Hydaelyn Role-Players
Court Records on the trial of Limsa Lominsa v. Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Court Records on the trial of Limsa Lominsa v. Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn (/showthread.php?tid=11949)

Court Records on the trial of Limsa Lominsa v. Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn - Dogberry - 06-07-2015

The following documents are transcripts from the proceedings of the City State of Limsa Lominsa v. Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn.

Judge: Mister Himalspyrsyn, you stand accused of High Treason, the murder of a superior officer, and conduct unbecoming of an officer of the Maelstrom.

Himalspyrsyn: Yes, your honor.

Judge: And how do you plead?

Himalspyrsyn: Not guilty, your honor.

Judge: Very well. I call to order the case of the City State of Limsa Liminsa versus Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn. The prosecution may make its opening statement.

Prosecution: Thank you, your honor. Here we have Captain Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn, better know as Dogberry Himalspyr. For the length of what I hesitate to call a career, Mister Himalspyrsyn has shown an insubordinate streak, only to be brought to heel under threat of losing his ship. Even then, he has displayed a penchant for getting into trouble. It was this knack, no doubt, that led to his acquaintance with one Alexander Stormwind, a Garlean, with whom Mister Himalspyr entered a business relationship with, providing him with magitek artifacts and weapons for personal gain. Together, as our records show, these two colluded to bring about a weapon so dangerous it needed a primal power it. Mister Himalspyr meant to turn this weapon against the Malestrom, and nearly succeeded. He turned on a superior observing officer and murdered him in cold blood. This was a vile plot against the state of Limsa Lominsa. I can say it in no plainer language. Mister Himalspyrsyn deserves to die. That is all.

Judge: And the defense? I understand Mister Himalspyrsyn you have prepared a statement.

Himalspyrsyn: I have, your honor.

Judge: You may proceed.

Himalspyrsyn: I do not deny that many have died by my actions. That my fixation on the Lord of the Whorl himself has led to the loss of good lives, which I cannot repay. I am filled with overwhelming remorse for the things I am responsible for. These words are a shadow of the grief I feel for those who have died and been hurt by my terrible folly. Though, I wish it to be said that I am not here alone. That the things I did were performed in the line of performing my duty for Limsa Lominsa and the Maelstrom, two entities which I insist must be considered separate. Indeed it is in service to Limsa Lominsa that I sought to protect her shores by any means necessary, and in service to The Maelstrom that I took the task of holding the power of a god in my hands in order to strike down her enemies. It was at the Maelstrom's call I test an experimental weapon. One they were aware was made by a Garlean. They insisted I test it, knowing full well disaster could strike, and now they call me a traitor when it blows up in my face. I pray you will see this injustice, and not allow it to continue. While we are here to find whether or not I am a traitor to The Maelstrom, if you allow this injustice, it is not me who has turned on Limsa Lominsa. Thank you.

Judge: Have you anything else?

Himalspyrsyn: I do not, your honor.

---------------

The Testimony of Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn

Prosecution: Describe your relationship with Alexander Stormwind.

Himalspyrsyn: I first met Stormwind while looking for buyers. I had taken some magitek devices in a raid on Garlean territory and was looking to offload it.

Prosecution: And you did not think to bring it to the Maelstrom?

Himalspyrsyn: I am not aware of a Maelstrom initiative to recover and research magitek. The only outlets I know of are independent operations, like the Garlond Ironworks, and several Free Companies.

Prosecution: So you chose to back Stormwind.

Himalspyrsyn: He was one of my buyers.

Prosecution: And were you aware of his Garlean history?

Himalspyrsyn: Not initially, but I discovered it later.

Prosecution: And you persisted in doing business with him?

Himalspyrsyn: I had no reason not to trust him.

Prosecution: Even though he was a Garlean.

Himalspyrsyn: Cid Garlond is a Garlean, too.

Prosecution: Your legs. Alexander Stormwind built your legs, yes?

Himalspyrsyn: Yes, he did.

Prosecution: After your first brush with Leviathan--

Himalspyrsyn: Second.

Prosecution: Excuse me?

Himalspyrsyn: My second brush with Leviathan.

Prosecution: Ah yes, during the, um--

Himalspyrsyn: Yes, during that.

Prosecution: So your second encounter with Leviathan left you a broken man, and Alexander Stormwind built you a new set of magitek legs?

Himalspyrsyn: Yes, he did.

Prosecution: Surely he must has struck some kind of deal with you for that kind of work. How did you repay him?

Himalspyrsyn: He asked me to do research on primals, saying he was working on a new kind of weapon that would solve the so-called "Primal Problem."

Prosecution: And what did your research entail?

Himalspyrsyn: Fighting primals.

Prosecution: And you didn't think the warranted any attention from Maelstrom command.

Himalspyrsyn: Not initially, no. As a privateer, I am--was, given a measure of free reign. It wasn't until I requested help that I was brought so closely into the Maelstrom's fold.

Prosecution: Can you elaborate?

Himalspyrsyn: It wasn't until our need for an airship to attack Garuda came along that I reported to the Maelstrom, requesting help. In exchange for their help, I was asked to hand over the results to the findings of this weapon research, and then given a job that would keep me much closer to headquarters.

Prosecution: To make such a deal you seem incredibly motivated to the task. What drove you to make these bargains?

Himalspyrsyn: My motivations are my own, and I do not need to justify them to this court.

Prosecution: Very well. You may stand down.

-----

The Testimony of Honruna Kyoruna

Defense: You were a witness to the events after the weapons test. Can you tell the court what happened?

Kyoruna: I was a crewman aboard Syldra's Revenge. I did not see the captain kill the commander. When they teleported back, though, the commander was on the captain's spear. Then the others bum rushed him. He fell to the ground, and called for the crew to fire a broadside. The crew... they obeyed. After a fight, they disarmed and knocked the captain out. The Maelstrom ship boarded us and we were taken into custody.

Defense: What happened in custody?

Kyoruna: They charged the captain... and Vash. Put them in the brig. The weapon got destroyed by Miss Oruissi, too.

Defense: What state did Captain Himalspyrsyn appear to be in?

Kyoruna: He was not like himself. Not at all. Captain has an intensity to him, sure, but he's generally good natured. He went around calling himself the Lord of the Whorl.

Defense: Is that a direct quote? Lord of the Whorl?

Kyoruna: Indeed, sir.

Defense: Thank you. You may step down, sir.

------
Closing Arguments

Prosecution: Mister Himalspyr's actions have left to the death of many, and the endangerment of Limsa Lominsa. Not even the Defense has denied this. There is a clear conspiracy here, a story of a traitor's ambition, blinded by his own rage and need for revenge. Revenge against a beast who wronged him, and the organization he feels is responsible for that pain. This man deserves the gallows.

Defense: Nobody is denying the unfortunate events that took place here. But count among them one more victim. A man doing his duty. Pushing the frontiers-- something inherently Limsan, I feel. The Maelstrom was complicit, even encouraging of this endeavor, going as far as to invest resources and aid into the research. Why now make a scapegoat of a man when the fruits of our efforts turn sour? Is this the kind of nation we wish to be?

Judge: If this concludes your arguments, then we will take a short recess while the court deliberates to reach a verdict.

RE: Court Records on the trial of Limsa Lominsa v. Daghbheri Himalspyrsyn - Dogberry - 06-08-2015

The Verdict

Judge: Mister Himalspyrsyn, under normal circumstances I would ask you to stand, but in this case, could someone please wheel the defendent forward? Thank you. Yes, about there will work. After much thought I have come to a decision. Mister Himalspyrsyn, these unfortunate events are the result of a pattern of reckless and dangerous behavior on your part. A selfish desire for revenge against a dangerous foe, best left fought by those more suited to handle the situation. Most men, indeed any good man, would have come to terms with the unfortunate things in his life, and sought to live a humble life filled with honest work. But you, Mister Himalspyrsyn, raged on against the beast and the world that contained it, and now men are dead and your country has been endangered by a weapon you helped create. The Maelstrom did not put a gun to your head and tell you to do this. You came to us with a proposition, and led those involved to their graves. I have no choice but to find you guilty on all charges. You are hereby sentenced to death by hanging. Enjoy your last days, Mister Himalspyrsyn. May the twelve have mercy on you. This court is adjourned.