Hydaelyn Role-Players
Stormwinds Descent - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Stormwinds Descent (/showthread.php?tid=11916)

Stormwinds Descent - Stormwind - 06-05-2015

*Journal entries found in the office of Alexander Stormwind. Most were destroyed, but these almost seemed to have been deliberately saved through a ward before the destruction began. The writing gets progressively more erratic as the notes progress, hinting at a deteriorating state. *

It's been almost a week since the machine was complete, and almost three days since I grasped in my hand the culmination of years of research, sleepless nights, and even lives. The materialized essence of a primal.

Primal Materia.

I've called it Magicite.

Rhianna, God keep her, helped me finish the part of the machine that traps the primal essence. My assurances that I would not turn this into a weapon, my bold-faced lies, were to keep her in the dark. Thankfully, she has seemed otherwise preoccupied and at this point its for the better. The less she knows about things going forward, the less implicate she is should anything go awry. Until I can determine the effects of the primal magicite on myself and Captain Dogberry, until I can assure its safety, it's best she not be involved.

Capturing Primals is impossible. They will merely be summoned back by their beastmen worshipers with enough time and crystallized aether, this much we know. Containing the primal threat, as I have explained, is about having the power to beat the primal and its worshipers into submission. This is where magicite comes into play. Once they realize that we can turn the power of their own gods against them, they will be forced into submission or they will perish. Then we can turn our attentions to the external threats of the Garleans.

While I find myself loathe to turn this on my own people, the new regime will likely still uphold the orders put in place by the previous Emperor. Therefore, a change in leadership is required and considering my failed monetary investments during the succession wars that took place, I feel force of arms will be my only recourse at this juncture. I feel it is long past time to reclaim my families estates.

I digress however. I first created the magicite based on the primal essence I removed from Captain Dogberry and Miss Menelwen, Leviathan and Ramuh respectively. The Ramuh magicite gave off a clouded purple hue, and attempting to touch it gave me quite a shock. I had to quickly construct an exterior shell with which to hold the magicite until it could be bound. It will work for the time being but I will have to refine the design once initial testing is complete. Even then, the power radiating from it was unmistakable. I was overwhelmed with excitement and while I had no idea what the results of this would be, I knew what I had to do. I attached the magicite to my staff.

-----
To my surprise, it melded with it quite easily and in my hands the staff twisted and changed its physical appearance, taking on the look of something more akin to a weapon wielded by the Lord of Levin himself. I could feel the power pulsate through me as I held the weapon in my hands, it seemed to almost speak to me, whisper to me of new-found possibilities and power. I felt excitement swell within me as I hurried out into the Shroud to test the capabilities of the magicite.

I walked for what felt like hours. I do not know if it was anticipation or the weight of the new staff in my hands but I felt as if I would never find a good place to test as I ventured deeper into the tall trees. I finally reached a sparkling pool of water, surrounded by tall trees, and nary another sentient being in the area. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I lifted the staff into the air and started to call forth a bolt of lightning. What I expected was a larger, more powerful spark. What I received was something else entirely.

Staff raised, I felt the power surge through me and skyward as clouds appeared overhead and dropped a massive bolt of electricity onto the pool of water. I dropped to my knees, the aether expenditure taking a far greater toll on me than I had imagined, but almost as quickly as it left, I felt myself refreshed. I can only deduce that the magicite drew in aether from the ambient area to refresh me more fully and as I arose I felt even stronger, more powerful, and more capable. I lifted the staff into the air again, striking the water with greater fervor. Again I fell, and again, I felt as if the staff itself raised me back up. The feeling was nothing short of incredible. It was then I started to hear the voices, voices around me in the trees and bushes.

As I looked around, I realized that I was being watched by sylphs. From my research, I knew these to be sylphs tempered by the Lord of Levin, and while I expected hostility from them, all I received was a sense of...confusion. It was if they did not know what to make. Clearly I was an outsider trespassing in their domain, and yet the must have felt the power of their "god" being used. I felt, what I can only describe as pity, for them. Scared and confused by what they must have assumed to have been the return of their Lord only to find a lone Hyur. I felt myself smile inwardly, they were like...children, lost children.

I did not remain though, as I felt I needed to return and allow myself to rest. I returned home, the feeling of electricity coursing through my body. Already I planned on completing the process for the other primal essences I had gathered. I would need more power to complete my goals. To protect Eorzea, to protect the children.

------
Met Captain Dogberry, Keeping the staff near me at all times. I could tell he felt the power inherent in the magicite too. The look in his eyes told me I was on the right track, and once we had proven this power to the world, nothing would stop us. Nothing. 

----

I've created a few more magicites from the primals I was able to get my hands on, including Ifrit. Tom continues to prove his worth long after his demise. I made the right choice. He'll be a martyr of science by the time I'm done with his memory. He'll make a greater impact dead then he ever would alive. None will suffer like he did. I'll bring them all down, but I need more power. More. 

Pieces of Dalamud. They might have more energy. Need to look into dragons as well.

Head is feeling hazy. Writing while holding onto the staff is difficult but I feel as if I'll lose everything now if I let it go. 

I'm going to go back out into the Shroud to clear my head. I need more power to protect those around me from the unworthy.

Going now.

*written in the bottom in small print*
Rhianna...stop us.