvnqsr - 05-28-2015

I've also been rather shakey in the rp department on XIV! However I'm making a strong effort to fix that with an attempt at making 'organic rp' be my route for such.

That said if you're interested in a chance encounter with either of your characters let me know~! Shoot a PM even. Although currently Audris Riste is my main, as stated on the fourms, she is not your only choice. (Even if I imagine a green-horn, but cautious aspiring adventurer might be fun enough to mess around with.)

I've also got my mits on an LS, but it's sort of being...uh...built at the moment. (Rather I'm in a really odd position with it.)

(05-28-2015, 02:36 AM)Cylin Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 02:22 AM)Grish Wrote:

Lost interest in the character mostly due to various OOC reasons. I haven't been able to regain my former interest, so rather than delete her I was thinking about using a fantasia to make her something else.
And I hear you on the lore, lol. I get worried constantly that I am doing the same, and sometimes just have to take a deep breath and let the cards fall as they may. Thing about FF14 is that there really is no solid compendium of lore out there so unless you're willing to read all the quest dialogue, even the random stuff between objectives, and all the leve quests it can be hard to see what is lore breaking and what isn't. We have an awesome lore forum here however for when you're stumped. ^^
And yeee! Either Sae or Enla work for me, we could work something out and see how either of them work off of your characters.

I know dem feels. I look forward to getting something organized. Big Grin

(05-28-2015, 10:59 AM)Nrvnqsr Wrote: I've also been rather shakey in the rp department on XIV! However I'm making a strong effort to fix that with an attempt at making 'organic rp' be my route for such.

That said if you're interested in a chance encounter with either of your characters let me know~! Shoot a PM even. Although currently Audris Riste is my main, as stated on the fourms, she is not your only choice. (Even if I imagine a green-horn, but cautious aspiring adventurer might be fun enough to mess around with.)

I've also got my mits on an LS, but it's sort of being...uh...built at the moment. (Rather I'm in a really odd position with it.)

I'm good with rping with any character really. Big Grin