Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 (/showthread.php?tid=11923)

Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Tayelle - 06-05-2015

-The following poster is found hanging in multiple establishments through out Eorzea, including most bulletin boards-[Image: BXSNp27.png]
Show Content

OOC information: This a cooperative storytelling event in which everyone continues on the story at the point the previous narrator left off! The story can get very random, but that's the point! It's meant to be a fun activity in which everyone can participate and enjoy.  The rules of story telling will be as such: each person is limited to 5 minutes to provide up to 3 sentences of the story before they must pass on to the next narrator, preferably at 'cliffhanger' or incomplete sentence. A theme will be determined before the beginning of the  event, and to keep the story free from emote clutter, the narrators will use /yell, so please don't forget to turn the channel on! We hope to see you there!
Saturday June 27th, 2015 at 5PM ET

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Cliodhna Eoghan - 06-06-2015

sounds fun Big Grin i'll try to make it, i love hearing stories like this x3

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Tayelle - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:57 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: sounds fun Big Grin i'll try to make it, i love hearing stories like this x3
We'd love to see ya there! We also hope you'll join in the fun of being a narrator too!

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Tayelle - 06-17-2015

This event is ten short days away!

Might there be any themes you'd be particularly interested in having for the first tale?

Adventure, perhaps? Or Maybe a preferred setting? Let your thoughts be heard!

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Alderique - 06-24-2015

Just wanted to say this sounds like a good event! I can't commit to weekend events, but I'll keep this in mind if I'm available.

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Tayelle - 06-27-2015

(06-24-2015, 02:38 PM)tortles Wrote: Just wanted to say this sounds like a good event! I can't commit to weekend events, but I'll keep this in mind if I'm available.
we'd love to see ya there if you are around! ^-^

This event is TOMORROW!! We're all very excited to announce the theme of the storytelling event to be "Dragons, Wyrms, and Unknown Territory!" in honor of Ishgard opening its arms to us all.

This event is TODAY, in just a few short hours! We hope to see plenty of you there!

[Image: P0RWooe.png]
The tale begins at 17X, Y26 East Shroud in a little under an hour!

Things to remember:

-Turn on /yell We're using that channel for the present storyteller to keep it separate from the general RP
-The Theme for this campfire tale is Dragons, Wyrms, and Unknown Territory
-You have 5 minutes to come up with 3 sentences to add on
-Try to end your portion with a cliffhanger- examples: However... ; Suddenly...; Shouted to the heavens--
-Have fun!

This event is going on right now!
Eos is presently writing the tale down as it goes along

((Here's the tale in its entirity, compliments of Tayelle's Eos))

Tayelle Ebonclaw: Our tale begins with a lonely traveler, their attire hidden under an old and tattered hooded shroud that served to conceal them beneath. The journey had been an arduous one for the traveler, but it was what they had set their life to do; To explore and to discover, to find places long forgotten or hidden away. It was on this particular journey, however...

Ghoa Malaguld: "It was on this particular journey that he was to be entering an especially dangerous territory, or so the locals called it: one that was known to be rampant with fearsome serpents known to most as dragons. Despite their fervent warnings at the inn he'd spent the night at, the traveler simply shrugged them off. He was prepared to deal with anything, as this wasn't his first time traveling."

Jessla Naskall: The berk's trip took 'im intae a thick jungle, where 'e nearly stumbled o'er a guard from a nearby town sleepin' it off. the guard awoke 'wif a start.  "Sorry aboot tha', got a bit sloshed and got lost stumblin' aboot, then fell asleep. Groggy Bob's me name, and ye nae want tae go in there," he nodded further intae the jungle, "Dragons an' worst, I be lucky I nae be eaten in me sleep!"

Isla Sahb: "The jungle loomed ominously, trees reaching to the heavens, the flora doing nothing to obscure the gleam of the Bole, standing out clearly in the clear night sky. Shaking my head at Bob I pulled him to his feet, taking a moment to steady him, pointing him back towards the village with a smile. The treeline seemed to stare back at us as we stood there; there was this odd feeling that we weren't alone."

Ruruni Runi: This ominous feeling was revealed to be founded indeed, for when the adventurer chanced a glimpse into the dense trees, a pair of glowing eyes glared back at him! Heart beating a bit faster, though he was loathe to admit it was from fear, he cautiously drew his weapon. The ground beneath his feet shook with a deafening roar...

Auldric Leighwyn: The two men look intently off into the distance. Hearts beating with fear even though they both attempt to hide it from the other. The leaves and flora began to rustle as the figure slowly approaches them. They both begin to slowly back away from what seems like an impending doom, when finally a burly Hyur comes from behind the brush wearing some sort of hat in the shape of a dragon with glowing yellow eyes. "G'd day t'ya!" He shouts...

Arthurioux Duchamps: ...A friendly grin splitting his face in twain. "I'm Steven!" The Hyur yells, his voice entirely too loud for the late hour. "Steven the Intrepid! And if you'll look over there," he crouches down into the brush and carefully pushes aside its branches. "THAT there is our quarry - a La Noscaen jungle drake. A beauty isn't she?" He stands again, dusting himself off. "And I'm," Steven poses for dramatic effect, "going to wrestle with her."

Llysander Snowplover: "Well Steven," Groggy Bob continued,"I soiled my drawers with your antics back there, but my freind here..ah...um.." he looked to the traveler, "Yugen. I'm Yugen Vanya from Doma." he said and drew back his hood revealing gleaming scales, a pair of gnarly horns and peircing yellow eyes of his own.

Cenika Ebonclaw: "Naturally, you wonder where Yugen's wonderful complexion and perfect look come from, and Yugen happy to tell you it from Cenika's wonderful line of beauty care products, affordable and cheap. Cenika is most professional and treat all manner of beings so no worries there, and BY THE TWELVE WHAT IS THAT!" As Yugen finish, Yugen turn just as mighty crash heard, jungle trees shaking all over...for in distraction, the bringer of destruction had snuck up on them and...

Isla Sahb: "All of Cenika's products could not have helped what havoc the Drake wrought. All teeth and claws it pounced on the three of us with a fury that only Nidghogg himself could have matched, knocking Steven a good 20 fulms away back into the treeline. Mouth wide, eerily white teeth somehow gleaming in the night the drake paused, staring at Bob and I with murderous intent..."

Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Steven HOWLED with rage as he pounced upon the violent drake, thrashing with such ferocity!"

Tharsis Tor: "The drake vi-violent as he was in h-h-his rage was stopped short of his t-t-tantrum as they all were when from the west it came.A roar loud enough to shake the trees and l-l-loose dirt around them.F-f-for that brief moment the 4 almost seemed like friends as the ground shook.S-something was approaching them through the growth and and it was big!REALLY BIG!A paw as purple as plum peeked its way out in their sight when suddenly....

Jessla Naskall: Yugen didnae know wha' threat tae deal 'wif, so 'e attacked the drake 'wif 'is blade, 'opin tae drop one foe 'afore facin' another. Steve was still offended at the tossin' so continued tae beat on the drake and ride onnit, oblvious tae the paw on the ground. Groggy Bob though, 'e knew what needed doin' and ran be'ind a large boulder, then pulled out a large flask o' rum and started tae chug it down as more o' the purple creature came intae view.

Earendos Daystar: Suddenly into the clearing bursts a large purple dinosaur shaped creature that had an unnatural patch of green on its belly and was rather fuzzy. Inexplicably it stopped at looked at the combatants before opening its mouth. Just as suddenly as the creature appeared it began to sing.... "I love you, you love me! No need for fighting!"

adoth Bloodreign: And once the singing purple creature showed up, everyone stopped! What was that thing, anyway, and where'd it come from? Yugen and Steve and Groggy Bob all looked at each other, then at the drake, and then at the purple creature... and then, just like they'd all made some sort of unspoken agreenement, they stopped and charged at the dinosaur!

Ilyana Cantata: With blades forward and confused minds, Yugen, Steve and Bob charge the unlikely pacifist. Shocked by such an unexpected exhibition of bloodlust, the dinosaur was unable to put up any defense save a vulnerable hide and stammered protests. The first strike grazed his side, the second pierced his abdomen, and the third spilled the blood from his throat. All strength left him as his head snapped back to gaze up to the heavens questioning what cruel dieties may be laughing at his gruesome fate now.

Tayelle Ebonclaw: ((and thus, Barney was murdered in cold blood))
Ghoa Malaguld: ((rest in pieces))
Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Oh my WORD." eyes widened at the details given
Auldric Leighwyn: ((Damn))
Arthurioux Duchamps: ((my childhood self is very satisfied with the turn in events.))

Tolon Khakol: The four newly formed allies stood silent, covered in the blood of their recent foe. Yugen turned away from the carcass, meeting the gazes of Bob and Steve. A loud huff breaks the silence, all three snapping their heads to sound. The beast they originally encountered was feasting upon the remains of their foe. They each turned back to another, wondering what to do with it. Steve was first to take action, boldly shouting...

Tayelle Ebonclaw: "What would Mighty Steve the drake hunter bellow in response?"
Earendos Daystar: "If anyone else is hungry, feel free to have some."
Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Well I suppose he could bellow that..."
Ghoa Malaguld took the stick up again and skewered the three apples onto it all at once. She then gave the fire the fruity fodder it so desired and worked on roasting them to perfection.
Tayelle Ebonclaw reaches forward to grab one of the skewers. "Any volunteers?"
Jadoth Bloodreign crouches just behind Earendos and then sloooowly creeps forwards, reaching for an apple...
Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Perhaps we should end this tale with a mighty speech of glory?"
Sarangerel Malaguld wiped at his nose, having enjoyed Tolon's part. However, he was still very much focusing on the food... This is what happens when he decides to skip a few meals. He wondered who would go next...
Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Unless that drake had plans of its own? No one knows~"
Isla Sahb: "May I bring it to a close then?"
You nod to Isla Sahb.
Tayelle Ebonclaw: "Aye! Of course!"
Scaar Stormclaw agrees wholeheartedly with Isla Sahb.

Isla Sahb: "Steve wiped his blade on his sleeve, ignoring the quiet hissing as the fluid slowly started to eat through the tough hempen weave of his undershirt. Sheathing his blade, he chuckled to himself, grinning broadly at the others, resting his hands on his hips. "Love my arse" he mutters, "as if anyone could love a monstrosity like that; Cenika's beauty products only do so much." Watching the drake as it feasted itself on the corpse of the dinosaur he slipped the flask of rum from Bob's hand --
Isla Sahb: -- taking a long swig. "Pub, anyone?"

RE: Pass It On-A Different Kind of Campfire Story 6/27 - Doshka17 - 06-27-2015

As my first taste of RP in FF14, I thoroughly enjoyed this gathering. The barney thing was the most unexpected and entertaining bit Tongue