Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Air-Biker" Gang - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Air-Biker" Gang (/showthread.php?tid=11791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

"Air-Biker" Gang - Mercurias - 05-27-2015

Let's face it, there are going to be several characters who will completely fall in love with the concept of flight in Heavensward. My FC-mate, Severus, and I had a long-running joke of forming an air-biker gang swarming the skies.

He hasn't mentioned it in a while, but it still sounds like a whole lot of fun.

I can see it going a couple of ways, honestly. 

First, it could be a genuine thrill-of-flight group, just a mob of people flying around and exploring zones just because they can, just for the thrill of it. They go in groups because it's safer and more fun to explore with others who can share the excitement.

The other is an actual GANG, bandits or pirates who waylay travelers on the airways and threaten to knock them out of the sky while patrolling groups of more goody-good oriented sorts can try and step in and stop them. Dogfighting a possibility, even.

What are your thoughts? Group flying? No group flying? Aerial combat or no?

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Edgar - 05-27-2015

Sky pirates.

SKY PIRATES.

SKY. PIRATES.

How could this possibly fail?! It can't.

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Dogberry - 05-27-2015

As an honest to god aviation enthusiast, who still has childish dreams of being a fighter pilot, I have only one thing to say.

LET'S KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES I'LL SEE YOU ON THE HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Telluride - 05-27-2015

I just discussed something like this in another thread.

If Air Power becomes THAT abundant in Eorzea, then a HELL of a lot of the lore and setting of FFXIV is gonna become really ridiculous overnight.

Examples:

- Limsan Sea Power faces becoming increasingly irrelevant, unless they move to a modern RL model and start featuring aircraft carriers.

- Traders may just risk air travel anyway to avoid getting eaten by Peistes, ambushed by Amaljaa and Mamool, Ja, ect.

- The continuing contests for land between the three Eorzean powers is about to get complicated.

And... yeah, I could go on, but I have a feeling I will get accused of overthinking it. But when I'm in a game world where my character is forced to do silly things in the name of the narrative, well...

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Bryn - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 11:49 AM)Dogberry Wrote: As an honest to god aviation enthusiast, who still has childish dreams of being a fighter pilot, I have only one thing to say.

LET'S KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES I'LL SEE YOU ON THE HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

If you think Bryn's letting Dog spend his money on an airbike, you've got another thing coming.

When my mom married my dad the first thing she made him do was sell his motorbike. He still gets a wistful glint in his eye whenever we see one on the road. It's hilarious.

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Seye Qhesu - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 11:54 AM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 11:49 AM)Dogberry Wrote: As an honest to god aviation enthusiast, who still has childish dreams of being a fighter pilot, I have only one thing to say.

If you think Bryn's letting Dog spend his money on an airbike, you've got another thing coming.

When my mom married my dad the first thing she made him do was sell his motorbike. He still gets a wistful glint in his eye whenever we see one on the road. It's hilarious.
Run Dog! You can still be free and let that wind rush through that mane of yours!

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Gegenji - 05-27-2015

When I think aerial combat with flying chocobos, I just keep thinking back to the old Joust NES game. Win by being slightly higher than the person you ran into!

But, in all actuality, I could totally see someone using the vantage point of a flying, mobile position to attack others. It'd be easier for ranged classes like casters, bards, and machinists... but you could totally have a DRG Choco-Lancer come dive-bombing in on bird-back. And with linkpearls being so common, you already have a system to communicate, as long as you could hear each other over the winds and stuff. So, I'd be surprised if some people don't try RPing out flying combat.

So, I say yes to birder-gangs. Especially if at least one flight consists entirely of Fat Chocobos. NOBODY CROSSES THE HEAVY AIR GANG AND LIVES. Evil

(05-27-2015, 11:55 AM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:

Run Dog! You can still be free and let that wind rush through that mane of yours!

When I get Cliodhna to make me a personal airship (It's gonna involve a lot of Madjack Red and pleading), I'm gonna take Dogberry flying. The man needs his (air)space.

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Mercurias - 05-27-2015

I absolutely would want to see this happen personally, but here are the ogistic issues I think we'll come across:

-Someone ain't going to want to have their pet chocobo shot down, since that's going to involve some animal cruelty. 
-Big fights will mean bigger areas covered, so we'll be seeing people emoting in /shout unless a group big enough for an entire alliance is formed.
-Heavy Air Gang is going to win it all because it's just too amazing.

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Seye Qhesu - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 12:00 PM)Telluride Wrote:

When I get Cliodhna to make me a personal airship (It's gonna involve a lot of Madjack Red and pleading), I'm gonna take Dogberry flying. The man needs his (air)space.
My Au'ra will be happy to design any cannons or flash bombs for partying.

(05-27-2015, 12:01 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:00 PM)Telluride Wrote:

My Au'ra will be happy to design any cannons or flash bombs for partying.

Hm. That will be TWO Au Ra ladies that I will need to get to know, considering that I'll be leveling MCH on Nathan eventually. Airbike, firesand weapons, and combining linkshell technology with Magitek drones to make a set of hovering Speakers... the bard game is about to get Metal up in here.

Look. Dog's not quite middle-aged yet, but I'd say a few major brushes with death certainly qualify him for a mid-life crisis, and if Bryn truly loves him, she will give him the time and space that he needs to figure all this out, and if he needs to do it on an airbike, then SO BE IT.

That's actually kind of sad, Bryn, poor guy just wants to ride!

RE: "Air-Biker" Gang - Bryn - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 12:12 PM)Dogberry Wrote:

Look. Dog's not quite middle-aged yet, but I'd say a few major brushes with death certainly qualify him for a mid-life crisis, and if Bryn truly loves him, she will give him the time and space that he needs to figure all this out, and if he needs to do it on an airbike, then SO BE IT.

Bryn would never be so heartless as to deny Dog his rides!

All I'm saying is, he has to chose what it is he wants to ride. ifyouknowhatimean.

(05-27-2015, 12:15 PM)Bryn Wrote:

All I'm saying is, he has to chose what it is he wants to ride. ifyouknowhwtaimean.

If this doesn't work out for ya, Dogberry, maybe we can hook you up with some Roe-girls who are a little more open minded about where you get your turbulence from. Evil

(05-27-2015, 12:15 PM)Bryn Wrote:

All I'm saying is, he has to chose what it is he wants to ride. ifyouknowhwtaimean.

We both know the moment that bike kicks into second gear, Bryn will be all about that airbike.