Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Interim Admin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: New Interim Admin (/showthread.php?tid=11936)

Pages: 1 2

New Interim Admin - FreelanceWizard - 06-06-2015

All,

A few weeks ago I said I was stepping down as admin of the RPC. After intensive discussions with the mod team, we've decided that Melkire will take the role of interim admin until a final decision is made regarding the position generally. Naturally, one of the concerns is that the singular admin position is a pretty tough role for a person to hold, and burnout is a major issue. Try not to be too mean to him while he has the admin hat. Smile

So, for anything involving the appeal of warnings or bans, mod actions, post or account moves/deletions/etc., or general administrative things, when you'd contact me, contact one of the mod staff or Melkire instead. I'll be changing the user groups around in the next day or two (there's some PHP stuff I have to do to make that work, as it turns out Smile ) so that he gets the fancy purple name and I don't. Technical requests should also go through the mod staff, who will pass them on to me if necessary -- though if something is offline, you can poke me directly here or in game. Anything related to Patreon or patron stuff should come directly to me for the time being, since I'm still paying the hosting bills.

Again, I appreciate being given the opportunity to serve as your admin. My goal was to serve and help keep the RPC a fun and nice place, and I hope you all feel that I was able to do that, despite my occasional missteps.

*hangs up the hat*

RE: New Interim Admin - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-06-2015

Thank you for the continued work, Freelance.

I'll be sure to barrage with billions of complaints and questions nicely ask Melkire about forum-ish things!

RE: New Interim Admin - Zhavi - 06-06-2015

I...just... you have my complete respect, man. And sads. Lots of sads.

But hey, cheers to Melkire for being willing to be the interim! You guys do your best, and I have always, always appreciated the effort and careful maneuvering that is so difficult to do for large communities.

RE: New Interim Admin - Fox - 06-06-2015

We love you Freelance you've been so awesome for this community. You will be missed but I do look forward to seeing you around!

Welcome Melkire! Hope your time as an interm admin will be wonderful to you.

RE: New Interim Admin - Melkire - 06-06-2015

Thank you so much for everything you've done, are doing, and will do for the community here, Wiz. Heart

Now...

*slams faceplate down and raises riot shield*

...come at me, y'all. Tonberry

RE: New Interim Admin - Kage - 06-06-2015

Thank you Freelance! You've done a great job while I've been here and I appreciate you and your hard work. <3

(06-06-2015, 07:21 PM)Melkire Wrote: Thank you so much for everything you've done, are doing, and will do for the community here, Wiz. Heart

Now...

You.
*throws a lalafell at*

RE: New Interim Admin - Kellach Woods - 06-06-2015

Steppin' down ain't leaving, still good job on the admin side. Keep at it on the tech side.

But yeah, good luck to Melkire.

RE: New Interim Admin - Edgar - 06-06-2015

The torchhat is passed on to a new wearer.

Thank you for your dedicated service, Freelance. And congrats to Melkire, for the time being, at least.

RE: New Interim Admin - Edda - 06-06-2015

Damn I shoulda payed for Melkire's lunch. My ass is grass.

RE: New Interim Admin - Swashbuckler - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 07:21 PM)Melkire Wrote: Thank you so much for everything you've done, are doing, and will do for the community here, Wiz. Heart

Now...

Is that a challenge, Osric?

Because if it is, you'll have to work for your steak.

RE: New Interim Admin - Roen - 06-06-2015

Thank you Freelance, for all you have done, and all that you will continue to do on the technical side of things still!

And welcome Melkire! Good luck! I don't doubt you already know what to expect from the job.

-hands him the buck-

-not the bat-

RE: New Interim Admin - Seye Qhesu - 06-06-2015

*charges and faceplants against shield*

Don't be a stranger, Wiz!

RE: New Interim Admin - OttoVann - 06-07-2015

Can I still bully him?

RE: New Interim Admin - LiadansWhisper - 06-08-2015

(06-07-2015, 12:32 AM)OttoVann Wrote: Can I still bully him?

Would you stop if we said no?  Big Grin

RE: New Interim Admin - Aya - 06-08-2015

Thank you so much Freelance!

Thank you Osric!